Sunshine in my Heart

Panera

The cold breeze of air conditioned air touched Mishti’s skin as she entered the Disney studio. Walking right behind Emily, she made sure she could see everything that was going on without being noticed. Emily stopped occasionally and talked to a few workers on the set where Mishti would stand there and politely smile and talk whenever needed to.

Mishti stood in awe as she let her eyes take in every single detail of the Disney studio. The entire building was huge to accommodate for the hundreds of people who worked on the technology side as well as for the actors and actresses. The sense you were in a school seemed to play out as Mishti gingerly walked around the hallway set of the high school.

Touching the cold, steel metal of the lockers, Mishti sharply turned around as Emily beckoned her to come over. Hurriedly, Mishti went and joined her best friend and followed her to wherever she was heading too. Following Emily’s lead, they rounded a corner and came to an empty hallway with doors lining each wall. Mishti assumed these were the dressing rooms for all the actors and actresses that she had heard of so many times over phone calls.

Emily walked halfway down the hall before opening a door on the left. “Come on in!” She said excitedly. Mishti stepped inside the dressing room and heard the door click shut as she walked in. She looked around the spacious room which was elegantly furnished to the way Emily had desired.

A window was on the right wall which right now had the shades pulled up so the sunlight poured into the room. Two couches facing each other were set against the wall with the window. A small desk was lined against another wall. Mishti peered closer and chuckled when she saw pictures of the both of them plastered on the bulletin board above it. Silly pictures from when they had their weekly sleepovers were placed all over the board for anyone to walk in and see. A mini fridge sat next to the desk where Mishti quickly went to and opened it in hopes of finding something to drink.

“Emily, where’s the Diet Coke?” Mishti asked as she searched for her favorite soda in the fridge.

“Did I not buy any?” Emily said as she looked over Mishti’s shoulder into the fridge. “Sorry. I’ll get you some later.”

Mishti watched Emily in shock. “You have every soda in the world in this fridge, but you didn’t buy Diet Coke?”

Emily grinned. “You’ll live. There’s a vending machine down the hall.” She pulled out a couple of dollars out of her jeans pocket and slapped them into Mishti’s hand.

“Thank you,” Mishti said gratefully. She jerked the door open and stepped outside. She was about to leave when Emily called out.

“Oh I almost forgot. I ordered us some breakfast from Panera Bread. Can you do me a favor and go pick it up. My mom is talking with the producer and I really can’t go outside without
being noticed,” Emily apologized.

Mishti shrugged. “No problem.” Emily handed her some more money and gave her directions to the Panera Bread, a two minutes walk away from the studio.

She hurried down to the vending machine and stuck the money inside for her soda. Impatiently tapping her foot, Mishti waited for the machine to spit out her beloved Diet Coke. The clunk of the soda hitting the bottom of the machine, snapped her out of her trance as she bent down to retrieve the soda.

The clickety clacks of footsteps behind her could be heard, but she didn’t bother to turn around and see who was walking behind her. Mishti was too afraid to see if it was a celebrity where she would freeze and gape at them. So she used the old ‘What you don’t know, won’t hurt you’ phrase and didn’t care to look behind her.

Mishti brushed by some technical people hooking up wires for tonight’s live taping. Making sure she didn’t knock over the expensive looking equipment, she stepped into the fresh, warm Californian air. The blazing sun hit her in the face and instantly reminded Mishti why she loved California so much. Ever since middle school, she had made plans in her head to spend her college years here in California. She despised the winter and anything to do with cold. She would rather spend her time at the beach and shopping.

Using Emily’s directions, Mishti found Panera Bread easily. The ding of the bell above the door sounded as Mishti pushed the door opened. A small line was forming near the cash register as people waited to pick up their breakfast. Sighing, Mishti went to the back of the line and took her place in line.

Glancing towards her right, Mishti found herself looking into a glass mirror. Her short jean shorts showed off her thin, long legs matched the blank tank sequined with jewels at the rim. Her toe nails were painted bright pink reflecting off the black Old Navy flip flops. Her hair was pin straight with her bangs clipped up fitting her lean face. Her makeup popped out her dark eyes, which were even more mesmerizing when she smiled her 100 watt smile.

The bored voice of the person behind the cash register brought Mishti back to the setting and she moved forward to pay for her food.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile back in the Disney studios, Emily was busy texting away on her phone with a plan forming in her head. Three texts buzzed on her phone and as she read them, she grinned knowing her friend was going to kill her later for what was going to happen.

The knocks on her door distracted her as she walked up and pulled the door open. The faces of the three Jonas Brothers, Chelsea Staub, and Nicole Anderson appeared.

“Hey guys. Come on in,” Emily welcomed leaving the door opened ajar so anyone walking down the hallway could see them.

“Hey Emily,” Kevin said tossing his phone on one of the couches and sitting down. Chelsea sat down next to him with Joe on her other side while Nick, Emily and Nicole sat on the opposite couch.

“So what’s the special occasion where you have everyone here?” Joe asked fumbling through his own phone.

“I can’t have everyone here just to hang out?” Emily asked innocently.

Nicole rolled her eyes. “Honey, you rarely have anyone in here. You have this teeny problem where you can’t have anyone in your dressing room whenever you’re working.”

Emily feigned a hurt look. “I have you guys in here now, don’t I?” She didn’t bother for them to answer the rhetorical question. “I just have something to tell you.”

Nick laughed. “See, there is a reason why you called us in here.”

Ignoring his comment, she continued talking. “My best friend is staying with me in the summer. Her name’s Mishti and she should actually be back in a couple minutes. She’s not a shy person, but I just want you guys to welcome her. Okay?”

They all shrugged. “Sure. She seems cool. Can’t wait to meet her,” Chelsea said.

Emily paused for a moment before opening her mouth again. “There’s just one thing you should know about her. She’s-.”

Oh em gee
Did you hear I’m dating a Jonas Brother?
It’s soooooo hot!


All three of the Jonas Brothers looked at Emily with a raised eyebrow as they slowly broke out into small grins.
-----------------------------------------------
Mishti strolled down the deserted hallway with the brown bag of bagels inside cursing at Emily inside her head for ordering so much food. It was just going to be the two of them, why did they need an entire two boxes full of bagels?

At least she had her stupid Diet Coke in her hand. Coming closer to Emily’s dressing room, Mishti saw the door slightly open. Pushing it all the way open, Mishti walked into the dressing room.

“Emily, why the hell did you order-.” She stopped in her tracks as she saw the entire main cast of JONAS sitting on the couches. She shifted her eyes to Emily staring at her with a huge grin on her face. “Or not. Never mind.”

Mishti quickly walked over to the small round table and dumped the bag onto the table, sighing in relief of the weight that was off her arms. She shot a smile to everyone who was there in hopes that it would cover up the butterflies that were slowly taking over her stomach. “Help yourself. There are plenty of bagels inside.”

“Thanks,” Kevin said reaching inside and pulling out a plain bagel. He dug inside and pulled out the cream and a plastic knife, and began to spread it in the inside of the bagel.

Emily glanced up from her script and came and stood next to Mishti. “Everybody this is Mishti, and Mishti, I would normally introduce you to them but I think you already know who they are,” Emily smirked.

Mishti rolled her eyes. “Thanks best friend.”

Emily laughed. “What took you so long to get here?”

“Me taking a half an hour to get two boxes of bagels is entirely your fault.” Mishti pointed to her mockingly. “I get inside and there’s a huge line from morning rush hour. And when I finally get the pick up counter, it takes me ten minutes to convince the guy that I was picking up an order for the celebrity Emily Gims.”

Emily sent her a sheepish smile. “Oops.”

“That’s why they tried to call the phone that placed the order, which you didn’t pick up by the way.” Emily slid open her Sidekick and saw the 1 missed call on her screen. “And then I realized I left my phone in your dressing room which is why I had them call it instead. But nobody picked that up either. So I had to argue with them for ten minutes to let me take it.” Mishti explained.

“Wow. You went through a lot of trouble just to get a couple dozen bagels,” Joe mumbled through the food in his mouth.

Mishti nodded and sat down next to Emily who was sitting on a comfortable looking chair. Pushing her friend aside, she squeezed herself next to Emily.

“So Emily told us you’re staying here for the entire summer?” Chelsea asked brightly.

“Yeah I am. Both my brother and I are staying with Emily’s family for the whole summer. It beats staying in my boring city for three months doing nothing but sitting in front of my laptop.”

Chelsea laughed. “California does sound more fun.”

“How long have you guys been friends?” Nicole asked taking a sip of her own Sprite.

Nick’s POV

Chatter could be heard all around Nick as he laid his back against the soft couch in Emily’s dressing room. He could hear his brothers talking with the other girls about one of Emily’s friends. Absent mindedly, he shuffled through his BlackBerry in hopes of finding something to amuse him till this so called friend of Emily’s came in.

It wasn’t like he was a cold hearted person. It was just the fact that he had had some plans before Emily had invited his brothers and himself to hang out before work today. Nick was a type of person that if he had his mind set on one thing, he was determined to accomplish it.

After prodding from his brothers to join them, Nick had wearily agreed to go with them.
Nick looked up and tried to reach himself back into the conversation that was taking place in front of him. “I have you guys in here now, don’t I?” She didn’t bother for them to answer the rhetorical question. “I just have something to tell you.”

Nick laughed. “See, there is a reason why you called us in here.”

Ignoring his comment, she continued talking. “My best friend is staying with me in the summer. Her name’s Mishti and she should actually be back in a couple minutes. She’s not a shy person, but I just want you guys to welcome her. Okay?”

They all shrugged. “Sure. She seems cool. Can’t wait to meet her,” Chelsea said.

Emily paused for a moment before opening her mouth again. “There’s just one thing you should know about her. She’s-.”

Oh em gee
Did you hear I’m dating a Jonas Brother?
It’s soooooo hot!


Nick had to smile at that. Apparently this Mishti girl was a fan. Nick didn’t mind, but he honestly hoped that she wouldn’t freak out like how most fan girls did when they met him and his brothers.

The shoving of the door to the room startled him into looking up and seeing a tall girl mumbling something to Emily with her back turned while closing the door. Two big bags were in her hands and Nick could tell she was struggling with grasping them. Nick was about to get up and help her with them, before she turned around and he felt like he couldn’t move.

His eyes fixed on the girl in front of him. The first thing he noticed about her was her eyes. They were utterly breathtaking as her dark eyes seemed to pop out from the dark makeup she wore to contrast her skin tone. Nick’s eyes slowly traveled down her body as he marveled at her long legs and thin figure.

Nick snapped out of his trance and watched Emily introduce her. A smile radiated on his
face as Mishti laughed along with her best friend. Her smile and laugh were very catching as her pretty face continued light up the room. He didn’t even know this girl, but Nick was determined to very, very soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I'm so glad so many people are reading this story!
If you aren't subscribed, do so!

This chapter came out different than I thought it would. But this has been the scene that's been on my mind forever for some reason lol. I'm really excited for this story haha.

Who else adores this background?

Leave comments!
Love,
Kodhai <3