Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Brown Eyes

Ashley weaved her way through crowd after crowd of people, shoving random students aside, to try to get a better look of what they were all staring at. Apparently, according to Ron, there had been a new student transfer in this morning and, since it was after breakfast and before lunch, they had to sort him in the privacy of Dumbledore's office.
It was assumed that word spread rather quick in this school because everyone was out in the courtyard trying to get the new kids' attention. Well, mostly the girls anyway. The boys just gathered outside to try to get a better look at who the girls were falling over.

"Ashley!"

Ashley spun on her heel to come face-to-face with Luna Lovegood; that same dreamy smile sewn to her lips. "Luna? What is all this about?"

"You didn't know?" Luna giggled, swaying on her feet. "There's a new student here, today."

"I know that, but," Ashley gestured towards the hoard of people. "What is all of this about? Surely, a new student couldn't make this much of a distraction."

Luna smiled wider, shaking her head, and skipped off; mumbling something about Nargals. Luna's empty space was soon filled with Hermione. Ashley grinned quickly before pointing at the crowd, raising her eyebrows in question.

Hermione frowned. "Didn't Ron tell you? He was suppose to."

"About the new kid? Yeah, but--"

"No, not just a kid, Ashley." Hermione laughed, a faint blush creeping up on her cheeks. "His name is Brandon Keegan and he just transfered here from America."

"And?" Ashley shrugged.

A new kid wasn't really all that interesting when the school was full with other students. Why does everyone have to make such a huge deal over a new delivery?

"Ashley, weren't you listening? He's from America. He's got to be smart if he's from Heritian Academy. Most of their students are excelled in every subject." Hermione gushed, clapping her hands together in excitement. "Oh, what I wouldn't give to have a civilized conversation with him! Finally, someone on my level."

Ashley laughed, shoving Hermione's shoulder. "Sure, Herms. Only if you can keep from talking his ear off and actually let him get in a word or two."

"What? I don't talk that much, Ash."

"Yeah, you do." Ashley smiled before standing on her tip-toes, peeking over the other students heads. Seeing nothing but hair, Ashley sighed and dropped back down to her feet. "I can't see anything."

"C'mon, then." Hermione gripped Ashley's wrist, tugging her along until they were standing at the front of the group. Hermione sighed, nibbling on her lip. "See? Isn't he a sight?"

Ashley rose her eyebrows as she stared at the boy in front of her. He was standing awkwardly in the middle, clearly not liking the sudden interest of his arrival, as he shifted quickly from foot to foot. His shaggy brown hair fell in a swoop on his forehead; shielding his magnificent brown eyes from view. The emblem on his school robe was one of the Ravenclaw signature's.

"He's a Ravenclaw?" whispered Ashley, still staring at the boy.

Hermione nodded. "Looks like it. I suppose he is as smart as I expected, after all."

"Hmm... " Ashley couldn't stop staring at him. He was perfect in every way. Much more attractive than some blond dolt she knew. "I wonder if Mia knows about him, yet."

"Probably. The whole school knows."

Ashley nodded and froze as she caught the boy's eye. The boy smiled shyly at her and waved slowly as he quickly glanced out at the crowd; his eyes wide. She waved back and grinned, watching his eyes scan over the sea of people; yearning to get a better glance at the new boy.

"You think we should help him?" whispered Hermione.

"Probably should," Ashley murmured, gripping Hermione's wrist and pulling her out with her into the middle of the clearing. Ashley waved her hands in the air before clearing her throat loudly, causing most of the students to stop talking. "There's nothing to see, here, people! Just a new student; it's not like he's the new Headmaster, or something."

The crowd grumbled in annoyance as they were shewed away from the scene by Hermione and Ashley. Brandon sighed with relief as he turned to face to two girls.

"Thank you. So much," Brandon smiled. "I don't know how much longer I could've taken them staring at me."

Hermione giggled. "It's no problem. We would've wanted someone to do the same for us."

Brandon laughed, too, shoving his hands in his pockets. He removed them a second later only to hit himself on the forehead, startling the two girls. "I'm sorry." He laughed, holding out a hand. "My name is Brandon Keegan."

Hermione smiled shyly, bobbing her head. "Hermione Granger, and this is--"

"Ashley Quille." Ashley interrupted, gripping Brandon's hand tightly. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too." Brandon gave a final squeeze on Ashley's hand before turning around, hearing the signal for lunch. "We'll see each other soon, right?" He called, turning around.

Ashley smirked, nodding her head. "I'm sure we will."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so, I know this might be a boring chapter, but whatcha gonna do? It needs to be here. You won't understand yet, but you will. And sorry in advance -- I got sloppy with the name of the American school. My brain shuts off after a certain time in the day. Hope you enjoyed reading it!

Thanks for reading and, please, don't forget to comment.

xoxo - Meg.

P.S. - Who doesn't think Jared Padalecki is gorgeous? And, yes, I know -- Dumbledore is dead but, in this story, he isn't.