We Can Shine Like the Sun

XV

“I’m here, where’s the fire!” Holly laughed, pushing the door to the bus open so fast it slammed into the wall. “Where is Hayley?” She asked, noticing there was no red-headed, small, Avara height girl in lounge. Tadem looked up and smiled.

“You’re blind, even though you have your glasses on? Damn you need to go to a better optometrist!” That’s when Holly saw Hayley, and she laughed.

“Hey,” she grinned, “you wanted to see me?” Hayley laughed.

“You make me sound like your boss or your school principle or something,” she chuckled, “anyway, I have an in store today, and I wanted to know if you wanted to come and sing with me.” Holly eyed Hayley sceptically.

“You want me, Holly Burming to sing with you, Hayley Williams?” She said, “is that right?” Hayley laughed loudly.

“Yes Holly, I just said that didn’t I?”

“Okay, lemme go get Vara, she has to come too.” Holly raced off the bus and back to the exact spot where she left Avara, to find that Avara was still in said spot. She had somehow got hold of a walkie talkie and was holding a stick that resembled a wand. As Holly neared, Avara looked up at her and said something into her walkie talkie.

"Where did you get that-"

"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" Harlee screamed as she popped up in front of Holly, cutting he off mid-sentence. Harlee was also holding a walkie talkie and a stick.

"What are you losers doing?" Holly asked. Harlee's arm, which was still raised from when she pointed it at Holly, dropped to her side.

"You're not allowed to talk you nong, I Petrificus Totalus'd you!" Harlee shouted at her. Holly ignored her and asked her question again.

"What are you two doing?" Avara started giggling uncontrollably, earning weird looks from onlookers.

"We're putting spells on the fans," Harlee grinned.

"Vara, Hayley wants me to sing with her at Paramore's in store today. Wanna come?" Holly asked, ignoring Harlee.

"But were playing Harry Potter," Avara whined.

“But I want you to come with me!” Holly whined back.

“But Avara’s playing magic with me!” Harlee whined.

“Ohhhh!” Holly said sadly, “I guess I’ll go back to the bus now... By myself... Without Vara... And I’ll go play the in store with Hayley... By myself...”

“Okay, bye,” Avara smiled and waved, as she and Harlee ran off in search of other people to torment. Holly poked her tongue out at Harlee and Avara’s retreating backs. Holly then started her trek back to the bus.

“Holly Polly Dolly...” A voice yelled out at her from behind something a little way away. “Over here!”

“Where?”

“Here,” the voice yelled, “I’m hiding.”

“From who?”

“Miley.”

“Oh hey, Caleb!” Holly laughed, going over to a stack of merch boxes, and peering down at her orange-haired friend. “Why are you hiding from bimbo -ace, I mean Miley?” Caleb chuckled and pulled Holly to the floor next to him.

“I don’t think anyone likes her.” Holly laughed loudly, but stopped when Caleb made a face at her. “And I don’t think i like her.”

“Whoo, high five!” Holly grinned, holding her palm to him. Caleb frowned at her. “I’m sorry, she was a great girl.” Caleb chuckled again. “So why don’t you like her? Are you gonna break up with her?”

“I like someone else,” he told her shyly, “but she too, likes someone else.”

“Oh,” Holly asked, surprised. “Who is she... Or he?” Caleb cracked up laughing.

“I’m not gay Holly.”

“Oh,” she said, “come with me and Hayley to her in store, and tell me then, kay?”

“I don’t think so Holly,” Caleb replied, shaking his head.

“Why not?” Holly asked.

“Because, I don’t want to tell you.” Holly stood up and held her hand out to Caleb.

“Please Caleb.” Caleb laughed and grabbed Holly’s hand as he stood up next to her.

“Okay,” he said, “I’ll go with you to the in store. But I’m not going to tell you who it is.”

“That’s okay, I think I know who it is already,” Holly smiled at him as she pulled him toward her bus where she said she’d meet Hayley.

- † -


“Oh my god, its Austin,” Harlee screamed into her walkie talkie.

“You don’t have to yell Harlee, I’m right next to you,” Avara told her, but Harlee was already running toward Austin’s back. Before she could see what Harlee’s plans were, someone called her name.

“Oh, hey Jonathan,” she smiled.

“What are you doing?” He asked suspiciously.

“Me and Harlee were playing Harry Potter, and,” Avara turned around to see where Harlee was, “Hey, where’d they go?”

“Where’s who go?” Jonathan asked.

“Harlee and Austin,” Avara frowned at the spot where they were standing moments before, “They were right there.”

“Um,” Jonathan said as he scratched the back of his head, “Austin’s on the bus. My bus,” he told her.

“What?” Avara said, turning back to Jonathan, “No, they were right there.” She turned back around in confusion when she heard giggling. She looked around, astonished to find there was no one around them, at all.

Then she heard the giggle again. She looked down at her hand to the walkie talkie, grinned, held down the talk button and screamed, “HARLEE ANCHOR!” She then heard a squeal, followed by a chuckle that had come from Jonathan. “You were in on this weren’t you?” She yelled at him.

“No,” he laughed. Avara glared at him, “Okay fine I was but it was funny at the time. They’re probably back on my bus by now.”

“Oh,” Avara said, dropping her stick, “I guess there’s no more Harry Potter then.” Jonathan laughed and put an arm around her shoulders.

“It was only a matter of time before security was after you,” he said, walking away and pulling her along with him. “So where’s Holly today?” he asked her.

“She’s singing with Hayley Williams at a Paramore in store,” Avara told him, “She asked me to go but I-”

“You were too busy playing Harry Potter,” Jonathan finished.

“How did you know?” She asked.

“Because I know you,” he chuckled.

- † -


Meanwhile, at the in store with Hayley Williams from Paramore, Holly and Caleb were sitting on stools watching over the crowd who were not-so-patiently waiting for some singing to be done. At exactly ten passed two, Hayley cleared her throat and looked over the crowd who began cheering instantly.

“Alright,” Hayley laughed, “I’m sure y’all know who these two here are!” Screaming interrupted her. “This lovely lady here is Holly from Kill Barbie! And this young man here, this man here is Caleb Turman!” Hayley laughed when someone wolf-whistled at him. “We’re gonna sing you a little song called Ignorance/ tears and coffee break!”

Holly and Caleb both picked up their microphones and held them to their lips, and Hayley started to sing.

“If I’m a bad person, you don’t like me. Well I guess I’ll make my own way,” She started the start of Paramore’s song, so Caleb started to sing Coffee Break while Josh and Taylor began playing it on their guitars.

“Turning my cell off just to breathe, and everyone I know just keeps calling me.”

“It's never easy, that's what you said, and now I'm thinking I'm in over my head,” Holly sang, tapping her foot along with the beat. “It’s what you wanted right? No me and you, this is what you needed right? You've left me with the... Tears of a little girl.”

“I guess this is growing up,” Caleb sang.

“Yeah, we used to stick together, we wrote our names in blood,” Hayley followed up.

“I guess this is growing up,” Caleb stood up, “and it breaks me just to know, I guess this is growing up.”

“Ignorance is your new best friend,” Hayley sang, she too stood up.

“I guess this is growing up.”

“Crying in the back room, feeling out of breath,” Holly stood up and put and arm around Caleb.

“And my mom hates my guts, she has every reason too. I guess this is growing up.”

“I don’t wanna hear your sad song’s, I don’t wanna feel your pain,” Hayley wrapped her arm around Holly, who in turn took her arm away from Caleb, and wrapped her arm around Hayley, and started to sing her part.

“All I want is you to go and leave me with my, Tears of a little girl.”

“I guess this is growing up.”

“Yeah we used to stick together; we wrote our names in blood.”

“I guess this is growing up yeah. And it breaks me just to know,” Caleb sang, closing his eyes and making Holly smile because he looked like a tool. “I guess this is growing up.”

Hayley cleared her throat. “Ignorance is your new best friend.”

“I guess this is growing up,” Caleb finished. Caleb kissed Holly and Hayley on the forehead, while Hayley and Holly hugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who loves Paramore's new CD?

I DO!

Hayley Williams is my idol!