A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (24) Getting my 'life' back

The next morning, Miley swore up and down that either I drive myself or she would come get me. I told her I would drive. So I asked Jason if I could borrow his car, and he reluctantly said yes. I took a deep breath and headed outside. I have no memory of my crash, so it should be okay for me to drive. I get into the car and start it. Suddenly, I see glass shattering everywhere and the car flipping. I yank the keys out and jump out of the car. Gasping, I sink down to the concrete and lean up against the car. I pull out my phone and dial the number the best I can with my hands shaking so much.
"Hello?" Justin's all too familiar voice answers.
"Just-tin." I say trying to breath steadily.
"Jessica? Where are you? What's wrong?" Justin asks starting to worry.
"Outside. Can you please come help me?" I say still breathing heavily.
"I'm coming." Justin says hanging up.
Within a few seconds, I heard the front door open and Justin, Joe, and Jason come running out.
"Jess!" Joe says sitting next to me.
"I'm going to need a ride to school. I-I don't think I can drive." I say looking up at Justin and Jason.
"What happened?" Jason asks. I was going to tell him but it felt weird. I got used to not talking to him. It's weird him being here now. I don't feel right telling him.
"Nothing. I just don't think I'm ready to drive." I lie easily. "Are you sure?" Jason asks looking at me closely.
"Positive, now Joe can I ride to school with you?" I say looking over to Joe.
"Sure, no problem." Joe says putting his arm around me.
"Thanks." I mumble.
"Here let me help you up." Justin says reaching out his hand. I smile and take it letting him pull me up.
"JESSICA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THEM?!" Miley yells ten minutes later as we get out of Joe's car in the parking lot.
"I was going to drive but it didn't work out." I say shrugging as she came up.
"Well, you should have called me. You can't be seen with them again." Miley says giving Joe and Justin a dirty look. Justin looks at me then ducks his head and starts walking towards school.
"Miley, shut up. Them is my brother and his friend, who is a good guy. Don't criticize cause they are unpopular, they are friends with me, that should be good enough for you." I snap at Miley then walk away catching up with Justin.
"Hey." I say to him and Joe and they both just look at me.
"What are you doing with us?" Joe says in a voice that was making fun of Miley.
"Well, Miley is wrong. Ya'll are the best people to be hanging out with. Oh and I have tryouts to do today so can ya'll wait for me to be done before we leave?" I ask and Joe nods.
"I thought those were yesterday?" Justin says confused.
"Yea but they got changed." I says and they nod. The rest of the day goes by fast, it was like those first days after Jason died in my "dream", everyone was staring and wondering why I was with Justin and Joe all day but no one said anything.
After school, I headed to cheer leading and sat behind the table. Ashley was on one side and Miley sat in the bleachers with the rest of the team. The first few girls came up and they sucked.
"Next!" Ashley screeches. It was Selena. I smile at her and nod for her to start.
"You were amazing!" I say to her when she finished.
"Really?" Selena says smiling.
"No, now leave." Ashley snaps.
"Don't leave. Ashley, she was great!" I say looking at Ashley like she was crazy.
"She's unpopular." Ashley says rolling her eyes.
"So, she great." I say standing up and going to Selena.
"You made the squad." I tell her.
"No she didn't." Miley says coming over and standing next to Ashley.
"Yes, she did. I'm captain. Cheer leading tryouts are over. Selena made the squad. End of story." I say.
"No, she didn't!" Ashley snaps.
"Oh yes she did. Now I would shut up before you says something you regret and I tell Jason you are cheating on him." I snap.
"Like you can do anything to me. And who cares if I'm cheating. I'm going to dump the sorry guy soon anyways." Ashley says shrugging.
"Bitch." I snap then the next thing I know is my fist is connecting with her face. Then I'm walking away.
I head to the parking lot , aware of footsteps behind me. I stop and turn around slowly to see Miley running up to catch up with me.
"What was that? You can't hit Ashley like that!" Miley says throwing her arms up.
"I just did. Now don't bug me about it unless you would like to get hit too." I snap turning around.
"Like you would hit your best friend." Miley says.
"You are not my best friend." I say slowly turning around.
"Sure I am. Who else do you have? Those losers Joe and Justin?" Miley snaps laughing.
"Shut up, Miley, I warning you." I say quietly.
"Sure you are." Miley says still laughing and my hands clench.
I pull back and my fist hits her face.
"I told you to stop." I growl walking away. I heard footsteps again and I turned around quickly ready to snap at whoever it was. It was Selena.
"Hey, I saw what happened with you and Miley." Selena says falling into step with me as I walk.
"Yea so." I say rolling my eyes.
"Well, isn't she like your best friend?" Selena asks.
"Not anymore." I say. I don't get why I was being so short with her. This is what I wanted. I wanted to be friend with her not with Miley or Ashley. I was getting my life back, it was just happening a bit different than planned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please. :)) Please.