Sequel: About A Girl
Status: Hey kids! I've written all I can with this story. I loved it but it wasn't really going anywhere. HOWEVER!!! I did rewrite the story in treatment for in a new 'light'. If you're interested in reading that :)

It's Not All About You, Luke

That Morning

"There you are Elly, I was about to send out a search party!" Said my mother. She was standing at the kitchen bench, apron on cutting up the roast pork for dinner.

"Hey. Why are you home so early? Is something wrong?" This wasn't like her at all. For one, she never cut the meat; that was dads job. Dad was zombafied on the couch watching the Channel Two news.

"No, why would there be?"

"You're cutting the meat mother."

"So i am." She said. I guess she just realised what she was doing. "I just wanted to spend a little bit more time with my family, is there a problem with that?"

"No." i said as i started to walk off.

"Don't go yet. There's some ironing there for you to take upstairs, and put it away this time."

"Yes mum." As i made my way up the stairs it occurred to me that she was extra happy, when mum comes home from work she's always flustered running around mad. The doctor told her to stop stressing it's bad for her blood pressure; but she doesn't listen. She never listens.

I opened my door, dumped the clothes on my bed, walked over to my CD player and put on The Living End's latest album. I loved those guys, they always seemed to make me feel better when i was upset and calm me down. I opened my wardrobe and put my clothes away then laid on my queen size bed listening to the music, the chorus of my favourite track running through my head:

I'd rather risk my fate
Then lose my faith
The lovin', the hatin'
The constant debatin’
The chaos that comes
Raise The Alarm


* * *

Spit - it out, All you wanna do is drag me down, All I wanna do is stamp you out

"Mmmmm" I grumbled as i rolled over and hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. 7:32am great. I stumbled out of bed and put on my uniform; summer dress, jumper, knee high socks and leather shoes. As i wondered down the stares rubbing my eyes i saw Luke sitting there eating Vegemite on toast.

"Morning." He said with a mouthful.

"Yeah.." I went to the fridge and poured myself a glass of apple and blackcurrant juice and put a piece of toast in the toaster.

"You look dead mate."

"I didn't exactly get 8 hours of sleep."

"Why? You loser."

"Cause i was wondering about mum." I said, spreading honey on my toast. I sat down next to him at the table and started to eat, but i didn't feel hungry anymore. "why are you so happy?"

"Cause i only have two classes today. I'm going to see Underworld 3 with Alisa at lunch."

"Oh. So i guess that means your not going to be home after school?"

"No, that means your not coming directly home after school." he said staring me down.

"Whatever man."

See, that's what he's like. He has spears so he can leave school early. Then he expects to have the house to himself after school...as if. It's my house too, but i guess i could do something...maybe I'll tell dad not to pick me up and I'll walk home.