You're All I Ever Wanted

Catching up with Jake

I felt my heart beat increase and I lost my breath. The man walked over to me. His shaggy black hair looked as if it hadn’t been brushed. Those familiar brown eyes bore holes into me. He wasn’t wearing a shirt so I sucked in my breath to keep from drooling that would be embarrassing. He gave me a look over and then his eyes caught mine again. They’re is something familiar about those eyes that made me at ease. I wanted to run into his arms and never leave them. I shook my head and scowled myself. No Lillie you are here to get closure about Jake not fall for some gorgeous and super tall guy. Then it clicked. There was no way this guy could be Jake. I was gone two years he couldn’t have gotten that big in two years it wasn’t possible. He walked up to me slowly with his hands in his pockets. I turned to face him with the groceries in my hands. He smiled and took them from me and walked into the house. He just walked into my house like he owned it. I sighed. We used to do that all the time. I noticed he was completely out of sight. This was my chance I could get out of here. I didn’t have a chance to out run them all. Quil and Embry were leaned up against some car parked in Jake’s driveway. Quil shook his head at me. Damn am I that easy to read? I shook my head and started to walk into Embry’s direction. I felt a warm hand grab my arm. I turned around and Jake was looking down at me.
“Lillie we need to talk.” I swore in my head. Okay Lillie chill out running from Jake wasn’t giving me closure. I sighed.
“What is it we need to talk about Jake?” He scoffed and rolled his eyes.
“Well for starters why did you leave?” I rolled my eyes.
“Jacob Black don’t you roll your eyes at me and I was running away from a problem. It was stupid on my part because the problem just followed me.” He nodded.
“What are you going to do ‘bout it squirt?” I rolled my eyes.
“Well I don’t know what I can do you turned into He-Jake the superhero. Does the power of Grey Skull compel you?” He laughed then those dark brown orbs of his took on a saddened tone. I felt the pull on my heart strings. Before my head could react I reached out and hugged him. He looked down at me crazy for a second then engulfed me into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and just held me for a second. I felt my eyes start to water. Jake lifted my face up to look at him. His eyes held so much emotion I couldn’t make out which one was the strongest.
“Lillie what was so bad to make you leave? What hurt you so much to leave me?” The tears fell. He wiped them away with his thumb. Quil yelled interrupting the moment.
“Kiss her Jake show her how real men kiss.” I gave him the finger then my gaze went back to Jake’s. He smiled. Quil had amused him obviously.
“Honestly Jake you did. You made me leave.” A look of shock and hurt crossed those beautiful eyes of his. I wanted to cry. He pulled away from me and held his chest.
“I made you leave. How in the hell did I do that?” He was angry now. I could tell by his raised voice. So I did the stupid thing and raised mine back.
“That morning that I left was because of you and the little whore you were with.” He rolled his eyes.
“Why would it bother you? You weren’t interested in me.” I rolled my eyes.
“Yea right I wasn’t interested in you Jake I’m in love with you.” I backed up and covered my mouth. He looked dumb founded.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” His eyes saddened again.
“I was on my way to tell you but I seen you with her.” He scratched his head.
“That’s why dad said it was probably my fault.” I chuckled.
“Go dad… I mean Billy.” He laughed.
“He misses you too Lillie.” I squealed and grabbed Jake’s hand. I attempted to pull him and I almost hit the ground. He wrapped his arms around my waist and caught me. He laughed.
“Easy little one I don’t want you to hurt yourself.” I
“Just because you’re taller than me doesn’t mean you can point it out all the time.” I turned around and hit him in the chest. I heard a crunch and his eyes got wide.
“Oh my god I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you Jake. I’m so sorry.” He laughed.
“Baby girl I’m more worried about you. Let me see your hand.” When Jake’s warm hands came in contact with my own I screamed.
“Owwie Jake it hurts.” I started jumping up and down like a little kid. Quil started to laugh and Jake picked me up.
“Come on lets take you to see Dad.” I nodded holding my hand.
We walked inside and Billy was watching baseball. His eyes were still on the television when we walked in.
“Did she forgive you for being an idiot? You didn’t talk to her did you son? Don’t make me go tell her how much you care about her.” I held in a giggle. Jake’s face turned red and he looked at the ground.
“Um Dad I…” Billy turned around.
“That’s it Jake I’m going to tell her.” Billy got closer to us and seen that Jake had be in his arms. Billy laughed. “Um sorry son I didn’t know.” Jake’s face was as red as a tomato. I jumped out of his arms and went to hug Billy. He smiled and I sat on his lap still holding my hand.
“Wow girl look at you I didn’t think I would ever see you again.” I hugged him again.
“Of course Billy you know you’re my favorite member of the Black family.” He laughed and I smiled and winked. He looked down at my hand and wheeled me to the bathroom.
“Sit on the toilet my dear.” I did as he asked and he grabbed an ace wrap and wrapped my hand from the tips of my fingers to my elbow. He fixed me up all nice and gave me a couple of Tylenol. He winked at Jake and left the room. I looked up at Jake and he half smiled. I got off of the toilet and walked over to him. He opened his arms and I took my old place. He took me to his room. I laughed when I seen his bed. It was twice the size it used to be. He really had grown a lot. I went and laid down on my old side of the bed. He followed and wrapped his arms around me. This was how I seen it when I planned to tell him I loved him. Only then my hand wouldn’t have been broken because he wasn’t that big then I told myself. We stared up at the ceiling.
“Do you guys still have movie nights?” He shook his head.
“No because the one that always set up the movies and always gave me my way was gone so we did nothing but argue over the same movie all night.” He lowly chuckled. I scooted closer to him and put my head on my chest. I scared him a bit because I started laughing in the middle of a silent period.
“What’s so funny?” I sat up on my elbows and stared deeply into those dark brown eyes of his.
“Well one of my guy friends in Virginia was in love with me. He’s the one that told me to come back here. He said when I rid myself of Jacob Black he knew I could love him back.” Jake’s jaw line hardened.
“What if Jacob Black doesn’t want to be getting rid of?” I looked at him and he was serious.
“Why wouldn’t he be?” I was curious now. Jake had just told me that he didn’t want me to stop loving him.
“I would miss my best friend if you left again.” Now I was more confused. He would never lose me as a best friend again. A potential love maybe but never a best friend. I scratched my head. He sat up and his face was inches from mine and he leaned and his lips were inches from mine. I leaned in. He was so close to kissing me and then the door busted open. We both turned and looked at who walked in and there stood Kaitlin and Sean. Sean started laughing. I wanted to kill them both. They had just ruined my kiss with Jake. I had been waiting a long damn time for that kiss and now it was ruined. Sean stopped laughed and yelled for Quil.
“Hey man you owe me thirty bucks.” Quil came in groaning.
“No way he kissed her?” He laughed.
“Almost I mean this close.” He held his finger and his index finger close together. Quill laughed.
“I don’t owe you anything because they didn’t kiss yet.” Sean chuckled.
“The day is still young my friend.” I rolled my eyes and got off of Jake’s bed.
“I’ll see you later Jake.” I left the room and hit them both on the way out of the door. I walked outside and went home. Mom had started on dinner already I smelled it. I walked upstairs and laid down in my bed. A thousand questions were going through my head. Does Jake like me? Why was he so upset when I left? Why didn’t he want me to leave again? Why had he tried to kiss me? Maybe I’m being naive. Maybe he was getting something off of my face and I misinterpreted in. That had to be it. I yawned. I need a nap. I am beat.
I must have been out for awhile because when I woke up some one was in my room with me. I opened my eyes and groaned. What did he want now?
♠ ♠ ♠
17 readers wow
all in one day I am so surprised.

it has half the readers that candy coated dreams has

so subscribe
read
comment