Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Edge Of Glory

Pasny Parkinson stood awkwardly in front of her desk, shuffling her feet and fiddling her fingers, as she watched the cream colored parchment before her, nervously. It had only two simple words etched onto it; Miss Parkinson. The ink must have been excessive because it looked as if it were dark blood oozing down the page before it dried. The parchment dipped in where the quill had pressed against it; Someone clearly was in haste to write it.
She picked up the letter and opened it. Something silver had fallen out and onto the floor. She stared at in awe, it was the most beautiful ring she had ever seen. A single emerald surrounded by diamonds on a silver band. She went to pick it up but froze when her eye caught the scribblings on the paper --

"Don't mess up. Your life depends on it."

She now knew who the letter was from and whom the ring was intended.

All of the Dark Lord's words came flooding back into her memory.

His eyes were like dark crystals; A raging black fire burned inside. "I can trust you to carry out this task, correct, Miss Parkinson?"

She nodded, too scared to say anything.

"You do understand the consequences, I presume?"

Again, she nodded.

"Very well," he smirked. "Since you brought this to my attention with such interest, I'm going to put my faith in your judgment. Immediately after this conversation you will return to that wretched school of yours and wait for a letter. That letter will be enclosed with something to help you carry out your task at hand. I want you to curse it. Curse it and leave it somewhere for this young woman to find. Do not let her become weary of it. It must look as if it came from someone she trusts. And, when she takes it... "

"My Lord?"

He laughed, cruelly. "Our little problem will be resolved."

Pansy swallowed the lump in her throat; A little more loudly than she had wanted to. She didn't want him to notice her fear, although, she was certain he could sense it, anyway. "Yes, my Lord."


___________

"I'll see you soon, Mia." Ashley called, smiling merrily as she skipped out of the Hospital Wing.

She hummed quietly to herself as a gentle smile played across her mouth. Her long brown hair bounced off of her back as she walked, swaying harmoniously to her steps. She was perfectly content. She had absolutely no doubt about Malfoy and herself, anymore. No longer would she care what her friends thought about the match.
She was happy and that's all she cared about. Her eye caught the dark shadow of a figure leaning against the wall at the end of the hallway, it's head down, facing the floor.
A rush of adrenaline surged through her veins as she made out the shadow. Her feet picked up speed and she hustled toward the figure, enveloping it in her arms when she reached it. Her warm lips touched the cold figure's cheek quickly.

"Ash," sighed Malfoy, pulling her arms from around his neck. "Not in the hallway, alright?" He watched as her smile faltered; Guilt overcoming his sense of pride. "What the hell? Come here, you little monster."

Ashley fell back into his arms, snaking hers back to their rightful place around his middle. His musky scent invaded her nostrils and she sighed into his shoulder. "Were you waiting for me?"

He laughed. "Can I not roam the halls like any other student without having a purpose to do so? Or, does everything have to revolve around you, Miss Quille?"

"Oh," she stammered, slightly embarrassed. "I was just curious. I saw you standing--"

Malfoy pressed his lips to hers, parting her lips slowly with his own. He breathed her in before pulling away, smiling softly. "I was waiting for you, Ash."

Ashley grinned. "Really? Even with people around, you waited for me?"

"I don't care about that anymore. It's a moot point, really. I'm tired of hiding in the dark and keeping you a secret. I'm ready to take all of their bullshit. If I can't proudly hold your hand throughout the day, then, what's the point of waking up? Let everyone stare. They're only jealous."

"Jealous?" she giggled. "Leave it to you to include jealously.Only the girls will be jealous, my dear."

"No," Malfoy kissed her neck, biting the skin softly. His words were muffled against her skin but she was still able to hear them. "The boys will be jealous of how beautiful and amazing my girl is. And, she's mine. Only mine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long to update this story! I've gotten really busy with school and my personal life, but I should have enough free time on my hands, now, to finish this story. Thanks for reading and, please, don't forget to comment.

xoxo --
Meg.