Her HeartNecklace is broken

We'll be out of here, as soon as we can.

The sun was setting. Clouds seemed to pile over the sun, and the blackness began.

Wednesday walked up to Charles behind the school. She clutched her wrist, as she held back tears. Faking a smile like usual, she tried to blink away her tears.
"Uh, hey.." She said her voice seemed to drift off in the silence.
"Hey babe." Charles replied, but immediately corrected himself. "Oh, sorry. I guess I shouldn't call you babe anymore, eh? I'll just call you Wednesday, again."
She nodded once. Eye contact was out of question. She couldn’t look at him. She couldn’t put herself through at torture.

The pain in her eyes, were noticeable. The slices on her wrist were covered by a black jacket, which was tight to her skin. A pale white beauty, with golden brown eyes. Her smile was so visibly forced, it was hard to view.

She took off the jacket slowly. It seemed as if it were glued to her skin. She held it over her right arm, and folded it neatly. Standing there awkwardly, she took off her promise ring and put it in Charles’s palm. The beautiful gold ring, with a gorgeous gem in the center, lay in his palm. The engraved side, “Forever.” was worn away, almost completely. She handed him the black jacket, and tried not to stare at his bright blue eyes. His brown hair seemed to flip out of his eyes, as he smiled slightly. His creamy skin, so flawless. At that moment, pain overcame Wednesday, as she wiped away a tear.

“I’m really sorry, Wed. You’re a sweetheart really, you-” Charles said, as Wednesday interrupted.
“Yes. I know..” She seemed to stare at the ground, unable to look Charles in the eye. It began to rain lightly. She glanced up at the sky, as if she’d never felt the rain before. Charles gave a quick fake smile, and slightly hummed to himself.

She clutched her necklace, and tore it off her neck, breaking the clasp. “Here.” She said, as she dropped it on the ground where Charles stood. “It’s just another reminder of you. I can’t bare it.” By that time, she couldn’t seem to hold back tears any longer. Tears fell from her face, although she ignored it as she turned around.

“Babe.. I..” Charles said, grabbing Wednesday’s arm as she turned her back to him. She pulled it away with all her strength. Walking away a tear fell from her face and hit the ground. The forced smile completely faded. The rain began harder, pounding against her head. She clutched her wrist in pain. Keeping her face down. She turned around. There. There Charles stood, so perfectly. Staring at her, as the rain progressed.

“I love you.” She whispered. Her voice cracked, “I can’t believe I let you fool me.” She turned back around, and headed towards the parking lot. Soaking wet, she slid and fell. She couldn’t get the energy to lift herself. Sitting up, her silent almost unnoticeable tears, seemed to come pouring out as if it were her own thunder storm. She looked around, at the empty parking lot. She pulled herself together, and stood up. Once she got into her car, she reached for her neck, to find the necklace not there. The comfort she once found in that necklace, brought more and more tears to her eyes. Her cheeks red, and her eye’s color faded. She drove herself home; alone, yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really not a wonderful writer,
but give me a chance, read my story.

Subscribe and comment!