Eight Days A Week

Day Tripper

Cappie jerked awake suddenly. The sunlight poured through the window, making Cappie realize just how badly her head was throbbing. It felt like someone was cracking her head open with a sledge hammer then frying it in a frying pan. “I’m never drinking again.” she muttered to herself.

“Aspirin’s on the table.” A voice said. She snapped her head and saw Garrett sitting on the other couch.

She reached forward and downed the advil, then looked back at Garrett. “What happened?” she asked.

“That wasted, were you?” Garrett smirked. Cappie threw a pillow at him, but he dodged it. “Hey! If anything, I should be the mad one.” Cappie rolled her eyes knowing she was about to get the overprotective brother lecture. “Seriously, Cappie! What the hell were you thinking? You never drink! Did you even think about what could happen?” he was hovering over her. “Just a little more alcohol and you could have died!”

“Yeah, it was stupid.” Cappie retorted. “I get it.”

“No, Cappie,” he never called her by her name unless he was pissed or seriously concerned. She was beginning to feel bad. “you don’t get it. You could have DIED!” he made sure to emphasize the last sentence.

She was crying silently now. “I’m sorry.” Garrett sighed and then felt bad for making her cry. He pulled her up and hugged her. Big brother, little sister moment. She pulled away and dried her tears. “Thanks for taking care of me last night.”

Garrett pulled away and let out a laugh. Cappie gave him a confused look. “I didn’t.” She peered at him closely, scared of who he was gonna say did. “Kennedy did.”

“Fuck!” she cursed. Anybody but him.

“He’s the one you need to thank.” Garrett said, heading towards the door. He stopped and turned back around to look at her. “Oh, and apologize too. You kind of puked on him.” Cappie grimaced, knowing that it couldn’t have been pretty.

Jamie then came through the door. He looked livid. Staring straight at Cappie he said, “Good, you’re up. We need to talk.” After he said that, he left. Cappie and Garrett looked at each before leaving the room.

Cappie sat down in front of Jaime. She kept her head low, knowing what she did was wrong. Jamie lectured and yelled, making Cappie’s hangover worse, but she knew she deserved it. Jamie stood in front of her again after pacing and sighed. “My first instinct was to fire you.” he said sternly. “And I should.” Cappie nodded weakly. This was it. She was going to get fired from the best job she has ever had. All because she got embarrassed. “But I’m not going to do that.” She looked up at him confused, her mouth hanging slightly open. “Sales have gone up since I hired you. We’re starting to get recognition.” He held out his finger in front of her. “But if you ever do that again, you will be fired.”

A smile crept on her face, causing him to smile. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” she squealed, jumping up and hugging him.

“Don’t thank me.” Jamie said, pulling away from her. “Thank Kennedy. He’s the one that practically begged for you to keep your job.” Cappie grimaced at his name again. It seems as though she was going to be thanking from for a lot today.

After changing into a fresh pair of clothes and downing a couple dozen more advil, Cappie grabbed her oversized sunglasses and stepped outside. She praised herself for grabbing them for the sun was exceptionally bright today. She set off in the direction of The Maine’s bus. The sooner she talked to Kennedy the better.

After silently humming The Academy Is… in her head and bobbing and weaving through the crowd, she was able to spot their van. Kennedy was sitting in the doorway of the van, with his legs dangling out. He was alone, which made Cappie even more nervous. She steadied herself and walked over.

Kennedy didn’t notice her until she sat next to him. He looked up at her expectantly and curiously. Butterflies were both in the pit of their stomachs. He wanted so badly for things to go back to how they used to be. By now they would be in the back of the van, making out.

“Hi,” she said quietly, bringing her knees to her chest. She was playing with her toes through her flip-flops, trying to avoid contact.

“Hey,” he croaked. He was so nervous more so than he should have been.

“Uhm…” This was harder than she thought it would be. “Thank you…for last night.” she finally managed to say.

He looked at her stunned. She was thanking him. Was he in the twilight zone? “No problem,” he said, once he found his voice again.

“And thank you for saving my job.”

“I know how much you like it.”

“Yeah, I do. A lot.”

Silence again.

“And I’m sorry for throwing up on you…did I really puke on you?”

“Yeah,” he said, scratching the back of his neck. He started laughing, which started to make her laugh. “All down my back.”

“Ew.” she giggled. The laughing died down and she turned serious. She was about to do what she never thought she would. “I’m sorry I’ve been a bitch to you.”

“I deserved it.”

“No, well yes. I mean…” Cappie took a deep breath. Why was this so hard? “I’m putting a peace offering on the table here. Take it or leave it.”

Was this really happening? Kennedy was radiating ebullience. “I’m definitely taking it.”

“Okay, good.” She gave him a small smile. Kennedy felt his heart soar. She hadn’t smiled at him in so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I know you love this, lol.

I've posted Cade's story, make sure you check it out. It's Nasty Habits.

Now feedback!!!