‹ Prequel: Move

Risk

Forever and Ever

"Alyssa, we have to go," Ann yelled from outside of my bathroom door.

"One second," I yelled back.

"She's going to be late for her own wedding." I heard Bria say to Ann.

I looked at the reflection in the mirror. The white wedding gown made me look even more flawless even though I had gotten my powers back. The veil hung over my face. I truly did look amazing. There was no other word. With Ann doing my hair, Bria the makeup, and Diane's supervision this was going to be the best wedding look of the century. I could only imagine what my husband to be looked like. I had been waiting for this day since I had gotten out of the hospital a week and a half ago.

In one swift motion I stood up off the chair and went to the door. I opened it and revealed the faces of my brides maids. All three of their mouths fell open.

"Oh...my...God!" They all said together.

"Thanks," I muttered.

Ann, Bria, and Diane all had the same light purple dresses on. I had to admit they looked amazing too.

"You guys look great too." I said.

"Enough about us," Bria said.

"We have to go," Diane said.

Ann looked at me. "We'll be just a second."

Bria and Diane smiled and turned to the stairs. They disappeared behind the curve in the wall.

"The limo is here!" Bria shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

Ann turned to the stairs. "It's not your wedding anyway!"

She turned back to me. I smiled through the veil.

"Alyssa, I don't know what to say." Ann said. "You saved the world, rescued me from my very own prison, got Peter back together with me, and you made me your Maid of Honor."

"Say thanks." I said.

She smiled and ran into me with a hug. I wrapped my arms around her. Ann quietly sobbed on my shoulder. I smiled even though she was just about crying.

"Don't ruin your makeup," I said.

Ann gave a little laugh and stopped hugging me. I let her go and she looked at me with pure happiness.

"Oh," she said taking her hand from behind her back. "Your flowers."

She handed me the bouquet of red and pink roses. They were gorgeous. I wrapped my fingers around the bottom of the flowers.

"Thanks." I muttered.

"You truly are amazing," Ann said.

"I am the Alpha of Protectors," I said.

She nodded. "So, what do you think Riley is going to do with the honeymoon? He'll probably swoop you off to some romantic beach." She said thinking aloud.

I sighed. "I'm not so sure about the romantic beach part."

Ann laughed. "Well, we better go."

"Yeah." I said.

Her eye's drew to my bare neck. I looked down at it as well. The small silver heart that held the three diamonds sparkled without any sunlight. Ann's eyes sparkled off of the small crystals.

"You're never going to take that off, will you?" She asked.

I looked up at her and shook my head. "I made a promise to Hunter. As long as the people that stand for the crystals are alive, I will keep it."

She frowned. "So, it's for your brother and sister and Riley?"

"Well," I said, "I sort of consider the middle crystal both my brother and sister. The bottom one is for you and Bria and Diane."

Ann smiled again. "Well, we do really have to go." Her face turned serious.

I nodded. "Yeah, lets go get married."

I moved past her and gracefully moved down the stairs. She lifted the back of my dress up so it wouldn't drag. I held the flowers with one hand and my other hand dangled at my side. I completely ignored the rest of my house as I moved through it and out the front door. I was too excited to even notice the long white limo that was parked in front of my house. Ann held my dress up higher so it wouldn't drag on the dirt.

"Come on Mrs. Ackers," Bria shouted as she stood by the open car door.

Ann moved me forward to the limousine. Bria slipped in before I got in. I ducked under the white roof and sat on the white leather seat across from Bria and Diane. Ann stepped in after me and sat across from me also. She shut the door behind her. The vehicle immediately started moving. I couldn't see the driver in the front, but obviously he knew it was just us. Riley was already at the ballroom getting ready on the second floor. That's all I knew. He hadn't talked to me in person or in my head since last night. He disappeared this morning when I woke up. Riley had to put more pressure on me. Well, it actually felt like excitement.

I looked at my three brides maids. "Are you guys going to dance at the reception?"

Bria smirked. "I'll force them, but I am also going to have to force you to get away from your new husband."

"Look," I said, "I won't bother you and Sam if you don't bother us."

"Fine, but if you don't get away from him within ten songs, I'm pulling you away." She said.

I smiled. "Fine."

Ann smiled. "You know, this is probably going to be the best wedding I have ever been to."

"That has to be true for me," I said sarcastically.

"What are you going to do after you guys are married?" Diane asked.

Ann and I shared glances. "We'll go with the flow just like every normal husband and wife. I do have back up plans though." I said. Ann smiled. We both knew that Riley and I weren't going to be a normal husband and wife.

"That sounds okay," Bria said.

I looked at her. "It sounds just fine to me."

Ann looked at me. "I believe you are missing something."

"What?" I said turning my head to her.

She bent over and pulled something off of her leg. I looked at it. Ann dangled the lacy ribbon in my face. I glared at Ann and then at the garter.

"Oh, your a life saver," I said yanking it from her hand.

"Your welcome," she said.

"What would I have done without it?" I asked sarcastically.

I unfolded the white garter and slipped it over my foot. I pulled it up high on my thigh. They all smiled and looked at me as I fixed my dress again.

"Want a good love life, hey?" Diane said.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at her. "Yes, yes I do."

They all laughed a little. I smiled too. It was going to be interesting when he took it off with his teeth. I never actually pictured him doing it.

The limousine came to a halt and I tried to look out the tinted window. It was too dark to see out it. I could only see the brief silhouette of the columns on the building.

Ann let out a breath. "Well, see you up at the alter Mrs. Ackers."

All three of them moved out of the door giving me a small peck on the cheek from each of them. The door closed behind them. I looked at the flowers in my hands. They would be the only thing between me and Riley when we were up at the alter being announced married.

The guests that we were expected were numerous in ways that we knew them. Tobey, Eve, and Brittany were all very excited for us and immediately R.S.V.P. Apparently, Tobey was too married, although he never told us, and we gave him immediate permission to bring her along. Most of our coworkers were coming and we had a lot of them. I had no idea if Lauren the receptionist was coming. I assumed she might. Otherwise, the other people in there would be the brides maids and the best men and my brother and sister. It wouldn't be bad at all to have Riley go digging up my dress. I laughed at the thought.

Somebody started knocking on the window with their knuckles. I rolled down the window and looked up at Hunter.

"Hello there." I said.

"Hello, Mrs. Ackers," he replied.

I made a frustrated sound with my tongue. "Can you people just wait to call me that until after I actually get married?"

He rolled his eyes and opened my door. I rolled up the window and stepped out of the limousine. I balled up my dress and held it up off of the ground. Hunter shut the door and rested his hand on the top of the white limo. I looked up at the bright sun.

"It's the perfect day for my own wedding," I said to myself.

"Your welcome," Hunter said.

I looked at him. "You cleared the weather for me?" I asked realizing what he did.

He shrugged. "It was a little cloudy."

I sighed. "Thanks."

"I also made it not too hot outside," he said.

I frowned. "You can do that?"

Hunter smiled. "I do control weather. The temperature is weather."

I smiled. "Alright, well, are you ready to give me away?"

He lifted his chin. "Are you ready to get married."

"Hey," I said, "don't forget I'm older than you even though you're taller. You're still my little brother."

"Always."

I gave him a crooked smile and moved towards the huge Greenwood Ballroom. I wanted it to be here because this was the last day I would be known as Alyssa Greenwood and it was the last day I would have to fake my last name. It was a good last name though. Greenwood. I looked up at the columns as I moved towards it. Hunter moved right behind me. The columns were brightly lit with lights and ribbons made of silver silk. The lights would be brighter during the reception considering it would be darker. It was only three O' clock. I stopped at the large opened door. Hunter stood beside me.

"No peeking," he said.

I looked up at him. "I'm the one that planned it. I think I should know what it looks like."

Hunter smiled. "You only know what it looks like in your head. You need the full live version for you to get real excited."

The music started and our conversation stopped. Hunter held out his arm and I hooked mine with his. I held the flowers with my free hand.

"Here comes the bride," Hunter muttered.

I smiled. We started moving through the door. Instantly, everybody in the white chairs turned their heads around and looked at me. Hunter kept me from falling when I looked at the front of the ballroom at Riley. The minister in black and white stood next to him, but nothing could compare to the way he looked. He had his hands folded behind his back and his black jacket and bow tie made him look even more stunning. He looked at me and he looked as if he might faint. I looked down at the ground in front of me. The people on either side of me smiled and started making comments about me to the people next to them. I could hear each very clearly even though they were whispering. I turned my head back up and looked at Riley as I was steps from him. Hunter slowly unhooked his arm from mine. I stepped over to Riley and turned to Ann, who was behind me, and gave her the flowers. She smiled and took them gratefully. I turned back around and gave Riley my hands. He tried to hide his smile, but he couldn't and he smiled showing all of his bright white teeth.

You look amazing his voice said.

I smiled too showing some of my teeth.

You are amazing I thought.

He closed his mouth and continued smiling. Riley looked over at the minister and nodded once. The man started talking and I completely ignored his introduction. Cassidy told me a week ago that she would film the entire thing. I quickly glanced towards the large audience and found my sister with a camcorder recording us. I smiled at her and she smiled back. I realized she was sitting next to Tobey and who was probably his wife. She was a cute little woman. I wondered if she was like us.

I quickly looked back at Riley. He smelled so wonderful like always. Ann already told me I smelled wonderful always one day when we were planning.

I love you Riley's voice said.

I love you I thought back.

Forever and ever I will love you

Is this your little speech? I asked sarcastically.

He smiled and rubbed my hands with his thumbs.

It's part of it

I smiled. His speech was going to be interesting. He heard me think that and he glanced at the minister. I stopped thinking and listened to what he was saying.

"Now, Mr. Ackers would like to commit himself to his dearly beloved with a love speech," the man said.

I blushed and looked at Riley. He smiled and pulled me slightly closer to him.

"Alyssa," he left out my last name, "there are many reasons why I would want to marry a person like you," like the fact we are both Alphas, "but the main reason is that I have felt we belonged together since the first day we found out more about each other." I smiled remembering the day he showed me he could fly and I showed him my powers. "I am honored to stand in your presence today in the same building where we had our first dance. I am honored to be here today showing how much I love you and knowing that you feel the same way. I promise to you that I will forever and ever love you."

He lifted one of my hands and kissed the top of it. I blushed even more when the audience made "aw"ing noises. I wanted to just rip the veil off of my face and kiss him forever and ever like he promised. Riley stopped talking and let the minister continue. I just kept staring in Riley's brown eyes.

The minister looked at me. "Alyssa?" I looked at him in confusion.

The vow Riley's voice said.

I quickly recovered myself and looked at Riley. Riley lifted my veil over my head. I smiled and looked up at him. "I, Alyssa Danielle Greenwood, take you, Riley James Ackers, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death eventually do us part." Riley smiled. I smiled too knowing Riley wanted to do his part. To commit himself to me forever.

"Riley?" The minister said looking at him.

Riley looked deep into my eyes. "I, Riley James Ackers, take you, Alyssa Danielle Gray, to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health with health being more likely, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." He smiled knowing he liked his changes. I had to admit, I liked them too. His vow made it even more official.

"Alyssa Danielle Greenwood," the minister said, "do you take this man to be your husband?"

I nodded. "Yes, I do." I said without looking away from Riley's eyes.

"And do you Riley James Ackers take this woman to be your wife?" He asked Riley.

"I do." Riley responded confidently.

"You may now kiss your bride." The minister said happily.

Riley let my hands go and anxiously moved his lips to mine. We moved them together for a moment and then Riley gently picked me up in his arms. I smiled and released my lips from his. He carried me gracefully down the aisle showing everybody his new wife. I smiled and pretended I was embarrassed by him as people whipped out cameras and took pictures. I smiled harder than I ever have before. I was now officially Mrs. Alyssa Ackers.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is still going to be a few more chapters and possibly an epilogue