Hate That I Love You

Good Choice Max.

“I lost my baby?”

“How the hell do we tell Mike?” I paced around the room, hurriedly glancing over everything in the room, but mostly keeping my eyes glued to the floor. Max sat quietly, obviously he had already gone over this and figured he had no answer, so just gave up.

Good choice Max.

Bryan was humming to himself, tapping his feet, and trying to calm me down all at the same time, while still keeping his eyes firmly on the lifeless form that was Alex. Her eyes were still set on the ceiling, and she was still mumbling little comments, but now they were comments like “My poor baby..” and things like that, which made us all feel bad about it.

“We don’t? we let them sort it out..” Bryan smiled, turning to Max quickly, to see if he had a better suggestion. He just kept his eyes to the floor.

“But? Wont they both try to kill each other?” I whinged, making gestures of violence and killing.

“What are you on? Seriously.” Max murmured.

“Shut up asshole..”

“Guys.. seriously, there are more worse off things right now.” Bryan squirmed around and grunted as he moved closer to the door.

“Where are you going?” I asked, instantly standing up from my chair to follow.

“Well someone has to tell Mike..”

“You are going to tell Mike?” Max also jumped in his seat.

“No, im going to tell him he needs to talk to Alex…”

“Oh…” I relaxed back into the seat, allowing my heart to return to its normal heart beat.

“Just wait here.. and please don’t ring each others necks..” Bryan sighed, rolling his eyes before closing the door behind him.

“Look…I’m…” Max started.

“No Max… I didn’t mean to, its just… this whole situation isn’t getting any better.. and its stressing me out.” I admitted, standing up and approaching the nearest window, giving myself a view of the wonderful world outside, and it made me realise how much I had missed what was going on around me, that was how much this entire situation had affected my life.

“You need to rest, its getting late…. I will stay behind..”

“But Bryan wont leave, and I’m not leaving without Bryan.”

Max sighed. “Make him leave, he cant stay here forever, his brother is independent.” Max laughed, reaching across the bed towards me. “Go home..”

“Uh?... fine, ill go and get Bryan.. But you cant stay here forever either, just remember that… none of us a superheroes.” I smiled and made my way for the door, opening it slightly before turning back to Max.

“Thank you…”

And I felt the room, silently, leaving Max and Alex alone, to wait for Mike’s appearance.

“They all care about you…” Max leant over towards Alex and whispered into her ear. Her reply was a lightly spoken comments about her lost foetus. Max smirked to himself and leaned back into the chair.

“I wish they cared this much about me..” he smirked.

“Bryan?” I entered into Mikes room, finding it empty. I turned around and left the room, closely following the halls back to the waiting room.

“Bryan?!” I called out once I was in the waiting room. Nurses glanced at me stupidly as they walked past, finding me and odd individual. I smirked back at them and continued my track around the hospital, looking for Bryan. I walked myself over the the public toilets of the hospital. Upon finding a familiar set of clothes piled outside asking to be picked up by a nurse to be taken to get washed. I smirked to myself, looked around for anyone who was watching me. I found no one, so preceeded to enter into the toilets, based on my instinct that those clothes were Mike’s.

“Mike?” I called, receiving a small answer

“Yeah? Rory? Is that you?” he quietly whispered, peeping around the corner of the toilets at me. I smiled and approached him slowly.

“Don’t come any closer… im naked!” he blushed, backing back into the toilets.

“What are you doing without your clothes?” I asked, lifting an eyebrow.

“Bryan was getting me cleaner clothes, to see Alex.” He happily spoke to me as he was behind the toilet door. His delicate feet were wandering around the ground of the toilet, giving me the idea that he was a squeamish feeling. I smirked to myself.

“Mike relax… she wants to see you.” I relaxed him.

I faintly heard the heavy footsteps approach me from behind. I spun on my heels to face my on-comer. He spun around the corner quickly, carrying a bunch of cleanly-smelling clothes. The scent passed by me as he did.

“Bryan?”

He turned around and faced me.

“Oh Rory.. I didn’t see you there, sorry, I’m just getting clean clothes for Mike.”

“Bryan…” I started “Max has asked me to take you home.”

Bryan stopped instantly, dropping the clothes in front of him.

“Here Mike.” He individually gave the sheets of clothing to Mike, who was eagerly accepting them, his hands extended enthusiastically.

“Bryan?”

“Rory, I cant go home.. Mike needs me.” He whinned

“Mike doesn’t need you, he’s almost 20, he is independent, Come on, I need you to come home.”

“Cant you go home by yourself?” Bryan retorted, passing my rudely.

“Bryan? Just come home without arguing with me? Please?” I begged, turning back to the toilet which vacated Mike. The door to the toilet opened, Mike slowly wobbled out, his hands still finding a stable place of the wall to keep his balance.

“Bryan… Go home, I need to see Alex on my own anyway, then I think I might hit the sack… Go home Bro… stop tiring yourself out.” Mike weakly smiled, his hand still placed against the wall.

“Mikem I cant go home, I need to walk you back to bed.
Mike was getting angry.

“Bryan! You have a lovely girlfriend, who wants to take you home.. why are you declining? Dude, If I were you I’d ditch me and go home… you have no idea what your missing.”

I blushed as Mike winked at me.

“Thanks?” I mouthed.

“Mike, I want to be here…”

“Go home… I don’t need you.. I am nearly 20.” Mike walked passed him, like Bryan had previously done to me. As he passed me he whispered into my ear.

“Go home and treat him good… don’t make me take back what I said.” He smirked, and left us both in the bathroom.

I looked around awkwardly.

“Now will you come home?” I asked, approaching him slowly.

“Rory… of course… I’m sorry, I care about him so much that he’s absorbing all my attention, that I should be giving to you.” He smiled, walking over to me and embracing me in an air-squeezing hug. “Yes, we can go home now.”

He took my hand in his and lead me out of the hospital, and into the vaguely familiar home.

Its amazing what drama can do to ones emotions, especially a load of drama.

“I love you Rory..” Bryan wept quietly on the other end of the room.

“Bryan? Whats wrong?” I asked, creeping up to his side of the room.

“I didn’t mean to treat you so badly back there, I just… care for Mike’s condition… and it was making me blind,” Bryan admitted, collapsing onto the bed in front of me.

“Don’t worry about it Babe, I know you didn’t mean it.” I smiled, leaning down, holding myself above Bryan’s relaxing body.

Bryan smirked.

“I was thinking, was what Mike said true?”

“About what?” I returned the smirk, playing along with his game.

“You should show me what I’ve been missing…”

I leaned in closer, my body laying against his. I felt his breath against my face, warming the saliva that watered my cracked lips.

“You want a round?” Bryan asked seductively, wrapping his hands around my waist. He pulled me closer to him, my lips just scraping over his.

“What is I do?” I seductively winked.

“Lets find out…”

He pressed his lips to mine, his hands moving to the sides of my face, deepening the kiss.