Letter to Me

Violet Bukowski

Whatever you do avoid the tree at all costs, not only for climbing reasons.

“Hey David.” I said getting up, brushing off my jeans as I leaned up against the tree. I had been sitting there for the past ten minutes waiting for a very late Tom.

“Hey listen I have to tell you something, and you have to realize that if it were up to me I would have done this in a better way and wouldn't have made it so out of the blue.” David explained in a rush.

“What-”

David's mouth on mine, was a surprise to end all surprises. The fact that I liked it and kissed him back was one of those things I knew I was going to look back on and go, why the fuck did I do that?

Tom.

I broke away, Tom with his secret smiles, dark eyes, funny comments.

“I knew I should have waited.” David muttered his hands still at my waist.

“It's okay.” I said a little shaken.

“No it's not.” I looked over and there stood Tom, his face seemed to harden with hate.

“Tom.” What was I suppose to say?

“Yeah that's what I thought, bye.” Tom walked away, getting into his car, he didn't look back.

“What happened?” Daffy cooed in my ear, as I snuggled deeper into my blankets even as the sun streaked through my room.

“David kissed me and Tom saw.” I sputtered out.

“That's not good.” she said looking away a little guilt in her expression.

“What did you do?” I groaned out throwing back my covers.

“David's always liked you, I just gave him a little push.” She said getting up from my bed unsteadily.

“Did it ever occur to you that I may not have feelings for David? But have feelings for Tom who by the way was not to happy about witnessing me and David kiss.” My voice was nearing the yelling barrier, and I didn't feel bad. This was all her fault, Tom, the kiss, David, everything.

I told her so.

Just as she was walking out my door she turned around her face ashen, “I hope you can forgive me one day.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd blame school for my lack of updates, but that be a lie since I don't do my homework half the time. :shifty