Eight Days A Week

Undressing the Words

Cade and Cappie sat in the heat of the blistering sun at the merch tent. Cade looked out of it, staring off into the distance. Cappie on the other hand still wore the biggest smile on her face since starting. She'd met so many of her favorite musicians so far. This was by far the best job she's ever had. The business was moderate today, not to slow and not too busy. Automatic Loveletter was playing only a few yards away, so they were enjoying the music as well.

“You okay?” Cappie asked, looking at Cade with a mix of weird and concern, as she took a sip of her water.

“Hmm?” she snapped out of her trance. “Oh fine…I just…I found some porn on Dave’s laptop last night.”

Cappie’s water spewed out of her mouth. “Wow, I bet that ruins your ego in bed.”

“We don’t have sex.” Cade said, as Cappie looked at her incredously. “What? We made a vow to stay celibate until marriage.”

“That explains why he’s looking at the porn.”

“Jimmie said it was his.” Cade snapped.

“Chill, okay?” Cappie said, stepping down. “I didn’t know.” Cade took a deep breath. It was silent for awhile. “No sex? Like seriously?”

Cade laughed. “Yeah, ya little slut.”

Cappie faked a gasp, putting her hand over her heart dramatically. “I have only had sex with one guy, thank you.”

“Who?” Cade watched Cappie as she began to silently fume. She was staring at something. Her eyes were narrowing. Cade followed her gaze. The boy from yesterday that Cappie had walked away from was walking up. She could feel the hostility in the air.

“What do you want?” She growled at him once he reached the table.

“Relax,” Kennedy looked at her with pleading eyes. “I just came to buy a shirt.” Cappie snatched his money, not bothering to ask which one he wanted. She grabbed a shirt from the box and threw it at him.

“Bye.” she snapped.

“Caps,” he begged.

“Bye!” He looked at her one last time before walking off. Cade watched him sadly. Then it clicked in her head.

“Oh my god! It was him!” She said, like she had just solved a Rubik’s cube.

Cappie looked at her alarmed and confused. “What?”

“You lost your virginity to him.” Cappie remained silent. “So then why do you hate him instead of being attached to him?”

Cappie sighed. “Kennedy and I dated all through high school. Completely in love with each other. We lost our virginity to each other during junior prom. Most awkward moment in my life.” She laughed a little to herself. “After we graduated, we all went to party. I told him not to drink. He told me to stop nagging and of course he got drunk. Then I caught him with another girl.”

“Ouch.” Cade shuddered to think about what would happen between her and Dave if that happened. “You still love him.”

“NO!” Cappie said.

“Then why so defensive?”

“Because it’s not true.”

“All I’m saying is that you wouldn’t hate him if you were over it.” Cade stood up. “Face it, it’s more than just a grudge you’re holding onto.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh? What do you guys think about that?
Filler, but I like it.
I like this story, no joke.
Do you?
Then tell me.
feedback is grand.