Status: Currently on hiatus.

I Swear, I Love You

Twenty-three.

We had got back into the car again, this time Lola was calm.

I decided to take on the wheel this time round, just to give Joey more rest.

It was silent for the first hour or so, until Lola started screaming again. I was loosing concentration, and Joey was attempting to keep her calm. I looked at the signs and the next relax stop wasn't for another 50 miles.

"Come on Lola. Stop crying. Look at daddy!" Joey was saying. I looked at him through the mirror and he was doing silly faces, which were obviously scaring her.
"Joey, try holding her babe." I said, continuing to drive.
"Alright." He said, attempting to undo the seatbelts. "Babe, the seatbelts won't come off."
"Oh, fuck sake." I sighed, looking over at the road. It was still a straight road, so I turned around, helping Joey. We had finally got the seatbelts off only for Joey to start shouting.
"SARAH, MIND OUT!!!!" He shouted, as I looked around, bright lights blinded my eyes and a loud crash came from both cars. Mine and the others. I felt my body get pushed back and rolled over. The car had stopped moving. It was silent.

Lola had stopped crying, Joey wasn't speaking. I felt blood roll down the side of my face.
"Joey?" I whimpered. He didn't respond. I was scared to look around, but I felt I had to.

I saw Joey's bloody body laying there. I couldn't tell if he was breathing or not. He was just there...

I looked around for Lola. I couldn't find her. She was bound to be the most injured seeing as her seatbelts were undone. My vision had started to blur as I must've saw her. I tried speaking, but the words wouldn't come out. I couldn't hear. I couldn't speak. I couldn't see.

--
I woke up in hospital as it seems. No one surrounded me. I wanted Joey by my side the second I woke. I sat up, no pain went through my body, I must've been okay.

I looked at my reflection through the mirror which was in the corner of the room. I had cuts all over my face, a bruised nose, and bust lip. I looked at my arms which were also full of cuts and bruises. I stood up, feeling dizzy at first, but soon got used to it. I walked out of the room, to see a doctor come straight for me.
"Mrs Jordison, when did you wake?" She asked, pushing me carefully back into the room.
"About... 5 minutes ago. Where's my husband and baby?" I asked, attempting to walk out the room, only to get pulled back again, this time more firmer. The door had shut behind me, then got locked.
"They're in intensive care." She nodded.
"Can I go see them?" I asked. She was bound to let me.
"Not just now. They have severe injuries, not pleasurable." She nodded once again.
"I don't give a shit! I want to see my baby and my husband!" I shouted, walking for the door, which soon got unlocked by a nurse. I walked out, and fastened up my pace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dear... who'll survive, and who won't?