Confessions of an Innocent House Maid

Ch.6- Day One

“You’re wearing it backwards!”

“No, I’m not!”

“Yes you are. The zipper goes in the back.” I said pointing out the obvious.

After going through three days of training as a maid, we had finally gotten our ID’s and uniforms to start work. Our uniforms were a royal blue one piece with a collar, v-neck and short sleeves. They had a narrow white strip going down each side and came with matching shoes. We each had a matching white and blue scrunchy in our hair to tie in a pony tail, since one of the rules were to never leave your hair down.

"Well what do you expect?" Nicole said staring down at herself. "These uniforms are ridiculous."

"I think the uniforms are fine. It's the id's I have an issue with." I said frowning at my picture. "I look like I have a double chin or something."

"Oh shut up. You look great. In fact..." she said giving me a flirty look. "You look kinda sexy."

"Hah! Yeah rite." I said turning down Nicole’s attempt to cheer me up.

Nicole smiled and turned around to silently ask me to zip her up. "Come on, hurry up. We're gonna be late if we don’t leave soon. It's a forty five minute drive."

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked.

"You know where Queens is?"

"No."

"Well then no matter what I say, you won’t get it anyways."

"Good point." I tapped Nicole’s shoulder to let her know I had finished zipping her up.

"Ok, so let's go, shall we?"

"We shall!"

Nicole and I grabbed our stuff, locked our lockers and after picking up the address and directions to our first gig, left for the car. I read the directions off to Nicole while she drove. We had never drove this far before so instead of the 45 minutes it was suppose to take us to get there, it took us a little over an hour, but we eventually found the house and it was AMAZING!!!!! I mean seriously, the house looked like a mansion. Now, it was cool and all but that only made me nervous about how much we would have to work.

"So... you ready?" Nicole asked still staring at the house.

"No way." I said doing the same.

Nicole half laughed then turned my way. "Ok so let’s go over some stuff."

"Like what?"

"I don’t know, important stuff."

"Ok, fine. Go ahead." I said waiting for her to get this out of her system.

"Ok, so rule #1, never be late." Nicole said starting off.

"Rule #2, never question the work that is given." I added in a rehearsed tone.

"Rule #3, always address everyone in the house as sir or ma'am."

"What's this guy's name again?" I asked.

"Yu-on something"

"No, I am not 'on' something" I said smiling at her pronunciation.

"Good to know" she said narrowing her eyes at me, but I could see the humor in them. "It’s Korean. What does it matter? We have to call him sir anyways."

I nodded still finding Nicole's pronunciation of 'YuHan' funny.

"Now where were we?" Nicole started again. "Oh yeah, rule #4...”

"Uh, Nicole..."

"What?"

"We're gonna be late." I said pointing at the clock.

"Right." Nicole took a deep breath, got out of the car n headed to the door with me right beside her.

When we rang the doorbell, a middle aged lady opened the door & told us to come inside. When we said we were the maids, she grabbed her coat, told us 'he'll be right down' and left, closing the door behind her.

I looked over at Nicole confused but realized that all she was doing was staring at the house. When I looked around I realized that the inside was truly amazing. Everything was gold or bronze and everything looked so luxurious. Even the ceiling was amazing. I was making my own observations when Nicole started whacking my side. When I turned to ask what was up, I saw a man, who apparently was our ‘sir’, descending the stairs.

He had straight pitch black hair, was tall and looked amazingly handsome in his gray suit. When he finally reached us, he nodded once and introduced himself. We nodded/bowed back and introduced ourselves too. Then he offered to give us a tour of the house.

We followed him as he took us though the living room, family room, kitchen and so on. As I was listening to everything he was saying, I couldn’t help but wonder why he seemed so distant. As if this was all rehearsed and he didn’t want to do it. I was suddenly so deep into thought that when he turned around and asked something I missed what he said completely.

“Huh?” asked Nicole looking up as soon as he turned our way.

“I said, ‘do you have any further questions?’” he repeated.

Both Nicole and I shook our heads.

“Very well. You are never to go into the basement or the third floor unless you are asked to. Is that understood?”

Nicole and I both nodded once. I suddenly felt like he didn’t want us here. Nicole on the other hand didn’t seem to notice at all.

“Now follow me to the elevator.” He said leading the way.

I quickly leaned over to Nicole and whispered ‘elevator?’ in question. When she didn’t answer , I followed her gaze and whispered a little louder, “Stop ogling his BUTT!!”

She broke out of her trance immediately. “I can’t help it” she whispered. “He’s so FINE!”

I shook my head at Nicole then stopped and looked up when our sir stopped walking and turned abruptly.

“This is the elevator” he said pointing at the metal door. “It goes to all four floors of the house. Please do not use it unless necessary.”

When Nicole and I nodded again he said, “The list of things for you to do is on the counter top. When you are done with everything, you may leave. There is no need to inform me.” And then he left. Nicole, of course, staring at his butt again as he walked away. At least until I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the kitchen.

I looked around for the list of jobs and after finding it, read it off. “Wash the dishes, fix up the living room and family room, clean the pool-”

“There’s a pool?!” Nicole asked perking up.

I ignored her and continued. “Wash the bed sheets and tidy up the bedrooms.”

“I shotty pool!” Nicole yelled, running off to who knows where.

“I don’t think so!” I yelled after her, getting her attention. “We’ll save that for last.”

“Aww” Nicole walked back with a pouty face.

I smiled. “Listen, why don’t you wash the dishes and clean up the living room and stuff and I’ll go upstairs and work on the bedrooms.”

“Okay.”