The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

Our Parents Had Cigarettes, Wedding Bands.

I stood in the airport terminal, wringing my hands as I waited. I was so nervous to see him I couldn’t even fathom what it was going to be like. I was somehow sweating in the cool February air. The scarf that my mom had sent me for Christmas was wrapped loosely around my neck – the only thing really keeping me from freezing.

Erin was standing next to me with Casey look around in her arms. She was such an active child; all she had done since we got here was stare in amazement at everything, which she does when we go anywhere.

“Is that him?” I asked Erin, looking through a crowd of people, tingles running through my body.

Erin looked, squinting her eyes, then shook her head. “No, honey, it’s not him.”

I sighed. “Oh.”

She smiled, ran her hand across my back gently, and said, “I’m sure he’ll be here soon. They’re probably just getting their luggage.”

“Mmmm,” Casey gargled around her fist, a wondrous look on her face. I laughed and she scrunched up her nose, attempting a smile around her curled up fingers.

She was such a joy.

“Oh, there they are!” Erin shouted, pointing to my right.

I turned to see Oli walking towards me, a smile on his face – it wasn’t just the smile, though, it was the look of relief on his face that was so evident. His eyes stayed on my face for only so long, though, before they traveled down to my huge stomach. His face lit up at the sight, and he bit his lip upon reaching me.

“Oh, God – Anna you look amazing!”

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, taking in that menthol and hairspray smell. It was so pungent and; I loved it.

“I missed you, Oli,” I sighed into his messy hair, a smile on my face.

“I missed y—holy shit! What the hell was that?”

Oli jumped with his heart over his hand.

I laughed, trying not to embarrass him the best I could. “Oli, honey, that was the baby.”

His freaked out expression was quickly gone from his face and he sighed. “Oh. Fuck, I feel dumb,” he laughed, enveloping me in another hug.

“You know,” a voice started, “We missed her too, man.”

I giggled as Oli let go of me and the guys took turns giving me hugs. Curtis was last, and the longest. I definitely missed him just about as much as Oli – I loved the kid.

“I missed all!” I sighed out, finally feeling content with everything.

They all smiled and returned my graces as we walked to the van waiting out front. My mom was sitting in the driver’s seat, a smile on her face as we got in the car. She had offered to wait out front and I felt bad that it took so long.

“Hey mom, sorry it took us so long.”
“Oh, it’s fine, Belle! Airports are always packed,” she smiled, looking back at all of us. “Hello boys, how was your tour?”

My mom was very familiar with tours. She was big on Woodstock and whatnot, the hippy that she was. She loved that I landed me a boy in a band.

They all sighed. “Don’t remind us!” Lee shouted, slouching into his seat with his tongue lolling out of his mouth.

“I’m definitely ready for a break,” Curtis mumbled, sighing.

They all agreed as we pulled out of the airport pick-up parking lot. I smiled, shaking my head. Then I felt a hand weasel its way into mine – I’d never felt my heart race so much in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
"We are the ever-living ghost of what once was, but no one is ever gonna love you more than I do."–band of horses.

patience is a virtue. not many more chapters. ♥