Do It By Hand

What You Ask

When I woke this time, Conor was gone. I sighed figuring he had to get to the studio box. I stretched feeling sore, I realized I was still naked. I also realized there was a note in the empty space next to me.

Lola,

I should be back around 8, let's finish what we started.

Conor


How do you respond to that? Well, your body responds more so than your mind. And mine has chills running up and down it. I glanced at the clock which said 3:00 p.m., I had time to recall the acts of the morning. I was actually a little shocked at myself. I had always planned on waiting I suppose, but that changed somewhere. Maybe it was the fact that I was going to be in a co-ed dorm. And I didn't want it wasted on some random act of stupidity. Wasted on some guy I'll only date for a semester before I find out he's actually the campus stud. Or maybe it was the way it felt when Conor kissed me. When he looked at me, when his skin touched mine. Those thoughts sent my body into shivers, pleasant ones making my toes curl. Making me wonder how tonight would go, how other nights would go. I sighed in determination to shower, and maybe go to the store. I needed food, real food, vegetables don't always cut it when you're used to eating BBQ for a summer. I showered letting the hot water and steam loosen my sore muscles. Muscles I hadn't realized I had in certain places, which made me smile. After getting out and drying I lotioned my body, I read you're supposed to do that after a shower. And plus, Conor had remarked on how he liked the smell. I slipped on a sundress and sandals, then stepped into the warm Mexico weather.

"Lola?" I turned and saw Conor only a few feet away, shooing his band mate in the other direction.

"What are you doing back so early?" I smiled as he pulled me to him kissing me before he replied.

"I came to get some lunch, I figured you were at the beach bronzing." he smirked tracing his hand up my arm.

"No, I don't want to be wrinkly like white people get." I chuckled, he rolled his eyes.

"True, we do get wrinkled faster if out in the sun too much." he grinned. He didn't let go of me as we stood there for a moment just looking at each other in the scenery.

"So where were you going?" he said snapping back to the present clearing his throat. Which made me smile.

"To get some food." my stomach made a rumbling noise as if it was agreeing.

"I'll go with you." he smiled. It was the cutest smile I had ever seen. It made me laugh,

"What?" he said as we began to walk.

"Nothing, just your smile."

"What, do I have some spinach in my teeth from this morning?" he said showing his teeth.

"No." I continued to laugh.

"Does a booger hang out when I smile?" now he was showing me his nostrils.

"Actually no, but it does when you do that." I said looking through my purse for a tissue.

"You carry those around?"

"Well id I'm changing climates drastically for a short period of time. I have sinuses."

"I understand, although my mother says mine is from smoking." he chuckled. We happened to stop at a restaurant that I saw on the way in.

"You want to eat in here?" he asked as I answered by following the smell of the spices inside.

"Hola! Dos?"

"Si." I smiled inhaling the smells of spicy chicken and steak. My stomach made an even louder noise as to push me to make a fast decision on what to feed it.

"How well is your spanish?"

"Well enough to know that it's epsañol." I grinned. The host sat us, and a curvy waitress came soon.

"Hola! Me llamo Maríz, qué usted querría beber?" she smiled, she was one of those latinos you see in movies. Perfect hair and teeth, no need for make-up.

"Sangría." Conor ordered. I turned to him raising an eyebrow, not remembering if they carded in Mexico, as much as the rest of America did.

"Cuántos años?" she asked nonchalantly. He simply showed her his I.D. and that was the end of it.

"It's nice to be in a country where they only asked if you look american just to make you feel better." he smirked leaning back against his chair.

"I suppose." I smirked, shrugging deciding on the steak filled empanada.

"Do you drink much?"

"I like sangría," I grinned as our waitress brought our pitcher with 2 glasses.

"Quiero las empanadas con bistec." I smiled,

"Verduras?"

"Si, llantén." I watched as she turned to Conor who didn't order in english either.

"Gracias." Conor smiled looking at me as our waitress went away with our order.

"Did you rush her?" I asked taking a sip of my sangría.

"No, I was just being difficult to make sure my food wasn't seasoned wrong." he chuckled. I nodded, the smell of the food was getting to be overwhelming.

"How'd you learn such decent spanish?" he asked leaning back and stretching against the booth.

"I took spanish in high school, then again last year." I shrugged.

"Oh, well that explains it." he chuckled, smirking at me.

"How'd you learn such decent spanish?"

"School, and then coming here living around it." he replied squinting at something behind me.

"Is that a batman insignia on your earrings?"

"Yes." I smirked.

"What other comics do you like?"

"Spiderman." he just smiled at me.

"What?"

"I like Watchmen."

"I've read it."

"So how does a vocal performance major have such a variety of tastes?"

"Hmm, hating conformists." I smiled as our food came.
--------------------------------

I laid there listening to the night wind, absently watching it affect the candle light on the ceiling. Conor had to finish some things up before he could call it day in the studio. Although he made it perfectly clear about what was going to happen when he got back. He asked me if I found the note, and grinned. My phone began to ring it was Gordan.

"Yes?" I answered.

"So, you come home in 2 days. Are you coming home a virgin?" he asked bluntly. And being friends with him for so long, it no longer phased me.

"If you must know, no."

"No, to not coming home in 2 days or the virginity being taken."

"The taking of the virginity." I laughed, he couldn't help but laugh loudly as well.

"Was it good?"

"Yes."

"Did you scream?"

"Really?" I laughed.

"Well did you?"

" I don't think so."

"Scream next time."

"Why?"

"It makes him work harder, and feel better about himself." he stated.

"Really?" I asked curiously.

"I bet he'll tell you to moan at the least."

"He doesn't strike me as the screaming type." I thought out loud. And at the moment Conor chose to walk in.

"He came back didn't he?" Gordan chuckled.

"Yes, I'll call you later." I said hanging up the phone as Conor who looked tired walked toward the bed.

"Who doesn't strike you as the screaming type?" Conor asked sitting next to me on the bed.

"You don't." I stated.

"That I don't scream? Everyone has screamed at some point and time in their lives." I liked that he was clueless.

"Ok." I smirked.

"Oh, you mean like screaming in- oh alright." he laughed nervously.

"It's more so if you like to hear screaming." I said to get the confused look off his face.

"It depends." he shrugged.

"On what?"

"The tempo, and the mood."

"I suppose."

"And actions speak louder than words mostly." he grinned before pressing his lips to mine. Making the shivers start up again, and also making it clear that he was going to show me the differences.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, sorry for not updating.
I actually had this sitting my comp.
And I decided between study breaks to put it up.
It's midterm time!