Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 2: Flighty Experiences

Chapter 2 ;Flighty Experiences

"Please fasten your seatbelts passengers, we are going through some turbulence." said an all nose stewardess over the loud speaker. Her continuous voice gave me the worst migraine. I rubbed my temple as the stiff plastic arm rests pushed against my legs. The stuffy smell of the cabin forced me to acknowledge where I was.
“What a way to wake up.” I thought. I looked at my watch, “Oh great I only slept for a half hour. And how long I had tried!”
The plane was so noisy, business people conferencing, babies crying, and kids asking incessantly "Are we there yet?" The in flight movie was some stupid and cheesy romance that no one bothered to watch. My father reminded me about the announcement and said once again that he was sorry and that he was sure I would love Forks, no sun! I did hate the sun. His light blue eyes showed only concern and love for me, I hated to be mad at him. He had always been the one to run to, he had that loving bed side manner. My mother was the more strict type of person my personality readily clashed with.
I had just fastened my seatbelt when we hit the turbulence. My seat rose up and down and the plane shook a little bit. Two rows in front of me someone cried and a few back someone threw up. Turbulence. That's a fantastic word to describe my life now. Taken up from my comfortable home in Pennsylvania to live in the cold place of Forks, Washington.
“Was even is this place?” I thought “Is it even on the map?”
I thought of all my friends left back in PA and all our great memories of the past, swimming lessons, violin and piano lessons. I couldn’t help but laugh at out lame jam sessions of our “band”. Eating whipped cream out of the can, screaming on our first day of school when we had the same classes or not, boy chasing, dating, dumping. Love, our sister hood… all these things I dreamed of as I drifted off to sleep.

We did land. Apparently Fork is on the map. Somewhere. Some often over looked blot near Canada on the Olympic peninsula, the land of no sun and plenty of rain, at least I was happy about the former.
We got off in this little place called Port Angeles. I could barely call it a town. It was so SMALL! There was a little touristy board walk with some assorted restaurants and one main department store; it didn’t even have a mall! Where would I buy CD’s? We hopped on a little bus that took up to our house where the movers had already taken our stuff.
The house was a little bigger than the one back home which surprised me, all the houses we had passed on the way in had been small almost log cabin like structure. This house had a steady cobble stone outside and a large wooden, looked like oak, door. I could see the large window that my parents had promised me would be in my room. When we got there I saw three cars in the driveway. I noticed the car my mother had picked out and the one my dad did but three? It couldn't be mine? I never had a car back home. We couldn't afford one.
"Whose car is this?" I asked my mother "Did someone come to visit already?"
"Well that's your car dear, don't you like it?" Said my mom with a smirk
"Really?!" I shrieked "My own car? Like it, I LOVE IT!"
I rushed over to it. It was a black Saturn with leather interior. Very chic. All it needed were some stickers on the glass, easily fixed. At least I wouldn’t have to walk to school.
"We thought you deserved one." added my Dad. "In leaving your friends and the old neighborhood and such. Besides with my raise I get from moving here we have way more money than we did back home."

"Thank you so Much mommy, daddy!" I said
"You are welcome. Now, it’s late. You have school tomorrow. I do not want you to be late.”
"Goodnight love." said my parents.

Yeah! Car! BOOOOOOOOO School. I hated school; people calling me a freak, becoming a social outcast again, and the horrible introductions!!!!!

This night I sleep surrounded by boxes as the hard rain fell down on the roof. Tomorrow School.