Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

We Have To Cherish This Day

We all walked slowly down the hall, taking a right when needed, then taking a right and another left. Then, we finally got to room 214, also known as Nick's room. We all took a deep breath as Joe slowly opened the door.

Nick was laying down on his hospital bed, watching Sports Center, which was playing re-caps of the Yankees game from last night. He looked over to the door and gave us all a smile. We all smiled back and went to sit next to him.

"Hey guys." Nick said to us.

"Hey" We all said back, smiling.

"Sorry this happened today... it's suppose to be your's and Blair's special day.." Nick told me with a hint of guilt in his eyes.

"It's okay Nick, really I don't care. All I needed to know was that you're okay now." I told him, trying to hide that tear in my eye.

"Ya, the doctors are saying that I'm doing better I guess. I really want to go to your graduation though.." Nick said, looking away.

"Nick, it's okay. We can have Joe record mine and Taryn's when we get our diplomas. It'll be okay." Blair said while reaching to intertwine Nick's hand with hers.

I smiled and looked over to Joe.

"See," he started. "I told you two. He's a fighter."

Joe smiled and leaned over kissed my cheek.

"Ya, I guess he is." I said and looked towards Nick and Blair who were lost in conversation and each other's eyes, still holding hands.

"Ahh, the glory of young love. I love it." I said as I looked away and into Joe's eyes.

"Yes, I love it too. I definitely love it too." Joe said, reflecting his eyes into mine.

We smiled and he lightly kissed my lips.

"Well," The nurse started to say. "Two good things for you four."

"Ya?" We all asked, knowing where this conversation was going.

"One, Little Miss Blondie over here has not screamed once.That must be a record?" The nurse asked, smirking.

"Haha, ya, basically." Blair answered while she was laughing.

"And two. As long as Mr. Jonas here promises me two things he can be discharged tonight." She said, getting something out from her clipboard.

"Ya?" We all asked again.

"If you can promise me that you will check your blood sugar after every meal and keep in touch with the hospital if there are any problems you will be able to leave 9 hours after you got admitted this morning. And the other thing you have to promise me, can i have your autograph for my little girls, Katrina and Kassandra?!" She asked Nick.

He was still smiling from the first promise, already knowing what time he'd be able to leave. He'd have to tell us when she leaves..

Nick signed a few pieces of paper and then Joe signed the same papers, too.

The nurse was walking out and Joe, Blair, and I turned to Nick.

"So? What time do you get to leave?!" We all asked, anxious to know the answer.

Blair and I crossed our fingers, hoping he would make it to the ceremony on time.

"Well, I get to leave at 6:15!" He said to us with a huge grin on his face.

"Ahhhhh!!!!!!" Blair screamed.

The nurse was still in the room and she turned around and faced Blair.

"Well, that record is now broken." The nurse said with a smile.

Blair smiled back and went up and hugged the nurse.

"Thank you. So much." Blair said.

The nurse hugged her back and looked at her.

"You're welcome sweety. How would you like a babysitting job? You can share all of your Jonas stories with my daughters. And I think my girls would love you." She asked.

Blair got a huge smile on her face.

"Sure! Uhm, here's my cell number and here's my home number!" Blair said, writing down her numbers.

"Okay honey, I'll keep in touch." The nurse said before walking out the door.

"Nick!! You can make it!!" Blair and I yelled, doing our happy dance.

"Ya I know!!" Nick said while sitting up in his bed.

I was so happy. So was Blair.

I looked over to Joe, who had his own smile plastered on his face, and went and hugged him.

"He gets to make it Joe! He gets to come!" I said jumping up and down in Joe's arms.

"Ya I know. I am so happy." Joe said back.

I looked away back to Blair.

"Well, Blair, sorry but if we want to look good up there on stage we better leave to start getting ready." I said.

"Okay.." Blair said, her smile turning into a frown.

"Blair, common. Everything is perfect now! Nick and Joe will both be there to watch us. Nick is getting healthier as we speak. Today is one of the most exciting days of our lives! We have to cherish this day!" I said.

"Ya, you're right." She said, turning her frown into a small smile.

"Well Nick," Blair said, turning back to Nick. "I have to go. But you get better so you can come and see us."

She smiled and leaned down to kiss him.

"Common Joe, lets give them a minute."

Joe nodded his head and escorted me out the door.

"Uhmm, Taryn..." Joe asked suddenly.

"Ya?" I asked, content with his hand in mine.

"Can I ask you something, sorta like personal..?" Joe asked, looking straight forward.

"Ya, I guess so." I said starting to get worried.

"When did you have... uhmm.. sex.. with Adam?" Joe asked, a little bit of nervousness covering his voice.

"Uhmm, senior ball. He was my date to the ball because, well, I was at the time, dating him. And we got a room at the hotel after wards because we both planned on us getting drunk, and we didn't want to drive home. The ball was already being held at the hotel so we just made reservations there. But, like I said, we both planned on us both getting drunk, and I said to myself that I wouldn't drink too much because I didn't want anything like that to happen, but it did. I am so stupid." I mumbled the last part.

"You're not stupid Taryn." Joe said, looking at me.

"Not all the time. I usually make the right choices. But it's too late now." I said.

"We will make this work Taryn. Even if it's the last thing we do." Joe said to me, putting his hand under my chin so I had to look into his eyes.

"I know we will." I said, hugging him.

He held me tight and we just stood there, in each other's arms.

'Only a few more days...' I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
extra long chapter =)

I was listening to 'A Little Bit Longer' on repeat while I wrote this chapter. =D

Comments make my rainbow shine.
^ Nikki, you better not say anything about me being a dork for saying that...