Hate That I Love You

Honey, You didnt lose anyone?

“Alex?” Mike peeked around the door frame, his eyes laying firmly on his stick thin lover that lay motionless in the crispy hospital bed. He entered quietly achieving to not make a lot of noise. He slowly closed the door behind him, upon hearing it snap shut he turned to face the hospital bed, but his eyes were darted closer to the small figure that rest in the chair nest to the bed.

“Max? what are you doing here?” he asked, tilting his head to the side.

Max lifted his head from where it was resting on the bed and weakly faced Mike, his tall figure towering over the end of the bed. Max had always misunderstood how tall Mike and Bryan were.

“I am making sure you get here safely, and that Bryan has gone home..” Max smirked, trying to look around Mikes figure he found that Bryan was no where in site.

“It took some arse kissing, but he did eventually go home.” Mike laughed, taking a seat on the opposite of the bed.

Max sighed, arising from his seat. “Well I guess I had better go, I have to be home soon, and cook tea for the poor souls out there who cant cook for themselves, We will be back in the morning. See you around..” Max smiled, pushing the chair away from his feet and walked over to the door.

“Oh, can you tell everyone that we are very thankful for their help and care towards us, we really needed it.”

“Mike, we are happy that you’s are both still breathing, tell Alex I ask her to get better, that’s when you can talk to her of course.” Max glared at Alex’s frozen figure, her eyes were still wide open and her mouth was constantly letting little comments slip out.

“She looks so dramatised, what wrong with her.”

Max froze, and began to turn back to exit through the small door way out into the less-busy hallway.

“I don’t know, she has been like that all afternoon, maybe she cant wait to see you.” Max forced out a smile, and turned on his heel and left the room as quickly as possible, but making it seem that he wasn’t in a rush.

“God forbid that you end up the same way Mike.” He blessed as he walked away from the room, down towards one of the numerous exits in the huge white building.

“Max! What took you so long? We have been waiting here all afternoon, literally.” Robert quirked, slapping his friend on the back when he came within contacts reach. Robert sensed his stress and sadness.

“She not good enough for you?” Robert chuckled, throwing his head back as he howled out a long crack of laughter.

“No, its not that, there is nothing between us..” Max joked back, forcing smiles and forms of cackles whenever one was necessary.

“No seriously, what up? You are never this sad?” Robert backed off. “She’s dead isn’t she?”

Max turned to him.

“Who’s dead?” he jumped, not realising that Robert was talking about Alex and not the deceased baby that had previously rested in Alex’s womb.

“Alex?”

“Oh god no… she’s not dead, it would take a lot more than a car crash to kill her.” Max lessened up, wishing that he hadn’t jumped to conclusions.

“So what is up?”

“Nothing Robert…. I feel absolutely fine..” Max smiled, turning to Robert and showing more of the smile to hopefully get Robert to drop the subject.

“That’s what I like to hear…speaking of feelings, im getting quite hungry. What for tea chef Max?”

Max laughed silently to himself. “Whatever you feel like Robert…”

“Alex? Are you alright?” Mike moved closer to the squarely made bed, his hands leaving indents in the crisp-hard sheets.

“Mike?” Alex whispered, pushing her hand closer to Mikes which were still melding into the bed.

“Alex? Why are you so scared? What is wrong?”

Alex tensed up. Mike felt her hands tighten around his, cutting the blood flow to his fingers.

“Alex?”

“We lost her…” she whispered, turning to Mike to face him correctly. He looked at her questioningly.

“Who did you lose?” he leant in, trying to catch every little comments she made.

“My little girl, I lost her… the car killed her.”

Mike’s mind was racing a billion different thoughts right now.

Was she delirious?

Did she had Amnesia?

Was she now a schizophrenic?

Mike moved back into his seat. He gracefully ran his slender fingers though his short brown hair, massaging his aching skull.

“Honey? You didn’t lose anyone?” he whispered to himself. He glanced outside the window which overlooked the hall way. He searched for a passing nurse, one that could possibly give him the condition of his lover.

“Our little girl, I lost her…”

Mike froze in his seat. His hands flew up to the arm rests of the chair. His fingers were so tightly wrapped around the rests that his fingers went purple from lack of blood flow. He released for his finger obtained an aching numbness.

“What little girl Alex?” Mike crept closer, lifting himself from his chair and resting his elbows on the bed. His newly red hands gripped Alex’s stone cold hands withing his, holding them tightly, to keep them warm.

“Are you okay Alex?” he moved closer.

She faced him directly.

“I was pregnant, Mike”

The colour drained from his face.