A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (22) I'm dreaming.

One of the first things I noticed when I woke up was that Justin, Joe, and Josh were all wearing the same clothes that they had on the day Jason died. Me being me noticed that. Another thing was that on the left side of me there was an empty chair, one that looked like someone had just left it. Third thing, Mom, Dad, and Perry were all by the wall and they weren't fighting...Mom didn't even seem mad that Dad was in the same room with her. I turn to my right where Joe and Justin were sitting and I look straight at Justin, who looks surprised by that.
"Where's Selena?" I say wondering. Where was she? I just saw her die in this bed, and now I'm in it! I need some answers, but the one he gave me wasn't what I wanted.
"Selena? Who's that?" Joe asks.
"You know, Selena! You like her. She's my best friend." I say.
"Miley's your best friend." Justin says slowly like something was wrong with me.
"Nooo. After Jason died, Selena became my best friend." I say slowly back to him.
"What?" Josh says chiming in.
"Hey guys! I brought pizza because by the bathroom there's a pizza place! Did I miss anything?" an all too familiar voice says and then an all too familiar person walks through the door.
"You're awake!" Jason yells and runs to me.
I stare at him wide eye as he sets down the pizza and tries to give me a hug. As he reaches for me I move away. He gives me a weird look and I just shake my head, so he stops tilting his head confused.
"I'm dreaming. This is a dream. You're not here." I say looking at Jason.
"No, it's not a dream." Joe says.
"Yes it is. It has to be. Because well, he's dead! He can't be here. He's not alive. So it has to be a dream." I say looking at Joe then Justin. Who were both looking at me with scared faces.
"I'm going to get the doctor." Mom says in a worried voice.
"Why? It's just a dream. I'm dreaming." I say convincing myself.
"Jess, it's not a dream. This is real." Jason says.
"No! You died! And I basically died with you. It was horrible. But then, it got better." I say trying to explain, then I turn to Justin, "You made it better. You helped me. Please, I know I'm right. I lived that! I have to be dreaming."
At this point I'm in tears, and Justin was shaking his head slowly letting me know he didn't know what I was talking about. Mom came back with the doctor who checked me out then took Mom, Dad, and Perry into the hall to talk. I was still crying and everyone else was watching me like I was a bomb about to explode. They look worried, but I know I'm not crazy. It has to be a dream. It just does. I lived that. Jason's not here, he's dead. He's dead.
Joe slowly reached toward me and took my hand carefully. He looks like he's hurting. It's got to be that twin thing. One's hurting the other one can feel it. Maybe we're just really close so it's like that. I squeeze his hand tightly and close my eyes still crying, at this point, I'm trying to wake up. I want out of this nightmare.
Dad came back and called Jason out. I watched him leave my tears slowly stopping. He came back in after a few minutes and sat down taking my other hand. I jumped at his touch, it felt so real, but I didn't pull away.
"Jess, listen. Just listen okay? Don't say anything until I'm done." Jason says.
"Okay." I say softly.
"You remember our fight? The one where you said you hated me?" Jason says. I nod tears starting up again.
"I don't." I say quietly.
"You don't?" Jason says confused.
"I don't hate you." I say crying.
"I know. Now listen." Jason says rubbing my hand with his thumb. I nod again and try to control my tears.
"After the fight, you left the house really mad. You went to the park right?" Jason says and I nod.
"Well, Joe called and told you to come home. And on you're way back you got in a wreck. You've been in a coma for two weeks." Jason says.
"No, Joe called and said you were dead. I was crying and I ran off the road but I was okay. I didn't hit anything. You were the one in the wreck." I say looking at him.
"Jess, wait. Let me finish." Jason says. I nod again and listen.
"The doctor said it's normal for you to have a very life like dream while you're in a coma. Everything that you remember, or you think you remember, isn't true. That's what the dream is. The truth is that you've been in a coma for two weeks and we haven't left your side. None of us. Dad even came down for you." Jason says.
I shake my head, "No, I'm telling you. This is the dream." I say.
"Jess, trust me this isn't a dream." Jason says.
I sit there shaking my head. I can't believe him he's dead.
"You're dead. Of course you're going to say that in my dream." I say with a duh tone.
"Jessica." Justin says softly and I turn. He's one guy I've trusted ever since Jason died. If he says this is a dream, it has to be.
"I'm dreaming. Right Justin?" I say wanting him to say it.
"This isn't a dream." Justin says softly. And I sit there letting that sink in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh! I love this chapter! I do. Cuz it's my twist. I know...a twist! a twist! haha. :) Okay. So I love the twist. And I want to know what you think of it. :) So comments please! Pleeeaaasssseeee. Okay so I've begged. So feedback! Thank you. :))