Love or Lust

Chapter Thirty-eight

“Come on, El. One date with Jamie wouldn’t hurt. He’s a nice guy despite how he looks.” Jessica said as we were cleaning the kitchen up. Tom and Jamie had decided to have a food fight. It wasn’t the playful kind either. It seemed like they were trying to kill each other with pizza.
I knew Jamie was a nice guy, I mean I hung out with him enough to know that. Even though I knew I wanted to be with Tom a part of me wanted to go on a date with Jamie, so I agreed.
“Sure, one date, but that’s it.” I said boredly.
“Yay!” She smiled hugging me.
“You won’t regret it!”
“I’m hoping I won’t” I laughed.
“You won’t, hopefully…So, when you wanna go?”
“Well it’s like seven right now. I guess we could go now.” I suggested.
“Jamie! Go change into something descent! You have a date in about five seconds!” Jessica yelled right in my ear as she now began to shove me toward the bathroom. “Go was off the pizza and change like now!”
“Stop yelling to you want the entire world to know I have a date?!” I screamed laughing.
“Yes!” She also laughed. “ Now go get ready!”
“Alright! Stop pushing me!” At that she did and started dragging Jamie out the door.
I couldn’t help but laugh at the sight. Once they were gone I went in the bathroom and washed. I then went to my room and got dressed. I picked a tank top, a pair of dark wash jeans, and a jacket. I didn’t think we were going to be going anywhere too extravagant. As soon as I stepped out of my room Tom was standing in front of me.
“Um hi, can I help you?” I asked looking up at him.
“Why are you going on a date with….that guy?” He sounded pissed.
“Because Jess wouldn’t leave me alone about it. It’s just one date Tom. It’s not going to mean anything.” I rolled my eyes brushing past him.
“Every date means something, Ella.” He said grabbing my arm making me look at him.
“What is your problem? It’s just a date, nothing is going to happen.” I reassured him, he was actually starting to piss me off.
“My problem, is that you are going out with a guy you hardly know. He could be a rapist for all we know!”
“What about all those girls you have sex with, huh? They could have easily been killers!” I retorted.
That left him speechless. I saw how he was struggling with something to say.
Then their was a knock on the door. “I have a date to go on. Don’t wait up.” I got my arm out of his grasp and walked to the door. I felt the urge to cry, but shook it off as I opened the door.
“Hi, Jamie.” I smiled. He actually was dressed in a Hollister T-shirt and a pair of jeans that didn’t have holes in them.
“Ready to go?” He asked glance behind me at Tom.
“Yeah, let’s go.”
At that we left, I slammed the door behind me. I was going to let Tom know that I was mad at him. I wanted him to feel bad. I wanted him to worry about what I was doing. Most of all I guess I wanted him to be jealous.

On our date Jamie took me to the movies, we watched some random horror flick that wasn’t really that scary. The plot was really stupid anyway. Once the stupid movie was over he took me to dinner at Subway. I wasn’t complaining I liked Subway.
“So…what’s between you and Tom?” Jamie asked out of no where as I sipped my soda.
“He’s my best friend.”
“Nothing more?”
“Nope, just friends.” Lie.
“That’s good to know.”
“Why is that good to know?”
“Because, I was wondering if we would be able to go out again some other time. I’ve had fun so far.” Jamie blushed a little. I laughed. I wouldn’t expect him to blush.
“Sure.” I smiled. “I’d like that.”
“That makes me happy.”
I felt my pocket vibrate, then pulled the phone that Tom had gotten me a week ago out. I wasn’t surprised what the caller ID said. It was Tom. I hit ignore and put it back in my pocket.
“Who was that?” Jamie asked.
“No one important.” I shrugged.

After we ate Jamie and I went back to the apartment building. “I had a great time Jamie.” I grinned as we walked to my door.
“I did too. I’m happy you decided to go out with me.”
“Me too.”
As we stood in front of my door I saw that Jamie was leaning in, but I didn’t stop him. Before I knew it his lips connected with me and out of reaction I snaked my arms around his neck….then the door opened, Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's late! Please dont shoot!
comment=updates, love