We Can Shine Like the Sun

XVIII

When Avara woke up the next morning, she was snuggled quite comfortably into Jonathan's side. It reminded her of when she used to wake up with Caleb, but it was a lot different. Not a bad different, she concluded, but it was different. Caleb's bunk smelled like, well, Caleb, and he always had his arm firmly around her waist in an intimate way. This never made her feel uncomfortable, but waking up with Jonathan was completely different. Despite the small space in the bunk, he seemed to be trying to give her as much personal space as she could have. Jonathan was lying and his back and Avara was curled up at his side with her head resting on his shoudler, and Jonathan had his face pressed in her hair. She tipped her head back to look at him to see that he was still asleep. From somewhere in the bunk, Jonathan's phone rang, causing him to sit up suddenly and bang his head on the top of the bunk.

"Ow," he groaned. Avara found his phone and handed it to him while she rubbed his head. She tried to keep up with the conversation, but found it difficult because it was mostly "Mmm"'s and "Ahh"'s on Jonathan's end. When he hung up, Avara looked at him expectantly. "Kyle's bringing Holly back," he told her. Avara nodded, not reassured by the look on Jonathan's face.

"What's wrong then?" She asked.

"Well," he sighed, "She was in trouble yesterday."

"Go on," Avara urged.

"Security was after her, which is why we haven't left the venue yet. The police and owner of the tour want to talk to you two and Alex." Avara's stomach turned. "Don't worry Avara," Jonathan whispered, pulling her into a hug, "It'll be ok."

"Will you come with me?" She asked him.

"Of course I will," he told her as he stroked her hair back from her face. "But we should get up now. We have to be at the police station at ten and its now nine." Avara nodded and followed Jonathan out of the bunk and into the kitchen, where he made her sit down as he poured two bowls of fruit loops. He put a bowl infront of her and sat down across from her at the small table. Avara picked up her spoon and swirled the coloured rings around in her bowl.

"Is Holly in trouble?" She asked, not looking up from her breakfast.

"I don't know hun," Jonatha told her.

- † -


Meanwhile, Holly was walking slowly behind Kyle, staring at the ground as they walked back through the city, and into the venue grounds. Kyle wasn't angry at her though. The two had stayed up late the night previous, talking about what'd happened.

"Do you think we'll be kicked off of the tour Kyle?" Holly asked finally. Kyle stopped walking and turned to her. He grabbed both of her hands and looked her in the eyes.

"Holly Im not going to lie," he told her softly, "you're in a heck of a lot of trouble." Holly nodded and looked down at the floor again. Kyle shuffled his feet nervously for a moment. "Holly," he stuttered nervously. Holly looked up at him from her watery eyes.

"Yeah?" She sniffled.

"You know we all love you, and we won't let anything bad happen to you," he told her. Kyle then bent his head down to hers and kissed her softly.

"Kyle," Holly said.

"I'm sorry Holly, I don't- Didn't mean to invade your space, I-"

"Kyle," She said again, puting her finger over his lips, "I like you." Kyle beamed and kissed her again.

- † -


Avara and Jonathan were sitting hand in hand, in silence, in the Admin Bus waiting for Holly and Kyle, so they could be questioned about the events of the last few days. The door loudly opened suddenly and Avara sat up hopefully, but it was only Alex, smirking his usual smirk. Avara pushed herself into the back of the chair, hoping Alex wouldn't see her, while Jonathan said "What are you smirking at, you're in trouble."

"No one can prove what I did," he said, his smirk growing evidently larger. Jonathan let go of Avara's hand and pulled her into him.

"You hit my Vara!" he yelled.

"Your Vara?" It was Holly this time. She wasn't mad at Jonathan at his claim of ownership over her best friend, infact she was glowing from her wide grin to her fingers which were intwined with Kyle's. Until she spotted Alex.

"You!" She screamed as she lunged for him, but Kyle held her back. The five of them froze as a police official entered the bus. He looked around at the group, frowned in confusion, and then looked at the paperwork in his hands.

"I'm here to see Avara Law, Holly Burming and Alex Gaskarth," he said. The three of them gave respective 'Here's or 'That's me's and the officer looked from Avara to Holly, to Kyle, to Jonathan, to Avara, to Jonathan, to Holly, and then finally back to Kyle. "Um," the man said awkwardly, "The interviews are private. Your boyfriends can't come." Jonathan, Avara, Holly and Kyle blushed simultaneously. Holly recovered first and spoke up.

"Jonathan's a witness," she said, turning to him, "Aren't you Jonathan."

"Uh.."Jonathan started to say, but Avara interupted.

"So is Kyle, with the whole Holly going ninja on Alex thing." The officer sighed and motioned for the people who were standing to sit down.

"We should really be doing this at the station," he said, "But the owner of the tour doesn't want you to miss any check sounds."

"Sound checks," corrected Kyle. The officer looked at him and nodded, as if he didn't care if it was a Check Sound, Sound Check, or Intergalactic Meeting with aliens. "So I'll start with Miss Law." Avara grimaced and looked up at Jonathan, who smiled at her encouragingly.

"It's okay love," he told her, "You didn't do anything wrong." From the opposite side of the bus, Alex snorted.

The officer led Avara into the back lounge of the bus and told her to sit down.

"Now, Miss Law, I would like you to be very honest in telling me what has happened in the last few days, involving Mr Gaskarth, Miss Burming and yourself."

"There isn't a lot to tell," she told the man honestly. "Alex wants Holly and Holly wants Kyle. And Kyle wants Holly too." The man looked utterly confused. "Kyle Burns," she said, pointing toward the front of the bus, "Blondie. Anyway, it's a typical love triangle thing and I was caught in the middle. Alex wanted me to stop Holly and Kyle getting together and I wouldn't so he hit me. Then Holly found out and attacked him. I am her best friend you know." The officer looked at her sympathetically and wrote down what she said. "That's all there is."

"Very well," the officer said. "Can you pleas get Miss Burming for me?" Avara nodded and did as she was asked. After Holly's back dissapeared into the back of the bus, Avara sat down in Jonathan's lap, for another officer had shown up and the seating was limited.

"That was quick," he said to her.

"Like I told the officer," she said, "There wasn't a lot to tell." Jonathan stroked her hair and she rested her haid on his shoulder.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" He asked. Avara shook her head.

"I want to wait for Holly. And I think you need to tell the dude what happened as well." Jonathan nodded and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

Meanwhile, Holly was sitting nervously in the chair across from the police man, who was watching her carefully, as if he was scared she was going to lunge at him, and start beating his face in.

"Miss Burming, I'd like you to explain to me what happened yesterday between yourself and Mr gaskarth?" Holly scratched her knee thoughtfully, wishing Kyle was there to hold her hand. "Miss Burming, this is important."

"Uh, I got a call from Jonathan Cook yesterday about Alex Gaskarth hitting Avara, I got really angry, she's my best friend you know?" Holly smiled slightly at him.

"I know," he smiled back, "she told me." Holly chuckled and pulled her feet up onto the seat, and wrapped her arms around her knees.

"I didn't mean to make Mr. Tour-man angry," she told him, "I really didn't."

"Miss Burming I know this is tough for you, but could you tell me what happened after you got the phone call from Mr. Cook." Holly gulped and nodded her head.

"Well, I kinda screamed his name... Angrily of course. Anyway, I ran running around trying to find him, I found him, obviously, near catering. There were some people from bands around, and some fans, and I marched right up to him, and starting hitting and kicking him everywhere and anywhere that I could."

"I see," he said thoughtfully, "that's all that I need from you Miss Burming, could you send Mr. Gaskarth in please?" Holly made a disgusted face which made the detective man chuckle. "I'm sure it wont hurt you to ask him one thing Miss Burming."

"Holly," She said, "I like to be called Holly."

"Of course, Holly." Holly waved her hand for a second before she left the room and went to where Avara, Jonathan and Kyle were waiting for her. She turned to Alex and grimaced.

"You disgust me, and I never want to see your hideous face ever again, but the dude in there wants to see you," she said, jabbing her thumb over her shoulder towards the back lounge of the bus. Alex got up and waltzed down the middle of the bus and closed the door behind himself.

Avara jumped up from her chair and hugged Holly to her, Holly wrapped her own arms around Avara and they both started to cry.

"I'm so sorry Holly," Avara mumbled, "I should have told you! If I had of told you, then none of this would have happened!" Holly shook her head dumbly and sobbed.

"It stil would have happened Vara, you're my Vara and that asshole hit you!" Kyle and Jonathan, who were standing awkwardly beside each other bhind Avara and Holly scratched nervously at their arms our bellys, not knowing what to do. Eventually, they joined in the hug too.

- † -


After the whole bus/ crying incident, The four walked hand in hand; Avara and holly in the middle, Jonathan next to Avara, and Kyle next to Holly, towards the catering tent where they found the rest of their bands, and Rian Dawson. Rian hurried over and hugged Holly and Avara.

"I'm so sorry," he exclaimed, "I never thought that he'd hit a girl!" Holly and Avara hugged him back. Rian was their favourite member of All Time Low. Jack talked to anything and everything edible all the time, Zack was a macho wannabe weight lifter, and Alex, oviously they hated him becuase he was violent towards Avara and because he had a stalkerish love for Holly.

"S'Okay Rian," Avara smiled, kissing his stubbly cheek, "it wasn't your fault." Holly nodded and kissed Rian's other cheek and then beamed at Avara and Rian. "You look like the Cheeshire cat," Avara giggled.

"I wanted in on some Rian Dawson action too," she laughed. Behind them, at the table, Harlee and Tadem sighed in relief that their two best friends were acting at least a little bit normal.

"So what's the verdict?" She asked them. Holly frowned.

"I'm on house arrest- or bus arrest- for being all violent with Gaskarth." Tadem looked confused.

"But, what happened with him?" Harlee asked.

"Well, we can't actually prove that he hit Avara, so he's off the hook," Kyle explained.

"For now," Jonathan muttered. He was angry at himself because he couldn't do more to protect the girl he liked, and all he wanted to do right now was be with Avara. Either that, or beat the living hell out of Alex Gaskarth. Love had turned Jonathan Cook into a violent, hateful person.
♠ ♠ ♠
We....love Titanic :)