Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

I grabbed Joe's hand and led him to my couch that was in my room. It was quiet for a few seconds, so I decided to be the one to start the conversation.

"Ok, so I'm sorry I didn't come downstairs before, but my name is Taryn." I stuck my hand out, trying to be all business like. He smiled and shook my hand.

"Hi, I'm Joe.. and I forgive you for not coming down earlier, I know its hard on you."

"So Joe," I chuckled because it rhymed. "Tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'm Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers and I'm sorry that I'm a big celebrity because now your going to be followed by the paparazzi. But anyways, my brothers call me the funny JoBro and also, I am your new fiancee." He smiled at the last sentence, and so did I.

"Well, what do you think about me? Like I'm just wondering.." I asked him.

He smiled again and started talking. "Well, I think that you are absolutely beautiful and you're a great kisser."

I started laughing at his explanation of me.

"Well, god, thanks for all that," I said blushing a deep red.

"I also play soccer and basketball and I also like singing. I'm a waitress at Olive Garden and I am graduating high school in about a month."

I felt like I said too much so I turned and looked back away. Joe softly took one of my hands into his and used his other hand to turn my head back towards him. He was smiling at me and started to get up.

"Would you like to take a walk with me Taryn?" I was surprised that he would ask me such a thing, but I stood up with him and grabbed my cell phone.

We were holding hands when we were walking downstairs, and our parents were beaming with excitement.

"We're taking a walk, be back whenever" I said to my parents.

"Okay honey!" I heard my mother yell back, I could hear the smile on her face. The air was a little cold seeing how it was a little late. I shivered involuntarily and I felt my hand that was holding Joe's fall. I looked to see what was wrong, and I saw him shrugging out of his jacket.

"Here." He extended the jacket out to me.

I smiled. "Thanks."

Then my phone started ringing. I checked the caller ID and saw that it was my ex-boyfriend, Adam. Well, not ex yet, but will be soon, and opened my phone.

"Hello?" I asked, clearly already knowing who it was.

"Hey, baby. What's all this shit with you and that Jonas boy?"

I sighed. Of course he would know.

"His name is Joe, not that Jonas boy, and we are arranged to get married."

I smiled at the thought. It was ironic how if I would've said that less than two hours ago, I would've had a grimace planted on my face.

"What?! So you're breaking up with me?!"

I sighed, because he was being very difficult about this. And it definitely wasn't helping that he was drunk.

"Yes, I am breaking up with you." I felt Joe go stiff next to me, so I grabbed his band and pulled him along with me.

"Well, I guess that's fine, I was cheating on you anyways. With a guy. I'm bi."

"Wow, well have fun fun with your boyfriend, fag."

I hung up the phone and stuffed it back into my pocket.

"You were dating a gay guy?" Joe asked, sounding a little confused.

"Haha, ya I guess so.. I just found out today though."

"Well," He said turning towards me, looking directly into my eyes. I knew I was blushing. "You never have to worry about me turning gay. I'm yours, forever."

I smiled at the thought.

"And how am I sure about that Mr Jonas?"

He retracted his hand from mine and got down on one knee. I knew this would be coming, just not this soon. I felt my eyes starting to swell up with tears.

"Taryn Matthews, even though I just met you today, I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And I'm glad that our parents made the decision of our marriage. Will you please marry me?"

He pulled out a diamond ring increased in a small, black, velvet box. I felt my tears run down my cheek. I smiled down at him and quickly wiped the tears away.

"Yes, I will marry you Joe. I wouldn't have it any other way. " He got up and quickly slipped the ring onto my left ring finger.

When it was securely on, he kissed me and enclosed me in his arms.

"Wouldn't have it any other way.." I murmured quietly against his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
awww! such a cute ending to this chapter!
ok so about the phone call with her boyfriend, well ex boyfriend, sorry if any of you are gay or bi! i didnt mean it in any mean way whats so ever. It was just to show how mad she was at him..
anyways.. sorry I havent updated in a while, I have been so busy! with school and boys and drama and all that stress,you know, all that teenage stuff. but i am trying to update as much as i can! please