Heaven Is A Place For Angels

Paradise

Angela wasn't too eager to go to bed that night. She'd rather stay up and have a conversation with somebody, but everyone turned her down, and her father finally got her to get ready for a night of sleep. Her biggest fear, and one of the reasons why se didn't want to sleep was the nightmares that kept coming back every night. Luckily there must have been something that set her mind on other things when she slept, because she had a very easy night.

She woke up the next morning with a smile on her face. It was going to be an easy day today, she thought. Before she went to bed last night she had washed the make up away, so the bruises was visible again, something that Theo's sister would help her with later. A light knock was heard from the door.

"Please, do enter," Angela said with a loud voice, and prepared to be tackled by her brother. Actually, that was what happened. Andrew rushed inside the room, aimed at Angela, who was standing beside the bed in her pyjamas, and forced her down on the bed. Angela, on the other hand, knew this was coming, and gave him a challenge, and the two siblings had a wrestling-fight for a couple of minutes. Pillows even got involved. Angela gave her little brother a knock with her pillow and sat back down, making clear she was setting an end to this.

"I can't believe you were ready for that. I'd been planning it the whole morning," Andrew muttered, and threw the pillow he was holding to her.

"The mind of an elder sister is more cunning than you think, my dear Andrew," she said and made a swift ponytail with a string. Andrew kept mumbling inaudible words. A tension fell between the boy and girl, just sitting there, watching each others every move.

"This is ridiculous, little boy; you wanted to tell me something special?" Angela said at last. Andrew cleared his throat and got ready to say something that seemed to be important.

"No," he said and had a grin all over his face.

"Please then, do leave my room," Angela said, making a snotty expression.

"Your temporary room, you mean, dude," Andrew said, trying to outdo her in the snotty expression.

"Same shit, different names," she said, pointing at the door. Andrew stood up, went to the door, opened it, and walked out of the room, leaving his sister behind. Angela let out a sigh of relief.

She hadn't felt this good in days, and she didn't even feel any shame when she saw herself in the big mirror across the room. She even took some time to explore her face, her skin, the lacks, and her benefits (pfft, like you haven't done it yourself sometimes). Another knock was heard from the door, and without Angela saying anything, Stephen walked in and faced his daughter. He hadn't really got used to her bruises, so he frowned a little, trying not to show her how shocked he actually was. Angela understood why he seemed so frightened so suddenly. She let go of his eye-contact and faced the wall, and fingered on her nails.

"It will heal y'know," she said in a relaxed tone.

"I know," he mumbled, making his way to her side on the bed, where she was sitting at that moment. "I'm just so, so, scared. I'm not supposed to be scared. I'm supposed to be strong, and know everything. And at this moment, I don't have a clue what I should do. Should I comfort you? Should I try to act normal? Should I prove myself to be a good father? I just don't know."

At this point, he was sitting next to his youngest daughter, holding his head in both his hands. Angela made the best that she could of this moment; putting a hand on her fathers shoulder.

"Try to ignore it, please?" she said, glancing at him quickly and back at the wall. Stephen shook his fist, furiously, and shook his head at the same time.

"I don't want to ignore it. I want to go out there, and kick that punk's ass. He doesn't deserve to live, he doesn't deserve to breathe, and he could do it again, and again, and again. Let me do something, please."

Angela's eyes widened, she was surprised by his sudden fit of rage. She'd never seen him like that before. But her mind was set clear, and she wouldn't change it.

"No," she said and smiled weakly. Her father just glared at her, in a pleading way. She shook her head, her mind was set. Stephen sighed, stood up and left the room without saying a word to his daughter with bruises on her face.

-

Far away from the village, a man stepped out of a car, a BMW 850. He drew his hand through his dark hair, which started to turn into a brownish color. A pair of black sunglasses covered his eyes, they were scanning the landscape. This must be the place, he thought. He saw a big, big lake that had that, that, aquamarine color. The land had suffered from great dehydration the last 20 years, so the surface had shrunk about 13, 12 feet. Next to the lake was a great castle, the same color as the sand, and seemed truly aged. Theo had been right; it made you find inner peace, because everything was so quiet and calm, at least for the time you spent there.

He made his way to the other side of the car, opened the door gently and offered a hand to the woman sitting on the seat, her eyes also covered with a pair of sunglasses.

"I see now why you were so stubborn about not telling me where we were going," she said when she stepped out of the car she as well. Her husband couldn't do anything but smile at her, cunningly. She hadn't yet realized actually how beautiful everything was. When she finally did so, she gasped for air, and grabbed his arm in shock.

"Oh my God, this landscape is like a dream, Billie," she said, and couldn't help but smile.

"Tell me about it," he answered, and lead her toward the castle.

"How did you know about this place, dear?" Adrienne asked curiously.

"Let's say that an angel whispered it in my ear."