The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

This Air Smells Like Wine.

The fact that Oli was coming back in a week made my days last longer than they were supposed to. Connor was starting to turn in my stomach, so every now and again you could see little feet prints appear through my skin. It freaked everyone out, especially Caity, who said it looked like I was a victim of Alien.

Oliver had been calling me less this month, seemingly because they had jam packed their schedule to make up for the extra month that they had taken off of the tour. When he did call me, he was sleepy, or I was usually at the doctor’s office.

I’d been experiencing false contractions, and thought I was going into labor once this week. We made it all the way to the hospital at 3 o’clock in the morning, had Oli nearly crying in hysterics, and Connor was nowhere in sight. I felt absolutely awful, simply because Oli felt so useless. It hit me like a brick when he called me and started crying, apologizing for not being able to be there for me when I needed him most.

Personally, I didn’t know Oli even cried.

[-Oli-]

“So, you’ve been asked this question before, but I’ve got to ask you again: Is there a lucky lady you’re not telling us about?”

I’d forgotten her name, but she had a gleam in her eyes – one that screamed: Say no!

I just smiled.

“There might be, but that’s a little personal. Could we ta –“

“Oh, come on. There has to be someone that you’ve been keeping from us. You can tell me,” she said with a wink.

I laughed, wiping my face. “Oh, man. You know what? I’m done with this interview. Have a nice day.”

“Wait!” She ran after me, pen and paper in hand. “Could you at least say ‘Yes’ or ‘No’? My job depends on this and I would really appreciate an answer – you don’t even have to say a name!”

Her job depends on this? Seriously? People are so pathetic.

“Yes, there is someone.”

I mumbled it, and walked away, not even wanting to see the look on her face. It probably wasn’t a very happy one, or she was just relieved to have her job still. Either way, I wasn’t happy finally answering that question. I was hoping to keep Anna, Connor and I out of the spotlight for at least a while. Hopefully they’ll just back off anyways.

Spotting the bus, I sighed. House but not home seemed to come to mind. But what was home?

Anywhere that Anna lived – that was home.

I smiled to myself, the thought of Anna running rampant on my mind. I was going to see her in a week, and it was going to be the sweetest, most wonderful thing on this Earth. That smell she had – apple cinnamon and wine. The thought of her beautiful blonde hair, brown eyes, porcelain skin made me crave her touch so helplessly. I missed her more than anything.

I closed my eyes, massaged my temples, and stepped onto the bus. Curtis sat on the couch, looking at me, expecting me to dish out all of my thoughts, though he already knew.

“You decide on a name yet, man?”

I smiled and gave him a guilty look. I wanted to tell him – I should have already time him; he’s my best friend – but Anna and I promised that we’d keep it a surprise. Hell, she probably already told someone.

I sighed. “Yeah, we have.”

“What?”

“Connor Anthony Sykes.”

He nodded a smile on his face. “Has a nice ring to it.” His smile became more curious, though. “Speaking of rings…”

“I don’t know yet. We’ll just have to wait and see. I want to talk to her about it before I think about it at all. I want to know how she feels, too. I don’t think we’re in any rush, honestly.”

Honestly, I was in quite a rush.

“Whatever you say, Casanova,” he mumbled. “Go take a nap. We’re off to Chicago in an hour.”

Chicago?” I groaned. “I don’t have enough energy for Chicago!

“Then fucking sleep, you twat!”

Mocking him, I climbed into my bunk, silently counting down the days until I got to see Anna again.

Seven. Seven days.
♠ ♠ ♠
long wait, long days.
failing ap american history.
fuck.