A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (20) I prayed

"Who can?" Justin asks.
Two simple words. Two simple words that I could answer. But I just looked at him full of disbelief. Two words he should be able to answer.
"You really have ask?" I say looking at him totally lost.
"Not really. I want to be sure." Justin says watching me intently.
I set down the box I had brought him and get closer to him. I smile and take his hand in mine. But before I could say anything my phone started ringing. Something told me I need to look at it. It was Joe. He knew where I was and wouldn't call unless it was important.
"I got to take this." I say looking at Justin.
"Of course." Justin says nodding.
"Joe?" I say as I answer the phone.
"Jess," Joe sobs, "Selena s-sh-she..."
"She what? Joe, what's wrong with Selena?" I demand my heart racing.
"She got sick. She was puking her guts out then she passed out and hit her head. We are at the hospital now. It's not looking to good." Joe says still sobbing.
"I'll be there in a minute." I say and hang up.
"What's wrong?" Justin asks quickly.
"Look, you have to come to the hospital. Selena's sick and it's not good. Please, even if you leave after just come." I say looking at him.
I didn't wait for an answer. I grabbed the box threw it in my truck and drove away as fast as I could. I didn't look back to see if he was coming. For once since I got to know him, Justin was the last thing on my mind. All that mattered to me right now was that I got to the hospital and that Selena was okay. She had to be okay.
I pulled into the hospital and ran inside. I asked the lady at the counter where Selena was and she pointed towards where I should go. I ran even though she told me not to. I got to this little waiting room to find Joe sitting in a chair with his head in his hands.
"Joe." I sigh.
"Jess, where's Justin?" Joe asks.
"I told him to come. But I don't know if he is." I say softly.
"Right." Joe says and nods.
"What happened?" I say quietly.
"She got sick. You know, with her cancer she gets sick a bunch. She was throwing up and then she passed out. Hit her head on the toilet. I called 911 and here we are." Joe says in a hurry. I nod and start to pace.
"The doctor came out a minute ago and said she hit her head hard, she got a concussion, and might go into a coma. Because of her cancer, this isn't good. And she's really sick." Joe says.
I nod again not trusting my voice. I kept pacing keeping my eyes on the floor. Selena couldn't die. She can't. She won't. I kept telling myself this. Just as I was pacing back across the room, I ran into something hard. I look up to see Justin standing there. My heart does a jump and for the first time, I almost started to cry.
"Sorry, but a moving truck can't go as fast as yours can." Justin says.
I nod and he takes a seat next to Joe. Talking to him. I pace. It's what I did. The doctor came out and said that Selena was fine with the whole cancer thing. If she dies it wouldn't be from that. IF she dies, lovely. She is going into a coma but they are trying their best to prevent that. We all nodded and I went back to my pacing.
At some time, Justin got up and grabbed my shoulders, making me stop.
"Jess." Justin says looking me in the eyes.
"What?" I snap close to tears.
"Sit." Justin says pulling me onto a little couch thing with him and wrapping his arms around me.
I started crying at that point. I mean, I really started to cry. I was bawling. I knew I was saying something no one could understand, I hardly understood, but Justin just held me and didn't let go. I finally got to the point where I couldn't cry anymore. So I sat up and rested my head on Justin's shoulder. He kept his arm around me.
About 30 minutes later, the doctor came out and said that Selena was in a coma. We were allowed to see her one at a time before they took her for more tests. Joe was going to let me go first but I shook my head and let him go. When he came out, Justin went in. Justin came out and I knew I had to face this. I stood up and walked towards her door, passing Justin on the way, our hands brushed each others and I got some more confidence.
I walk into her room and start to cry softly. She looks so hurt, so broken. I walk up to her quickly and hold her hand.
"Selena, you promised you wouldn't put me through you dieing. You can't do this." I whisper. No response, of course.
"Lena, I love you. You are my sister. You will always be my sister. And I'm not letting this happen. No way am I letting this happen. Come on, Lena, wake up. Please." I whisper.
The nurse came in at that moment and told me I had to leave. I nodded and as soon as I was out that door I sank down on the wall next to it. I cried. And then I did something I thought I would never do. I prayed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments! I need comments. I want at least one more comment before the next chp. Come on one is all im asking for. Don't not comment cuz u think someone else is going to...because then I get no comments. :( Anyways. Comments please!! :) I'm thinking about an intresting twist ending but im not sure yet....but not to worry we aren't tht close to the end yet. :))) COMMENT PLEASEE!