Status: Finished!

Thinking of You

Epilogue

"So how have you been doing really?" Val asked as we all sat around her and Matt's backyard.

"I couldn't be better." I replied honestly.

It had been five years since the day zacky told me what I needed to hear, five years since him and Gena got married, and five years since I moved on and found someone of my own.

It was rough for the first few months until I got used to the idea of them being together and finally met someone that was worth my time. He was amazing, honest, and didn't care about my past or my problems, he just wanted me. And honestly for the first time in a long time, I was happy.

"I know what you mean." She sighed. Her and Matt had twins about three years ago. They were so cute. The boy looked like a miniature Matt, while the girl had an equal mix. She would definitely be a heart breaker.

"I guess I just find it funny that I was always trying to hold on to someone I was never supposed to be with. And now I have an amazing husband and beautiful daughter, so really I gained more than I lost." It was honestly how I saw it. I may have lost that part of Zacky, but I gained someone new, someone different.

"I don't know how both of you could stand being pregnant." Michelle huffed. The poor girl was eight months and made sure we all remembered. I felt bad for Brian at times, he was usually out at three in the morning trying to buy food for her.

"I loved it, it was amazing to feel her kick, or to get what I wanted so Dan wouldn't freak out." I replied.

Yeah, I ended up with Dan. I find it amusing that we didn't realize sooner we were meant to be together. Even though he did hurt me, we both took some time to ourselves before we really became committed. And I haven't been happier. The guys weren't to happy for awhile, but in reality they liked the idea better than me ending up with someone they really didn't know.

"I'll agree with you there." Both said at the same time. I just laughed at them and focused on my daughter playing with Sierra, Zacky and Gena's daughter. They were exactly three years apart, my daughter Leila being born the week before Sierra's third birthday.

"Hey babe, you having fun yet?" Dan asked me. I smiled at him as he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my temple before chuckling at what I was staring at. She looked mostly like me, except she had Dan's eyes. She was running away from Zacky who kept lurching at her and Sierra, causing the two to giggle and squeal as they ran away. I was glad that I had her, she made everything that happened worth it.

"I am, but I think that Leila is having more fun." I replied. I felt him nod against my shoulder and sigh slightly.

"They are so adorable to watch together." Gena said walking up to me. I smiled at her and looked at the bump she was sporting, her being six months pregnant.

"Yeah they are. Is Sierra staying at our house tonight?" I asked her. She said yes and went to sit where everyone else was.

I walked over to where Zacky was now standing alone looking at the kids running around playing. He still looked the same for someone who was in his thirties, much like I was but he was aging rather well. He had added a couple more tattoos over the years, and still had his lip rings. I loved watching him with the kids, he was beyond a natural. And yes, I still wondered from time to time what it would have been like had we got together, but I don't dwell on it.

"Those kids wear me out sometimes." Zacky panted as I walked up to him. I just rolled my eyes since it was his fault for letting them chase him.

"Lay off the smokes hun and maybe it wouldn't affect you so much." I replied.

"Hey, I've cut way down since I had Sierra. And besides its good exercise." He huffed.

"Keep telling yourself that." I smirked. He rolled his eyes and ushered me over to were two chairs were sitting. Once we were sitting down, I could tell it was going to be serious.

"Can I ask you a question that's been on my mind for years." Zacky started. I just nodded my head and looked at him.

"Do you ever think of what would have happened had we got together?" I let the breath out I was holding, this was something that I had done.

"Yes I do. But then I realize that we were never supposed to be more than what we are. Look at us Zack, we both have kids now and are with wonderful people. Yes, I used to believe that we were supposed to end up together, but I think was the life we were always supposed to have." I relied.

"I guess your right. I just always wanted to be with you, but it was like something kept telling me it wasn't right. I guess we ended up the way we were supposed to be." He replied.

"Agreed babe. Sierra's staying with us tonight I guess. Leila loves to play with her even though they have a huge age gap between them." I replied.

"Sierra loves her to pieces, shes always bugging the hell out of us wondering when she can go over and play with Leila." Zacky chuckled.

"She loves the company." I saw her running over to us, so I knew to cut the conversation.

"Mommy! Uncle Zacky!" She squealed as she jumped on me. We both laughed at the amount of energy she had.

"Yes baby girl?" I questioned.

"Sierra stay?" I chuckled and nodded my head, seeing that as a Good answer she hugged Zacky and ran back over to her to tell her the news.

"I wouldn't trade this for anything." Zacky stated.

"Ditto." I replied.

Yes, I had imagined me with Zacky raising our kids and still traveling the world. But that wasn't the way that our lives were supposed to go. I ended up with someone who is amazing and perfect for me. I had my ups and downs throughout the years, and Zacky was there. He helped me realize that I could get out of the situation I had been stuck in.

The guys and girls helped to, lending me their support and guidance. I loved my life, my husband and my daughter and honestly couldn't have asked for anything better. Life was great and I didn't see anything destroying that. And I would keep going because I learned that the greatest things in life come out of nowhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you have it, the end. I had from the beginning knew how this story would turn out, but I had a hard time getting there. Thank you to all that read, subscribed and commented. It means alot to me that you stuck through this with me.

And if you want to check out my Syn Gates stories and my Matt Baker.

I was thinking of re-vamping this story would anyone be interested?