We Can Shine Like the Sun

VIII

The four girls were currently sitting in Forever the Sickest Kids’ bus, trying to tally the entire poll votes to see who won; clicky top pens, or twisty bottom pens. Avara was sitting on the floor in front of Jonathan who kept flicking her and making her loose count.

“I swear to god if you do that one more time Jonathan Cook, I will kick your skinny white ass so hard that my foot will come out of your mouth,” she snapped at him. Everyone in the bus went silent. Avara smiled and started recounting her pile of votes. A few silent minutes passed before Avara sensed movement next to her head.

“No,” she scolded as she slapped Jonathan’s hand. He just giggled and went to do it again. Avara slapped his hand again and went to sit next to Caleb instead. She started re-recounting her votes and before she knew it, a paper ball hit her head. “JONATHAN COOK!” She yelled, glaring at him.

“It was Kyle,” he grinned mischievously. She flipped him off and went back to counting, but she just couldnt do it anymore.

“Caleb!” she whined, hiding her head on his shoulder, “Count for me.” He patted her head and took the slips of paper from her hands.

“51 for clicky top, 49 twisty bottoms,” he said, handing her back the slips. She thanked Caleb and went over to sit in Jonathan’s lap.

“Are you happy again?” He asked her.

“No,” she smiled evilly, “I just came to do this.” She flicked his ear with as much strength as she could muster.

“OW!” he yelled, holding his ear, “Your mean.”

“I know,” she smiled. “So who won Tadem?” she asked.

“Shh,” Tadem replied, she was apparently still counting. Everyone watched her concentrate and then cracked up laughing when her phone started ringing and she jumped ten feet in the air.

“Hello?” She snapped into the phone, glaring at everyone on the bus. “Oh, sorry Alex. Yeh, here she is.” She said into the phone, “Holly, it’s for you,” she said, handing it to Holly, who took it suspiciously. “You all suck, now I’ve lost count.”

“Caaaleb,” Avara said innocently to Caleb, whose head immediately shot up.

“Mmm?”

“Can you please finished counting for us?” She pleaded. His face broke into a smile.

“It’s your poll,” he said.

“Please,” Avara pouted. He rolled his eyes and took the votes from Tadem.

“Good on ya Avara, using your sex appeal,” Harlee laughed.

“If I was over there right now,” Avara threatened, “I would flick your ear.”

“But your not. You’re sitting on Jonathan, so flick his ear.” Harlee said.

“Okay,” Avara said and she started to continuously flick Jonathan’s ear.

“Stop it,” he whined, grabbing her hand.

“Well don’t mess with me Cook,” she said, sticking her tongue out at him.

Avara turned her attention to Holly, who looked really uncomfortable, and apparently she wasn’t the only one who noticed. Kyle was looking at her with a large amount of concern in his eyes and Avara thought it was really sweet.

“No, sorry Alex, im kinda busy right now,” Holly said impatiently. “I have to go bye,” she said, handing the phone back to Tadem.

“Are you okay?” Kyle asked Holly. She smiled at him and nodded.

“Yeh,” she said. He gave her one last caring look before looking away.

“I’m tired,” Avara yawned. Jonathan, who still had hold of her hand, pushed her head back onto his shoulder.

“I’d tell you to go back to your bus,” he said, “But were moving.” Avara mumbled something that was apparently incoherent because she could feel Jonathan shake with laughter. “What was that?” he asked.

“I said I want my bunk,” she said.

“You can go and sleep in mine if you want,” Jonathan suggested.

“But where will you sleep?” Avara asked.

“I’ll kick you out of it later,” he shrugged. She didn’t reply, she was already half asleep. “Come on,” he said, attempting to stand her up. He ended up half carrying her to the bunks and layed her down in his and tucking her in before going back into the lounge.

“Awkward,” Holly sung as he walked back in.

“What’s awkward?” He asked.

“Nothing,” Tadem giggled.

Kyle and Holly broke off into their own conversation. “So was there any reason why you were blowing Alex off?” Kyle asked, “I thought you liked him.” Holly sighed.

“I think he thinks I like him, but I don’t. I think he’s a man whore. I just have a fan girl crush on him.” She answered, “But he won’t get the hint.”

“Alex can be dense sometimes,” Kyle said, “Maybe you should just outright tell him to leave you alone.”

“I hate face to face confrontation,” she sighed.

“How about I be your official body guard. Ill guard you from Alex.” Kyle suggested. Holly liked this idea. She smiled and nodded.

Meanwhile, Caleb pretended to be entertaining himself with his phone. He only did this so his friends wouldn’t be able to see how pissed off he was at Jonathan. Jonathan knew Caleb had a thing for Avara, but Jonathan always seemed to be trying to get her attention. He was just about to declare his weariness and head off to bed when his phone vibrated in his hands. He flipped his phone open and smiled uncontrollably when he saw who it was.

From: Avara

I’m bored. Come keep me company. Xx Avara


Caleb was quick to type a reply.

I thought you were really tired.

It wasn’t long before his phone vibrated again.

I was, but Jonathan’s bunk is too small. I figured yours would be bigger to accommodate for your giant head. So now I’m awake because I can breathe.

Caleb laughed out loud when he got this message and everyone looked at him strange.

“Who you texting?” Jonathan asked.

“Your mum,” Caleb said, “She thinks your gay and she said your bunk is too small.”

“Huh?” Jonathan said, dumbfounded.

“It’s Avara silly,” Tadem laughed.

“Didn’t she go to sleep?” Marc asked.

“Well apparently Jonathan’s bunk is too small, like I said,” Caleb said, trying to hide the satisfaction in his voice.

“And now she wants to sleep in your instead. That does make sense,” Harlee said.

“Yeh, your bunk would need to be bigger because your head is so big,” Holly laughed.

“That’s exactly what Avara said,” Caleb laughed. His phone vibrated again and he read the message.

Are you coming or not? Caleb smiled and hit reply.

Be there in a second.

He got up and headed towards the door that led to the bunks.

“Off you go stud,” Tadem grinned. He ignored her and went through the door.

“Use protection,” Marc called after him. And he was pretty sure he heard Kyle say something about wanting a baby on warped but he wasn’t too sure. Caleb’s phone vibrated again and he read the message.

I’m being creepy in you bunk ;) It said. Suddenly alarmed, Caleb hurried to his bunk and pulled open the curtain, seeing Avara lying in it innocently.

“You’re an idiot,” he laughed, taking off his shirt and climbing in next to her.

“I was right,” she said, “Your bunk is bigger.” And it wasn’t long before she fell asleep.

Meanwhile, back in the back lounge, Kyle and holly were discussing instruments, and the latest music magazines.

“So what’s your favourite one?” Kyle was asking, picking the bottom of his camo shorts with his finger tips.

“You know that one...” She said, trailing off, she couldn’t remember the name, but she really liked it.

“What has it got in it?” Kyle asked suggestively, raising his eyebrows.

“I dunno. There’s one a about a guitar and one about drum sticks and there’s a monkey in one of the,” Holly explained, throwing her hands about her face.

“Holly, stop talking with your hands, it reminds me of Mr. Zaffino!” Harlee yelled from where she was chatting to Kevin and Marc about something or other.

“Who’s Mr. Zaffino?” Kent asked.

“Our old accounting teacher,” Holly replied, rolling her eyes.

“Dude, no way, you did accounting? I majored in that subject at uni!” Austin exclaimed, sitting up and grinning his creepy paedophile looking grin.

“Indeed,” Tadem said, brushing her fingers through her hair. Holly scrambled to her feet and sighed.

“I’m going to bed, may I borrow someone’s bunk, seeing as we’re in a moving bus,” She said, emphasising the word ‘moving’. Kyle stood up too and smiled.

“You can sleep in my bunk if you do so wish, Im a bit tired also.” Holly smiled up at him and followed his as he went to the door.

“Watch out Holly, he sleep’s naked!” Marc yelled after them. Kyle flipped him off and Holly stopped and turned around.

“I don’t care, Im that tired!” The rest of the guys plus Harlee and Tadem all hollered about her sleeping next to a naked Kyle, she too, flipped them off. Holly followed Kyle to the far bottom right bunk, where he stopped took his shirt and camo shorts off, leaving him in his briefs, he then handed Holly a shirt and some basketball shorts.

“I’ll turn around so you can dress,” he told her. Holly nodded and waited for him to turn, when he did, she yanked off her top and bra, pulled on Kyle’s top, pulled her jeans off and pulled his basketball shorts up. She then climbed into Kyle’s bunk before him and waited for him to climb in after her. “I put your clothes in my suitcase, don’t forget them tomorrow,” he whispered, after he was in and lying under the covers with his head resting on the pillow beside her own head.

Kyle’s bunk fit them both snug inside, although their bodies were only slightly squished together. Holly moved as far as she could towards the wall to give Kyle room, but found it pointless. So she settled for her head being against his chest.

“Thank you Kyle,” was the last thing she said, before she fell asleep to the gentle rise and fall of his chest and the soft thudding coming from his heart.

Half an hour later, Jonathan decided he was also tired. He figured Avara had crept off into Caleb’s bunk and felt a pang of jealousy. He tiptoed to where Caleb’s bunk was and pulled the curtain aside slightly peering inside and feeling even more jealous. Avara was curled up between the wall and Caleb with her head resting on his chest and he had his arm wrapped around her. Jonathan thrust the curtain shut and went back to his own bunk, thinking about how he and Caleb had seemed to have fallen for the same girl. This couldn’t end well. Jonathan couldn’t help but laugh when a huge snore ripped through the entire bus.

“I knew we should have given Robi something for that cold!” He heard Kent whisper to someone, as they crept past obviously heading towards their own bunks.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment. subscribe. answer this question:

twisty bottom pen or;
clicky top pen

........

comment