We Can Shine Like the Sun

XVII

Avara could hear the shouts, yells and screams from where she was running in the venue. When she was closer to the commotion, she could make out the voice, or scream of Holly and a few grunts meaning someone was trying to hold her back. Avara rounded the corner and found Alex backed up against a wall while Holly punched every inch she could reach while she dodged Caleb, Kyle and Jonathan, who were all trying to hold her back.

“How. Dare. You. Lay. A. Hand. On. My. VARA!” Holly was screaming, pinching Caleb, Jonathan or Kyle when they could actually grab her arms. It took a moment to realise that Holly was crying. Avara ran forward and grabbed Holly’s shoulder’s, yanking her backwards, and pulling her to the floor accidentally. “Let me go!”

“Holly, calm down!” Avara sobbed, pulling Holly to her chest and hugging her, “its okay!” Holly thrashed about, trying to get back up, and pound Alex some more. “Kyle, help me!” Kyle nodded his head, and sat down next to Avara, and pulled Holly to his lap. Kyle’s face was filled with shock, he didn’t know what had just happened, only that he, Holly and Caleb were walking back to KB’s bus, then she got a phone call, screamed bloody murder, and then she turned and fled. Naturally, Caleb and he followed.

“You better go Alex,” Travis Clark said, noticing how Holly was slowly, but surely getting away from Kyle. “I’d hide if I were you.” Alex nodded and scrambled away. Once he was out of eyeshot, Holly let her body fall, and then she sat up and looked angrily at Avara.

“Why didn’t you tell me he hit you Avara Law!” She yelled. Avara flinched, and backed away slowly. She was scared Holly’s tantrum wasn’t over, and that she’d lash out at her. “Answer me!”

“He told me not to Holly!” Avara yelled.

“Why was he hitting you in the first place?” Holly yelled back. At this point, Tadem and Harlee had shown up, and were asking Caleb and Jonathan what had happened.

“Because,” Avara yelled. Lots of people started gathering around, some of them being fans, so Tadem and Harlee shushed Holly and Avara and dragged them the rest of the way to the bus. “Because,” Avara finished when she was sitting in the back lounge of KB’s bus, “I wouldn’t do what he wanted.” Jonathan came to sit next to her but she pushed him away.

Looking a little hurt, he asked “Which was?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Avara shrieked, “He wanted me to stop you too hooking up!” She waved her hand toward Holly and Kyle. Holly made a break for the door, possibly to continue murdering Alex, but Kyle stopped her.

“So he hit you?” Kyle asked, outraged, “Because you wouldn’t get between Holly and me?”

“You make it sound like there’s something secretly going on,” Caleb raised his eyebrows. Kyle and Holly both blushed and stepped away from each other. Jonathan, seeing the silent tears rolling down Avara’s face, tried again. He moved closer to her and slipped an arm around her shoulders. This time, Avara put her face to his shoulder.

“We should tell someone,” he said. Avara shook her head. “Well what do we do?” Avara shrugged.

“Well,” Holly said awkwardly, “Me and Kyle aren’t together, so I don’t see what his problem is.” Avara stared at her best friend in disbelief and then rolled her eyes. The reason she didn’t tell anyone was because she wanted to avoid all this attention. She stood up, grabbed Jonathan’s hand, and pulled him off the bus with her, ignoring everyone as they walked past.

Jonathan and Avara walked silently hand in hand to FTSK’s bus, happy to find it empty. Jonathan locked the door after them and took Avara into the back lounge. He sat down and pulled Avara down next to him where she cuddled into his side.

“You’re shaking,” he mumbled.

“I’m okay,” she told him.

- † -


Back on the KB bus, Caleb, Holly, Kyle, Harlee and Tadem were discussing recent events when there was a knock on the bus door. They exchanged curious glances and Tadem went to open it.

“Hello.” It was a security guard. “We’re looking for Holly Burming, and any other witnesses involved in the event with Alex Gaskarth.” Holly pushed her face into Kyle’s arm. She didn’t want to get into trouble for protecting her best friend.

“Am I in trouble?” Holly whispered, pouting up at the security guard in fear and with teary eyes. The guy glared down at her and smirked.

“Ms Burming you attacked a fellow musician, Mr. Gaskarth is pressing charges,” he told her, “and there are enough witnesses to prove what happened.” Holly burst into tears and clung onto Kyle’s arm. Caleb stood up angrily and towered over the security guard.

“And what happens to Alex?” He snapped, “Is he going to have charges put on him for beating a lady?” Kent grabbed a loop at the back of Caleb’s jeans, and yanked him backwards, seeing how Caleb was about to raise his fist and in-plant it into the guys face.

“The owner of Warped Tour and the police have been informed, the owner is on his way here from California now and he’ll be speaking to Ms Burming, Mr. Gaskarth and Ms Law respectively on arrival.” Holly stood up and glared at the man fiercely, well as fierce as she could get with make-up smeared eyes, a wet face and blotchy foundation, and then she went to her bunk to get her phone, her wallet a hoodie and her shoes. Without a backwards glance, she left the bus and wondered through the grounds to the gates and silently left.

Holly’s phone beeped a few times, and ran about a million and one times, but she didn’t look at it, or answer it, she just kept walking in the direction of the city they were in. She didn’t know what city they were in anymore; her thoughts were only focused on the fact that Kill Barbie might have to leave the tour because of Alex Gaskarth. At around midnight, Holly found a hotel and she wondered in.

“May I help you miss?” The clerk asked anxiously taking in her appearance.

“Uh, yeah,” she muttered, “Can I uh, have a room?” She pulled her card from her wallet, and handed it to the guy, who took it and swiped it.

“Which room would you like today ma’am?” He asked. Holly gave him a look that clearly said she didn’t give a crap which room he gave her, she just wanted somewhere to sleep. “I’ll give you our deluxe room then,” he said, obviously giving her an expensive room that she would regret later. She nodded and took her card back when he gave her a key. “Right this way madam,” and he lead her to an elevator and took her to the 12th floor and to a very fancy looking hotel room.

Once the man had left, and she was alone, Holly sat down in the middle of the giant bed and cried for a little while. She didn’t want to ruin the chance her band had at exceeding what their parents expected. She finally felt stupid, so she read through her messages.

Holly where are you? Call me when you get this.
- Tadem.


Holly Burming we’re worried about you call one of us and let us know where you are!
- Harlee.


Holly, are you alright?
- Caleb.


Tell me where you are, and I’ll come and be with you.
- Kyle.


Holly’s heart fell. There was two people she wanted to hear from; Kyle and Avara. Kyle texted her, but Avara hadn’t. She started to cry again as she dialled Kyle’s phone number and pressed her blackberry to her ear gently.

Hey,” Kyle’s voice came softly down the phone and into her ear. Holly let out a sob. “tell me where you are and I’ll come to you,” he told her.

“Um, I don’t know where I am,” she hiccupped, “The big hotel with the white roof!” She didn’t know what she was really babbling on about so she ambled over to the window to see if there was a sign. “It- it has lots of pretty flowers.”

You’re at a hotel?” He asked. Holly nodded and then remembered her couldn’t see her.

“Yeah,” she mumbled.

What room are you in?” he asked. She didn’t know that either, so she went to the door and checked the number.

“I’m on the twelfth floor, room 100E,” she said.

I’ll be there soon,” he told her before he hung up. Holly threw her phone onto the couch and went over to the bed and crawled under the blankets and fell asleep with sigh.

- † -


Meanwhile, back at the venue, Caleb was opening the door to his bus looking for Avara.

“Avara, Jonathan, are you guys here?” he yelled. There was silence for a second before two voices sounded through the bus. One was Avara’s and one was Miley’s.

“Caleb where have you been?” Miley yelled, throwing herself at him.

“Yes, I’m here,” Avara sighed at the same time. Caleb looked at Avara and raised an eyebrow at the face her clothes were all messed up.

“Ok, first you,” Caleb said to Miley, “I want to break up with you, it wasn’t you, it was me, we’re not in , love anymore, blah, blah, blah.” Miley stared at him before screaming and punching him in the stomach. “And you,” he said to Avara, “should be helping us find Holly.” Avara’s face went white.

“What do you mean ‘look for Holly’?” She asked. Caleb scratched the back of his neck and sighed while Miley leaped off the bus.

“About four hours ago, a security guard came to your bus and said Alex was pressing charges on Holly for assault. She got up and left, and we can’t find her.” It was Avara’s time to scream and punch him.

“Why are you just telling me now?!” She yelled.

"I, I don't know," Caleb winced, "I guess I thought you knew."

"How would I know Caleb?" Avara shreiked, "I've been here with Jonathan and your girlfriend."

"Ex girlfried," Caleb muttered. Avara glared at him, "I'm sorry. By the way, where is Jonathan?"

"Asleep in the back lounge," she told him. As she said this, Caleb's phone vibrated in his hand.

I've got her. She's fine. Call you tomorrow. Don't let the busses leave.
-Kyle


"Oh thank god," Caleb sighed. "Kyle's got her." Avara made to grab for Caleb's phone but he held it out of her reach. "She's okay, Kyle will call tomorrow. Do you want to go back on your bus?" He asked her, "You can sleep with me in my bunk if you want." Avara made a face.

"I'm going to go get Jonathan and sleep in his bunk," she said, turning around. "He hasn't been sleeping with a whore the last two weeks," she added under her breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh lala