Claustrophobic

01.

“Isabelle Kaulitz?” a nurse called out my name in the waiting room. My mother and I stood up together, in perfect sync. We were like that, my mum and I – understanding each other.

“Bella,” I corrected. I was bored of correcting everyone on my name. Mum should just damn well change it. It’s not like anyone knows me as Isabelle anyway.

“Okay Bella – and Mrs Kaulitz, of course – right this way.” I could tell she was a new nurse. No one else treated my mother with such respect. I wasn’t complaining – usually she was treated as just a machine to sign forms for me. I loved my mum, and I wanted her to be happy.

“Bells,” my mum said, looking at me with a sour look on her face. The nurse walked a distance ahead of us, leading the route that we probably knew better than her. She wouldn’t be able to hear our quiet conversation. “Bella, how’s your brother? You’ve looked upset all morning.”

I sighed. My mum was too good sometimes. Only she would know the exact look I couldn’t help but wear when my brother was horrible to me. “He doesn’t agree with me, of course. He thinks girls are girls and boys are boys.”

She sighed. Her twin children didn’t talk anymore. They didn’t even call themselves twins anymore – if someone asked at school, Tom would say, ‘oh, she’s just a cousin. Like my third or fourth cousin, I think. Same surname is all.’

“You know that your brother only thinks he’s doing the right thing, Bella. He’s a stubborn little thing. Mind you, you’re just the same.”

“I know.” I shrugged. “But you have to admit, he’s being pig-headed about it.”

She laughed, but then her face turned stern. “Bella, don’t talk about your brother that way.”

“Mum,” I just wanted her to stop going on about my brother. I loved him, and I missed him, but he wasn’t changing, and neither was I.

“You were best friends growing up. You shared everything – you pair were inseparable. You’re fraternal twins, obviously, but you both looked identical when you were born. I don’t know how we’d have managed, your dad and I, if you weren’t a gir–”

I cut her off. I didn’t want to hear that horrible fact, yet again. I hated that fact, and it was the reason I was about to go into a doctor’s office. “He doesn’t accept me for who I am, Mum.” I looked her straight in the eye. “And that is why we don’t talk.”

And it’s all because, I, Isabelle Kaulitz, was born a girl, but I want to be a boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Picture in the layout is from Deviantart.
This is gonna be a slow twincest, they're not gonna bang in the first few chapters.
Comments/subscriptions are love. :)