Sequel: Ella's New Sound
Status: In process of name changing. If you would like to continue reading, go ahead and do so. Names: Ray=Marcus Gerard=Alex Mikey=Mitch and Frank=Freddy

Mary without Sound

Chapter 4: Inhale that sweet, sweet smell

We all walked out to the van and piled in. The thought of a stranger kissing me was insane and interesting at the same time but also disgusting. We got home and started to hang out in the kitchen.
“So, how ‘bout that black out at the movies?” Mitch said with slight curiosity in his voice. I didn’t want to tell them what happened during the black out because I didn’t know what they’d think. Or let alone, do.
“Yeah, I wonder what that was about.” Al said, and I noticed he took a quick glance over at Marcus. What was that? Was something going on that I didn’t know about?
I looked down at my glass of apple juice. I took a drink and decided it was time to open the gifts from the guys. We decided that I’d open their gifts after the movies when all the commotion was over with.
We all walk up into my room, but Mitch didn’t want to be in there and decided to go home. What ever, I thought.
Marcus got me 3 presents. Aw, how sweet. A candle, candleholder and a new lighter that was black with the word DEAD written on it.
Al got me a new computer game and Freddy got me some old Halloween candy. I hugged them all and we all migrated to Marcus's room for a jam session. My parents don’t care if we play because they figured it was a good learning experience for all of us to get in touch with our creative side, so they let us play when ever and where ever as long as it isn’t interfering with school. I played drums. We only know a few songs where we don’t need Mitch, who plays base. I guess I could also play base because Mitch is just cool like that and taught me how to play but what is a band with out a drummer. The only music there is without drums is in Rap and hip-hop music where every thing’s on computers.
We only played remakes like “When I come around” by Green Day, and other songs like that.
An hour after jamming, Al decided to go home to keep Mitch out of trouble, Freddy stayed the night. We hung out in Marcus’s room and talked about things, finally I brought up what happened at the movies.
“So, someone, just, kissed…you?” Freddy leaned closer like he was hypnotized on his pillow.
Marcus tried not to sound as interested as Freddy but it’s kind of hard when you’re talking like this.
“What should I do?” I said, falling back on Marcus’s bed, next to his stuffed guitar. He used it to air guitar before he got his first, real guitar. We would put on small shows for the family with the guys before we were able to actually play and sing. I like being the only girl in the band. But we’re small and only play at the Rio Café on Fridays.
“I say you should just forget about it.” Marcus gets up and walks to his guitar.
“What are you talking about Marcus, she just got kissed by a complete stranger!” Freddy looks up.
I looked at the clock, 10:34 pm. We didn’t have school in the morning but I was really tired. Marcus started playing Iron Man.
“What should she do then genius?”
I sat up. Just realizing how stupid I was.
“I think I know who it is.” I bit my lip at the thought.
“Who do you think?” Marcus puts down the guitar and sits on the floor, trying not to sound sarcastic.
“Mitch.”
Freddy looks down at the floor, watching the dust bunnies race to hide under the bed.
“Are you sure its Mitch?” Marcus asks.
“Who else would it be? Mitch’s had a crush on me since the day I showed up at your doorstep,” I looked at Marcus who gave me a look, “Okay, the next day, sorry.”
“Well, I don’t think you should do anything.”
Freddy just stayed silent. Why didn’t he have anything to say?
“If Mitch went through all of this trouble to get my attention more then ever, than maybe I should acknowledge him, maybe I should go for it.” I stand up and stretch, then walk out the door, but before I did I notice Marcus whispering to Freddy.
I dialed Al’s number.
“Hello?” I heard Mitch’s voice answer on the other line.
“Hey Mitch, is Alex there?”
“Of course… Hey Al, MJ wants to talk to you.” He shouts. I hear the other line pick up.
“Kay Mitch, you can hang up now.” The other line hangs up and I hear Al, “Hey what’s up?”
“Alright, at the movies, during the black out, some one kissed me, and I didn’t get the chance to tell you about it. So I was sitting in Marcus’s room with Freddy and I brought up the subject and talk about it and I finally thought how dumb we were to not realize at the first moment who it was. I know who kissed me.”
“Who was it?” With the sound of his voice, I could tell he had an idea.
“Mitch.”
It was silent for about fifteen seconds until some one popped up on the line.
“Al, you have to get off the phone.” Mitch said.
“Hi Mitch, okay Al, I just need to know what to do. Just tell me out straight."
“Well, with the options you got going on, I think you should go with your gut. If you have a problem with two choices and your heart tells you to answer one answer and your brain tells you something different, I would choose the brain because it would get you into less trouble."
“Kay thanks for your help. I’ll talk to you two tomorrow. Bye guys.” I really had no idea what he just said, but I'm going to think he meant Mitch because if people knew I liked Marcus, then they would think I was sick or something.
“Bye.”
“Bye.”
I hang up the phone and started to think of me and Mitch going out. All thoughts of Marcus flew away. I knew they weren’t gone forever, but for the moment, I just wanted to think about my plan for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a while to get this one up. I'm very limited on my computer access. ^_^ Hope you like.

-Rylie