You're All I Ever Wanted

breaking down

His eyes showed his confusion. I still couldn’t speak yet I was doing my best not to sound like a babbling idiot. I was failing miserably at doing that but that’s beside the point. He kept rocking me, much like you would a child who had a bad dream. I clung to him and just swayed with the motions. I was so ashamed of myself for reacting this way. I just got so emotional so quickly. I looked up at Sean when I was sure my eyes were no longer full of tears or were about to be. He looked deep in thought yet his eyes were still looking down at me. I tried to smile. It was a small one yet it served its purpose. Sean stopped looking so concentrated yet his gaze remained on me. He tucked my hair behind my ear and it was followed by his sigh.
“Ready to talk Tinkerbelle?” I nodded and blew out air that I hadn’t realized I’d been holding in.
“I saw Bella and Edward at the store.” His body tensed up at the mention of Edward’s name. His eyes hardened quickly but when he realized what he was doing he softened his gaze.
“Did anything happen?” I shrugged.
“Yes and no,” I said. Confusion filled those deep brown eyes. I looked down a moment then decided I couldn’t leave it there. “They both talked to me, but when he stared at me it felt like he was looking right through me. I think that’s what put me on the edge of my emotional roller coaster.” He grunted and mumbled under his breath but I couldn’t quite make out what he had said. That bothered me. I hate it when people do that. It’s like they are saying something about you. I slowly got out of his embrace and walked back to the truck. I grabbed the bags out of the cab of the truck and walked inside. Sean rose to his feet and followed after me. Momma was already setting the table when we walked in. She was smiling and humming to herself while Kaitlin brought the tea out on the table. She was absolutely glowing. I resisted the urge to smile. She and Sean were so good for each other. Sean walked over kissed her cheek and she looked up at him with a smile. Absolute bliss filled her face. It made me miss Jake. I handed momma her groceries and politely excused myself to call Jake. I walked upstairs and pulled out my cell phone. I sat down on my bed and then shook my head. I walked out of my room. Not only am I emotional today, I’m crazy today too. I walked back downstairs and right past the kitchen table and out the back door. What was the point of calling him when he lived right next door? That was stupid on my part. I walked slowly over to the Black home. I hoped Jake was home. If not then… I shook my head. I really need to see him. I wiped my feet on the rug outside the front door then slowly opened the door and walked in. It was quiet. That’s unusual. I rolled my eyes and slapped my forehead. No I’m just not used to being here when it wasn’t loud and chaotic. Well most of that was due to Embry, Quil, and Jake horsing around. I laughed at the memory. That was an almost every day thing back in those days. But those days were long gone and Jake’s too big to be running around like that anymore. I peeked around and I didn’t see any one in the living room or kitchen. I peeked into Jake’s room next and it was empty. I sighed in defeat and slowly retreated to the front door. Maybe calling would have been better. I walked over here for nothing. I shut the door quietly and stood on the porch for a few moments. I saw a glimpse of white out of the corner of my eye. I turned quickly but nothing was there. What was wrong with me today? Was I really going crazy? I hoped not. Maybe I should just go home and go to bed. That way nothing else could happen today that would mess with my mind. I sighed. I could do that, sure but not without talking to Jake first. I pulled out my phone and went through my phone book until I found Quil’s number.
“Hello?” His voice always had a cheerful tone when I talked to him, well most of the time.
“Hey Quil, is Jake with you?” He chuckled.
“Well I missed you too Lillie. I’m glad you asked about me.” I felt my face turn crimson.
“I’m sorry Quil. How are you?” He laughed, a roaring deep bellied one.
“No sorry Lillie he just left.” I rolled my eyes and hung up on him.
I shouldn’t have done that but he pissed me off so bad. He made me feel terrible just to get a laugh out. I growled the whole way home. Stupid Quil. He was always doing stuff like this to me. It was expected but I wasn’t in the mood for it. I walked into my house and stomped straight up to my room. Jake had better come home soon before I go twice as crazy.
I don’t know how long I was there before I eventually fell asleep. I guess it was a good thing but then again it wasn’t. I still hadn’t seen Jake. I shrugged and rolled back over and closed my eyes. Tomorrow I would spend the whole day with him whether he liked it or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if this chapter sucks guys but if u feel it does id rather u tell me
and im sorry about the wait