Dose of Love for Our Vengeance.

Emergency Room.

In the emergency room lies a limp body of a woman dressed in blood-soaked white gown. Five doctors were surrounding her, struggling to save her. The whole room was only lit by a dim yellow spot light pointed at the bare chest of the woman where a bullet punched its way through.

The ragged hole the bullet left was three inches below her collarbone, striking her heart. Blood was everywhere. The plastic lining that was placed above the operating table was dripping with crimson red.

She breathed slowly, dragging life. The quick beeping of the heart monitor stated to decrease in a rhythm. It beeped, slower than the last one. It beeped slowly, until it remained in a long, high-pitched screech. The surgeons took their gloves and mask off, four of them left. The fifth one, after removing the mask revealed a mature face of a female, wrapped in a miserable expression. Her hair was tightly pulled into a bun though some strands of hair escaped and hung lightly on her face. Her cheekbone was prominent. Lines that marked her age were screaming around her eyes and lips, which were curved in dismay.

She stared at the lifeless body of a young woman. Through the tears, blood and makeup smeared on her face she, no doubt is beautiful. Her pale face, rested peacefully without any worries and misery for what had just occurred. Her full lips were flat, that looked like a line across her face. Flaming red hair framed her round and baby-like face, that glowed like blazing fire upon the gaze of the spot light.

She looks very peaceful. Like she was just sleeping—though wretchedly—she’ll never wake up again. Shaking her head gradually and sighing, she pulled the white sheet—which was blotched with blood—covering the lifeless body of the exquisite, young woman.

* * *

In the bitter night of December, a couple was walking from a luxurious looking restaurant toward a Silver Volvo, parked alone on the left corner of the parking lot. They ambled slowly, holding each other’s hand in a warm grasp. Cold air blew against their body, sending shivers down their spine.

Gerard, a handsome male that looked like an 18th century theater actor, wrapped his arms around Elizabeth to keep her warm. His coal black hair that was set in casual disarray swayed along with the chilly air. His body was lanky though not bulky, stride next to her.

Elizabeth, a pale young woman with flaming red hair that fell straight up to her shoulder, crouched her form and hugged James tightly. She has a heart-shaped face, full lips, and straight eyebrows that were curved due to the icy night.

The wind blew harsh for a very short moment then it came back to its silent blow. Numbness slowly crept upon her cheeks, and she started to shiver. She looked up to Gerard, he gazed into her deep baby blues and smiled. Gerard’ smile was crooked but sweet, his gorgeous hazel eyes also bent to a soft wink.

“Its cold…let’s hurry up.” Elizabeth mumbled as they paced. Gerard leaned closer to her, keeping her warm.

“I should have parked it closer.” He smiled.

The night was silent except from the minority of cars that passed by and gave a screeching sound of the tires against the wet pavement. Elizabeth and Gerard were ten feet away from the car when unpleasant streams of profanities and arguing filled their ears.

From the other side of the road, a man stumble as three—though far—massive looking men ran after him. He gazed upon his shoulders once in a while to check if he’d lost the men that were chasing him. At his last gaze, he stumbled and fell flat on his face. The three men stopped quickly, gathered around him and what it looks like, started kicking and bashing the poor man.

A gunshot ripped into the hushed night.

Upon the sight, the couple was speechless. Elizabeth tried screaming but Gerard wrapped his hand around her mouth, muffling her scream. They stood there, horrified with what had just occurred.

Elizabeth nodded as Gerard whispered “Don’t make a sound.” on her ear.

The second man of the three looked around, searching for witnesses. His eyes went left to right, twice and froze at the sight of Gerard and Elizabeth, standing a few meters from where they were. He gestured toward the two more men that he was with, without a remark the three enormous men, paced quickly—though not running—to where the couple was standing.

“Gerard! They’re coming for us.”

Gerard, without a word, pulled Elizabeth by her wrist and started dragging her to the car. They stood in front of the door, horrified. Gerard was shaking as he searched his pocket for the car keys. He whispered strings of profanities as he searched his pocket.

“Where’s the key?”

“I don’t know. I…I—RUN! ”

Gerard and Elizabeth ran as fast as they could but the thick snow around the parking lot made it hard for their escape. Elizabeth stumbled and fell for a couple of times but Gerard pulled her quickly without any effort.

The men broke into a run quickly chasing up with the couple. Two gunshots roared and James fell on the cold floor covered with snow.

“No. NO GERARD! Don’t leave me. Please! I can’t do it alone. I love you. Gerard! ” Elizabeth fell on her knees and crawled next to Gerard. Tears flowed from her picturesque baby blues. His eyes were wide open as well as his mouth. The snow-covered floor underneath Gerard’s head was soaked in blood. Elizabeth rested her head on his chest, her sobbing gradually increases.

“Why tonight? Why did this happen? Why now?” She whispered on his chest. As one of the men reached where Elizabeth was at, he pointed the gun to her. Elizabeth looked up and came face to face with the lips of the gun aimed a few inches away from her forehead.

“Going to kill me? Kill me then,” Elizabeth screamed. “You killed Gerard, you took my life away. Why not just make it easier for me?” Fury and hate were playing on her voice as the man pointed his gun lower.

The man spoke with a very unpleasant accent. “Ya don’t need to ask for it, princess. Imma’ shoot ya anyways.”

Elizabeth closed her eyes and another gunshot ruptured the silent night.

She fell next to Gerard and little by little she moved her hand until it reached his, she grasp it as tight as she could sobbing silently as she coughed with blood. The men who just committed three brutal massacres ran away leaving Gerard and Elizabeth bathing in their own pool of blood.

“I lost my fear of falling...I will be with you.” Elizabeth choked.

x

I think I should know whether I am wasting my time writing this story. Please comment if you want me to continue or not.
And yes, I am a comment whore.

ily ♥