Status: Currently on hiatus.

We Let It All Slip Away

We may have a future together.

After a load of interacting with Slipknot, we all decided to hit the road. I helped Joey un-do all the drums and took them over to the bus which was parked outside Joey’s house. The rest of the guys were just bringing all the other stuff to the bus like the masks and what I thought was Joey’s guitar.

After we had finished putting everything in the bus, we made our way to the venue. Everyone sat in their own row of seats, just relaxing, except me and Joey. He asked me to sit with him because he hated feeling lonely. He was so sweet. He told me that the venue is an hour or two drive, so if we wanted, we could have a nap in the bus on the way there.

“Have you played at this venue before?” I asked, staring out the window.

“Yeah, it’s the first venue we ever played at.” Joey said.

“Aw cool.” I smiled. “I take it loads come to the show then?”

“Yeah, a hundred or so.” He smiled.

“That reminds me,” I said, clearing my throat. “What’s with the masks?”

“Oh, I just suggested to wear them just so people didn’t focus on what we looked like, just our music.” Wow, it seemed as if Joey really did care about the music he was making, he was definitely going to make a huge career out of this.

“Oh, that’s such a good idea.” I smiled, looking back into his gorgeous eyes. His eyes were pretty small, but so, so gorgeous.

“Really? The guys thought it was stupid at first.” He mumbled. Why would they think that? You don’t see any other bands doing stuff like this. They usually use their faces to wear stupid makeup and get girls and shit like that.

“Yeah, definitely.” I smiled. Joey smiled back. I wish we were more than friends, I really do.

--

About an hour later, or maybe earlier, we arrived at the venue. When I got out of the bus, I noticed that it wasn’t as big as I expected it to be. It was pretty small for 100 odd to fit in there.
“Home sweet home.” Shawn cheered. I giggled. He must love being in a band also.
“Yo guys, who’s the girl?” Said a tall guy who was stood by a black door...must’ve been the entrance to backstage.

“A good friend of mine.” Joey stated, pulling me close, wrapping his arm around me. Oh...my...god.

“She going backstage with y’all?” he asked.

“Definitely.” Joey smiled. The guy nodded and opened the door. We all walked in. I’ve never been backstage of a gig before, so this was all new to me. We had to walk up several steps to get into the actual lounge. It wasn’t what I expected at all. The place was full of couches, and loads of snacks. There was even a plasma TV with an Xbox under it. How cool.

“Hell yeah! They brought the Xbox back!” Paul shouted, running towards the console turning it on. “Who’s gonna play me then?”

“I will,” Donnie said “Just know that I’ll defeat your ass.”

I loved it here, it was so cool. I had never expected to be somewhere like this with a band who may get big in the future. I felt privileged.

“So, how you doin’?” Joey asked, sitting on the couch. He repeatedly tapped on the space next to him, signalling me to sit down.

“I’m doin’ good, how you doin’?” I replied, sitting down.

“I’m doing well now that you’re here.” He smiled. It made me giggle. “Your laugh is so cute.”

“Stop it, you’re making me blush.” I said, playfully slapping his arm.

“Ow, that hurt.” Joey sighed, rubbing his arm continuously.

“I’m so sorry!” I apologized.

“Gotcha.” Joey laughed. I glared at him, turning away & folding my arms. He then poked me in the waist that made me burst out with laughter. I never had expected that Joey and I would get along like this around about now, seeing as we’d only known each other for a little while.

“You two are so loved up.” Shawn said, throwing popcorn at us. Joey just blushed & glared at him, throwing popcorn back. I could see a future with Joey, and I was very sure it was going to be a perfect future.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got given a 'detention task' to update this story cause Brian got Ian addicted...so this chapters dedicated to you, Ian...you detention giver. :E And of course to the main character, Chaz...and the dude thats helped me alot with this story, Brian. :)