Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Serenia

***************
"Clair!" someone called, "Clair! Wake up!" it called again. My eyes forced themselves open.

"Who's Clair?" I asked.

"You love. It's your new name. Brendon made it up." the someone was Danny Gibson. The nice gentleman who saved me in the hallway. I swear I have been here at the circus for only a couple days, but I have this unknown liking for Danny.

"Mr. Gibson. Leave this room. You've kept your eye on her for as long as needed." Brendon said walking into the room. I felt slight discomfort as Danny got up to leave and the ringmaster took his chair.

"Yes Master." Danny said without hesitation. He quickly left the room.

"You weren't supposed to be in that room." Brendon sighed. He looked a cross between sad and regretful. I heard that he was harsh and strict, but I couldn't see those virtues in the weak, tired looking figure that was beside me. I suddenly had pity for him. It wasn't his fault that the woman, Serenia Dowes, that he had supposedly loved left him.

"You're not going to yell at me or anything?" I asked, shocked. Even though he looked sad and pitiful, I was still expecting a beating or something. I was still grateful that he had given me a name, Clair.

"No." he sighed. Ryan, who I had not noticed before, looked aghast.

"Brendon?" Ryan asked concerned. I guess he's never seen his best friend have mercy but boy was I glad he chose today to be gentle.

"Sleep." Brendon whispered soothingly in my ear. I immediately felt uncontrollably drowsy. Probably some kind of his magi-
***************

"She's asleep." Brendon stared at Clair with undeniable affection. Ryan rolled his eyes.

"This won't bring her back Brendon." Ryan warned. Brendon's calm face turned tense in a matter of seconds. Rage rippled through his body and fear throughout his veins.

"You are not to talk about Harlequin. Ever. No ones aloud to talk about her." Brendon sneered.

"Why call her by her stage name? Her real name is Serenia! And I know you're still in love with her. Using Clair as a stand in will not bring Serenia back. Nothing will." Ryan fumed. He hated lots of things Brendon did to other people, especially dolls. Especially Clair.
Brendon shook as Ryan yelled his Serenia, his love's name. Dread filled his mind of what could have happened to him, "She's gone Brendon. Gone. And you know you're guilty. You're all to blame for her disappearance."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! Did you like it? Do you like it? I love Clair's name! I wish it was mine. Anyway....... Rate/message/comment/subscribe!!! Makes me happy.