Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Take My Hand

"Don't?" Malfoy fumbled over his tongue, catching the scared look in Ashley's eyes. "Don't... What? What are you talking about?"

"This-" Ashley pointed between the two of them. "--We can't."

"Can't? Why the hell not?"

"You wouldn't understand," Ashley moaned, pushing past him.

Malfoy reached out to catch her arm, pulling her back into his chest; With a little too much force than what he planned. His blue eyes softened a little, confused. "Talk to me, Quille. Please."

Ashley sighed. "It's illogical to think this would have ever worked out, Malfoy. Really. I mean, think about it. You're one brand of wizard and I'm another. You're one direction and I'm the opposite. We just can't come together."

"We can. Are"

"No," Ashley bit her lip, silently damning herself for not getting this done and over with sooner. She closed her eyes quickly, trying to push back the wetness that was trying to overpower her vision. "You know just as well as I... They won't let us be together, Malfoy. Why try?"

"I'll give you one good reason why. I--"

"Let's just quit while we're ahead, eh? Give everyone a break."

"Everyone?" Malfoy exasperated. "Who the bloody hell are you talking about? No one else matters. Just you and me."

"Everything else matters, Malfoy! Everything." Ashley groaned, pushing against his strong grip with no prevail. She sighed, letting herself fail into his chest. Her back heaved with the strained and labored breaths she took. Calmed down a bit with the rhythmic stoke of his hand on her back, she gained the courage to look him in the eye. "You need to understand."

"I don't understand, Ash. I won't. You're not being rational."

"Think about it, for Merlin's sake, Draco. I'm not being rational? You aren't. They won't let us be together. No matter how much we try to keep it a secret."

"If it's just between you and me, no one can try to tear us apart. I won't let them get close."

"But--"

"No," Malfoy hushed her, straightening himself up properly. "I need to say this before anything else gets said."

"Wha--"

"Ashley," Malfoy smiled; Genuinely. "I think... I think I might." He sighed, pulling himself together quickly. "I know that we haven't always been close, but, over the past few weeks... I have developed feelings for you. And--"

"Draco?"

"--I love you, Ashley."
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the horrendous wait! I apologize. Please, don't forget to comment.

xoxo - Meg.