Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 20: Tea and Crumpets

Chapter 20: Tea and Crumpets

“Do I really need all this stuff?” I asked. Alice had come over to my house and had been stuffing clothes and accessories into luggage bags all morning, she has filled my three large luggage bags and is still going, using an extra bag she brought.
“Of Course!” she complained “Do you want only one change of clothes per day?!” she said that as if that was crazy.
“Uh, yeah.” I said “Why would I change more than once?”
She stared at me, sighed and continued to stuff my second pair of boots into the bag.
“I guess that’s all.” Alice said standing next to me with her small hands on her almost non-existing hips.
“All?” I asked. I was looking at four very large luggage bags on top of my bed and a nearly empty closet. “Where will we put the things we buy?”
“We’re bringing extra bags and, some stores will ship for us.”
“Oh,” I muttered
“We’ll pick you up at 3 o’ clock in the afternoon tomorrow.” Said Alice pointing a finger at me. “Be ready! The plane flies at four and we need to get through luggage and all of that.”
“I will.” I said grabbing Alice’s shoulder “Don’t worry.”
“Mom! Where are my shoes?” I shouted running around the house. Luggage at the door, hair and make-up done clothes…” I mentally checked off everything in my head. I looked at the clock. “Oh, no” I whispered as the seconds ticked. ‘Tick, tick, tick,’ 3o’clock.
I heard the door bell ring. I walked to the door. “Hi, Alice.” I whispered
“Shoes?” she asked looking at my feet.
“Ummm…” I looked away
She gave a dainty sigh and headed into the house. She passed my mom, greeted her and came back with my sneakers.
“Here.” She said
“Thanks.”
“Let’s go!” she said “You’re riding with me!”
I walked over to her yellow car and Jasper was there, holding open the door for me.
“Hi.” I whispered smiling
“Hello.” He leaned down and pecked me on the lips.
I continued to smile as I slid into the car and we drove to Port Angeles Airport.
As soon as we were there (which wasn’t long with that speed.) Alice ushered me into the airport and asked for my first ticket.
“Port Angeles to London, England stopping in Chicago.” She held her hand out.
“Here we go.” I said getting the ticket out of my purse.
Rosalie, Alice, and I walked up to where the boys were checking in the luggage being overlooked by Esme and where Bella was waiting with Edward.
“Good afternoon Bella.” I said hugging her. She smiled and hugged me back.
“All luggage is set.” Informed Esme “We are ready to board.”
Our large group crossed the building to where passengers were loading. I couldn’t help but see the stares of all the inhabitants. Some were pointing and whispering, clearly about my boyfriend and his family.
“How rude.” I whispered
“Happens all the time.” Said Jasper who walked beside me, his arm around my waist. “You get used to it.” He flashed me a heart stopping smile.
When we had gone through the check-point and had our carry-ons x-rayed we boarded the large plane. We all sat near the middle-back. The farthest was Esme and Carlisle the, Rosalie and Emmett after that, was Bella and Edward then Jasper and I. Alice sat between Bella’s row and mine. Snapping her little head which way to talk between us.
“It’s going to be really fun.” Said Alice “You’ll love England. It was the country the city, great foreign food like east Asian in London.” “Carlisle can show us all the old spots.” She added.
I laughed.
We had a brief rest stop in Chicago where Bella and I ate before boarding the next plane that would take us to London.
I was sleeping on Jasper’s shoulder (man flying can wear you out.) when he gently tapped me and kissed my cheek. “We’re here darling.” He whispered.
And, sure enough, within thirty seconds a call came over the loud speaker.
“We are now preparing to land, please fasten your seatbelts. I repeat, please fasten your seatbelt we are preparing to land. Thank you.”
I straightened up in my seat and buckled myself in as we smoothly landed into the London airport.
We picked up our luggage and were met by two cars with drivers holding signs that said “Cullen family, U.S.A.”
“Good, they’re on time.” Said Esme “You guys might want to rest before we go out.” She said this to Bella and me.
We both nodded. We proceeded to the large Hotel the Cullen’s had booked.
“Wow.” I mouthed as I entered. Bell boys took out luggage up a special back elevator to our room.
“Cullen.” Carlisle said to the man at the counter and handed him five keys. Carlisle handed them out. Rosalie and Emmett, they headed off. Edward and Bella, gone. Alice, she left, without me. Jasper was handed a key and moved my to one of the elevators.
“I’m not in Alice’s room?” I asked
“Alice had a single.” Jasper said.
“So we have a double.” I confirmed
“No.” he almost laughed. I looked up to his face incredulous. He had a small smirk.
“No?” I asked “I promised my mother…”
“She’s not here.” He smiled as he opened the door to our room.
“Oh my goddess…” I whispered as I stepped into the room.
The walls were a pristine white with gold molding. All the appliances were new and overall the room was huge!
“It looks like a palace.” I whispered to a smiling Jasper standing by the door.
“You like it?” He asked shutting the door behind him entering the expansive room.
I simply nodded.
“So, does that mean you forgive me for sleeping on the bed with you?”
“You can’t sleep.” I said quickly.
“Laying on the bed as you sleep.” He clarified rolling his eyes.
“Maybe.” I said strolling over to where he stood. “On one condition.” I put up my finger.
“What?” he asked
“Don’t you dare tickle me.”
“ahh,” he said “But that gives me the idea.” I cocked his head to the side.
“No.” I reiterated firmly
“So…” he said “I can’t do this?”
He began tickling my side.
“No!” I howled laughing uncontrollably.
He smiled widely as he tickled me, moving me across the room. I fell onto the bed. I have to admit it was comfortable.
“You devil!” I shouted when he stopped
“Vampire.” He whispered over my face
“Whatever.” I said
“Not whatever.” He said with an overly shocked face. “I’m ashamed that you don’t know a difference. What are they teaching you in school these days?”
“Technically.” I said “I’ve graduated, they aren’t teaching me anything.”
“You should take a shower and go to sleep.” He said “You look tired.”
“Yes sir.” I said. I really was tired. I opened my suitcase for my pajamas and hair brush. I walked into the bathroom and took a long shower. The warm water felt good against my skin, stiff from long hours of sitting.
I towel dried my hair and brushed my teeth, washing off my make-up.
I walked into the bedroom where Jasper still was laying, a statue, a pagan god, on my bed.
“I’m here.” I said lying down next to him.
“I know.” He smiled. “No Hello Kitty?” he asked
“No.” at that moment I was thanking god for the pajama’s my mother had gotten me for my birthday, the one’s Alice had packed. They were better a dark purple silk nightgown with black lace.
“I’m not too disappointed.” Said Jasper eyeing my clothes or, lack there of.
“Hey!” I said slapping his arm which was like slapping a boulder. I turned over in the bed under the covers.
“Good night.” He whispered wrapping his arms around me.
“Good night.” I whispered back turning to kiss him.
He softly kissed me and he kissed my forehead.
I laid my head onto his chest and fell asleep.