Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 3: School my bane

Chapter Three ;School my bane.

'This is Halloween! This is Halloween! Halloween Halloween!' Rang my Nightmare before Christmas Alarm clock
"Shut the heck up Jack" I mumbled as I started remembering where I was.
"Winifred! Get up and dresses you have school!!!!!" Shouted my mom up the stairs.
"Crap!!!!!" I yelled and yanked myself up. I was NOT looking forward to this.
I got up anyway and took a quick shower. I dried my thick dark hair while brushing my teeth. I walked into my room throwing my BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE pjs on the floor.
I walked to my newly stocked closet and pulled out my black and purple chained TRIPP pants and a grey Skelenanimals T-shirt with purple yellow and green lightning bolts. As a pulled on my grey and black striped converse I heard my mom yell up "Hurry UP!!"
Quickly I brushed my hair grabbed my jacket (it's always cold here) and my keys and ran into the rain. My new car purred to life as it mostly slid down the rough local roads. Around the bend I saw a group of brick-colored buildings that looked more like a group of row homes that a High school, but sure enough the sigh that I saw as soon I was clear of the tress said “Forks High School”
"So this is it" I mumbled. “My new hell. Hello hell!" I said as I parked my new car. "Forks High school whippy!" I begrudgingly left the safety and warmth of the car and trudged out into the ever-pouring rain.
I walked up to the first building I saw that was labeled school office and saw a big lady with red hair and a blue T-shirt staring at me.
"Hello there" she said staring at my clothing, not like that was anything new.
“Here it goes again.” I thought this quaint little town. That they have only culture is rain, trees, and hikers. Do they even listen to music?
“Hello, I am Winifred Maxwell. I'm a new student" obviously.
"Oh. Miss Maxwell. Here are your class schedule and your map. You first class is Literature in building 3." she said, glancing to her right.
"Well thank you." I said and I stepped back to leave "I'll be on my way."

Literature. One of my favorite classes. I loved to read. There was something about reading which enables a person to leave themselves and to become a part of something else, books are like a distant land. I absolutely adored entering these lands especially the classics that I enjoyed so much like Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Shirley, The Picture of Dorian Grey, Macbeth and such.
As I entered the class room I was met with curious stares and whispers. But then again, what did I expect?
Applause? Clearly they didn’t get much new here and looking like I did just made me even more of a novelty. At least none of their stares were outright mean or violent.
I went up to my teacher a Mr. Blackmer and he gave me a seat and some notes. A syllabus, class rules, what to read. I had already read all of these. I even owned them all.
"May I bring my own copy?" I asked him
"Which one have you read already?"
"All of them. I have them on my bookshelf." I answered
"Your school already taught them?"
"No I read them for fun." I responded raising a single eyebrow
The teacher gave me a queer look and walked up to the front of the class and began to teach. As if anyone was paying attention. They all were staring at me.
As I took my seat I heard People whispering "Ask her her name!"
"No, do it yourself"
"ewww she's a freak!"
A freak already. So fun! My mood visibly darkened.
One kid, clearly a Jock, probably on account of his friends asked "What's you name?"
"Winifred" I responded as kindly as I could
"Winifred?" I girl across the room said. "What a freaky name for a freaky person!"

RING!!!!! Rang the bell, off to my next class. Art SWEET!!! My favorite class.
As I waked in the room I got just as many stares. I gave my name to Mrs. Lark and took the seat she assigned me. I drew absent mindedly on my folder, my outlook was not good.
I felt a stare on my back. I looked to my right and saw a boy looking at me. A boy. Not really the right word. More like a god. He had beautiful golden blonde hair and a stunning build to his body but he still somehow remained thin and smoldering topaz eyes. Those burning eyes were looking curiously at me in a sort of hungry way.
"What's your name?" he asked suddenly out of the blue. At first I was embarrassed I was caught staring then I was happy he acknowledged me.
"Winifred" I said "But you can call me Fred"
"Fred" he laughed. His laugh melted the air me so beautiful, like his body, pure gold
"A most unusual name, I haven’t heard it in a while, my name is Jasper, Jasper Hale."
At this he shook my hand and his was hard and cold. It sent shivers up my arm. But they weren't from the cold.
Quickly he took his hand back as if stung and looked away as if he suddenly remembered what he was doing was wrong or not allowed.. Though, throughout the class I saw his eyes turn to me with a curious gaze.
I didn’t know how I could so suddenly be taken by this man, so unexplainably want to be near him, to see him. It made no sense.

Wow. Jasper Hale. He didn’t seem to belong any more than I did, though he was marginally more beautiful. Maybe Forks isn't so bad after all. Well, if I can get him to talk again. Otherwise, if he ignores my existence, this place just became more unbearable.