Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

I Won't Crack

"So, Frankie, where do you want to go now?" I asked as I started the car. We had been to the community park for the last hour, and I didn't want to go back to the house.

"How about we get something to eat?" Frankie suggested. I nodded my head and turned in the direction of Applebee's.

"Taryn?" I heard from the backseat.

"Ya, Frankie?"

"Why are you and Joe mad at each other?"

I felt tears sting my eyes.

"He did a very bad thing." I whispered.

"I know. My parents told me that. But, I want to know what he did. My parents won't tell me."

"Well, don't tell your parents I told you, but he was kissing another girl. And I saw them, and then I called Nick and he came and got me."

"Why was he kissing another girl?" Frankie asked.

"I don't know." I murmured while I felt a tear run down my face.

"Frankie, is it okay if we go back to my house? I can make us food there. I just, don't feel like going anywhere. Okay?"

"Ya, that's okay. I think my parents are taking us all out to dinner anyways."

"Oh." I choked. "Okay."

It took us ten minutes to get home, and I immediately went into the kitchen and made Frankie and myself some macaroni and cheese. We were having a nice time together before everybody came in and ruined it.

"Oh sweetie!" I heard my mom squeal to me. "You're finally up from that couch!!"

All I did was nod, but apparently that wasn't enough to satisfy her.

"So, we're going out for dinner. Where do you want to go? How about that nice Italian restaurant in downtown?"

"I don't care, Mom."

I felt Pickles' tongue lick my foot, and I gently pushed him away with my foot.

"Well, then we'll go there. Can you go get Joe?"

I felt my heart tear as she said his name.

"No," I said nodding my head. "I have to go get ready."

"We're not leaving for another two hours."

"Well, that's two more hours than I would've had." I said, and disappeared upstairs into my room.

I knew that she was just trying to get me to talk to Joe, but I won't crack, not for a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, well, I am sick and have a four day vacation, so I had some extra time to write this chapter. I am trying to write as much as I can, but I don't always have time, so bear with me.

Anyways, more soon I hope. Comment?