Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Battlefield

The next day in Potions, Ashley couldn't stop fiddling around. She couldn't get Mia off her mind, the up-and-coming dance that was just around the corner and, for some odd reason, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about Malfoy, either. But, when her hallucinations became a little too sensual for her, she just imagined herself beating him over the head with a spiked club.

"Ashley? Are you alright?" Hermione leaned over to prod her in the arm with the sharp side of her quill. She sighed, shaking her head. "You'd better start paying attention. I'm not letting you copy my notes this time."

"I'm fine, Hermi--"

"Miss Quille?" Snape smirked, edging himself into her periphial vision. "Are you socializing during my time?"

"No, Professor. I was just--"

"Excuses." He snapped. "Save them. I won't have you dodling precious Potions time down the drain. Now, either you straighten up and choose to listen during my lessons or I write you another detention slip. Hm? Which will it be, Miss Quille?"

"I-I'll listen, Professor."

"Smart." He waved his hand before taking his stand at the front of the room. A few Slytherin's began jostling about and laughing quietly while jabbing their dirty, mud encrusted thumbs in Ashley's direction.

Hermione rolled her eyes at their child-like behavior and nudged her shoulder to tear her attention away from them. But, one misbehaved Slytherin caught her eye above all the others. Draco Malfoy sat in the very back of the room, arms crossed, and the oh-so familiar smirk spread out across his lips. Even after Ashley turned around, his eyes never left her. Of course, she never knew.

"Now," Snape announced, picking up three different viles and carrying them over to his desk. "Today, we will be making a temporary lust potion."

The room broke out in excited whispers and murmurs as the instructions for the potion were written out on the blackboard. From across the room, Harry and Ron looked like they were having difficulties breathing. Neville and Seamus didn't look too much better, either.
Either, they were excited and couldn't catch their breath or they were absolutely terrified at the thought of lusting after or having a Slytherin lust after them. Hopefully, it was the latter.

"Lust potion?" Ashley whispered to Hermione, biting the bottom of her lip. She glanced around the room and sighed. The Gryffindor's had this hour with the Slytherin's which meant that Snape would either be outspokenly generous and allow them to choose their partners, or he would be his evil caniving self and pair the students up himself where the pairing would no doubt be Gryffindor/Slytherin. "This is pure evil, Herms."

"Well, look on the bright side."

"What bright side? There is no brightside."

"Then," Hermione's voice lowered as she swallowed the lump in her throat. "Prepare to be doomed."

"Maybe, Snape will surprise us all and--"

"Ashley. No. Snape would never be that generous."

"But, there has to be something good coming out of this. He can't just make us take a lust potion and... " Ashley trailed off, her eyes widening. "Hermione? Who's taking the potion? Is this even allowable?"

"I'm not sure, Ash. But, Snape doesn't seem like the type of teacher to dabble in the forbidden potions for his own sense of enjoyment. Maybe he's actually trying to teach us something."

"But... The lust potion?"

Snape cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the room. "You will be sorted off into groups of two. I will administer these groups in boy/girl pairs." Snape glanced out over the room and smirked. "Unless there be one too many of a certain gender, then that pair will have to suffer through the assignment. No exceptions."

Ashley cringed. "I'm going to get stuck with either Crabbe or Goyle. I just know it."

"You think that's bad?" Hermione frowned. "Snape's been glancing between me and Zachary Flynn all period. I'm sure I've discovered my partner."

Snape cleared his throat again to calm the disturbance, glaring evilly out at the class. "First pair - Parkinson/Potter. Next - Bullstrode/Weasley... " Ashley and Hermione watched as the remainder of the class was picked off into groups and sighed in relief when Crabbe and Goyle were called off. When there were only ten more people left in the room, that when they began to worry. "Granger/Flynn."

Hermione scowled and picked up her books, making her way to the back of the room to sit by the ashy haired boy with the horrible dandruff and acne problems. Those would seem like minor problems compared to the fact that he never bathed or brushed his teeth.
Ashley scanned the rest of the room and figured that she would either get stuck with Zabini, Flint, Weizner or... Malfoy? She could literally feel her veins freeze when her dark brown eyes met his icey blues. The way his pale blond hair sat on the top of his head, with the small tuff of hair sticking up, made his skin look like porcelain in dimly lit room. He arched one of his unkept eyebrows and smirked, nodding to the front of the room where she heard her last name being called.

"Ouille and... " Snape eyed the room before looking down to his sheet, checking something off. "Malfoy."

Ashley huffed, taking her belongings up in her arms, and made her way to the back of the room. She didn't miss the murderous stare Parkinson shot her as she fumbled with the beaker Harry was setting up. Although Ashley would have no problem admitting her hatred for the boy sitting beside her, she couldn't deny the fact that she felt dizzy when they were in close proximity. And, that bothered her.

"So," His cocky voice flooded the air, pinching her ear like a virus. "Not only are you accompanying me to a ball, but you have to be completely fascinated by me, as well. Really, Quille, can you not keep away from me?"

"We both know we had no choice, Malfoy."

"Sure," He laughed. "Or you just can't stand to be away from me."

Ashley rolled her eyes, clasping her palms together. "Oh, no. You found me out."

"I knew it." smirked Malfoy. "It was only a matter of time."

"Yeah, because I find you that irresistable."

"Don't be embarrassed, Quille." Malfoy popped the collar of his robe, stretching his arms out. "You're not the only one to feel that way about me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one day! Wow. The ball will be in two or three more chapters and the second part of the lust potion will be in the next chapter. And I didn't proof-read this chapter so excuse all errors, please. I hope you all enjoyed this!

Thanks for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg.