Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Falling.

SOPHIA P.O.V:
I came back downstairs dressed in a grey v-neck top, a pair of loose shorts, tube socks scrunched down by my ankles and the same giant cardigan from before. I found Jack mumbling on his phone and sat cross legged on the floor in front of my shoe closet.

“Soapie, what are you doing?” Jack asked coming over and noting my picking up shoes then putting them back in.

“I’m looking for my moccasins, they’re basically the comfiest shoes ever.”

“I see.” He laughed. “I have to head back to the studio to get the guys, you going to meet us there or back at the house?”

“Umm, probably house. Should I pick up some dinner? It’s almost five so I’m guessing everyone’s going home to eat.”

“Yes please!” Jack squealed. “I’m so hungry! Here, take this.” He said pulling out his visa.

“No way, I got this. It’s the least I can do after I made you listen to all my problems.”

“Thanks, but seriously Soapie- I didn’t mind at all.” Jack smiled and ruffled my messily tied back hair as he headed to the door.

“Bye Jack! I’ll call when I’m close.”

“Later Soapie.” He called walking out the door. I finally found my little moccasin loafers and put them on. I continued to sit on the floor thinking. What am I doing? I shouldn’t be going over there. They all know I just walked out of recording today. I leaned back and was lying on the floor staring at my ceiling. Maybe I should just call and cancel. No I can’t do that, I promised Hannah, and told Jack I’d bring dinner for everyone. I rolled over and picked up my blackberry sitting beside me along with my wallet and keys. I re-opened Alex’s text from before and re-reading it over and over. He wanted me to come over. At least that’s what kept telling myself.

I finally pulled myself off the floor and grabbed the movie, along with my belongings. I locked up and made my way to my lexus hybrid. I slipped in waving goodbye to the security guards and drove off. I went to pick up some food from a little bistro I used to go to in West Hollywood. It wasn’t a “hot spot” but the owners were complete sweethearts and their cooking was phenomenal.

“Sophia!” One of the owners beamed.

“Hi Mrs. DiMarco.” I smiled at the elderly lady.

“Darling, I told you to call me Marie.” She scowled walking over to engulf me into a hug and planting a kiss on my cheek. “Every time I see you, you look more and more beautiful. How have you been sweetie?”

“Thank you! I’ve been... alright.” I lied. “How about yourself? And where’s Mr. DiMarco?” I asked looking around for her husband.

“Oh Paul, he’s with the grandchildren today. He took them to the park down the block.” She smiled at the thought. “Are you sure you’re alright sweetie, you don’t seem like yourself.” Her smile fading into a worried frown. “You look so thin. Have you been eating properly?”

“Of course Marie. It’s just been a stressful week, nothing to worry about.” I forced a smile.

“Alright sweetie, have a seat. Should I prepare your favourite?”

“Yes please, thank you Marie, but I’m actually going to need about six of those.” I giggled.

“Oh my, I see you’re quite hungry then.” She smiled.

“I’m seeing some friends, I offered to bring dinner. I know they would just love your food.”

“Oh I see. I’ll get started right away.” She said putting on her apron and heading into the back to start preparing the food.

“How was France sweetie? You just got back a few weeks ago didn’t you?” Marie called from the kitchen. I could already smell the spices she was using to season the potatoes.

Marie and I caught up exchanging travel stories as she prepared the food. She is an amazing lady, she treats all of her customers as if they were guests in her own home. I swear this woman treats me like her own daughter, she’s absolutely phenomenal. She says that she doesn’t mind that her bistro is not a ‘popular’ place to eat where they need a guest list and require reservations. She says she is perfectly content with the regulars who come in and have grown to become friends, as well as the people in the area who drop in for a casual lunch or snack and the steady business of it all.

I paid for the meals and said goodbye to Marie. I walked out Marie’s bistro and towards my car. I put the food in the passenger’s side when I heard a voice.

“So you’re dating him now?”

“E-Evan? What are you--”

“C’mon Soph, you know exactly what I’m talking about.” He sighed holding up a tabloid cover.

“I didn’t cheat on you, if that’s what you’re asking.” I said closing the passenger door and coming around to the driver’s side beside the sidewalk.

“I know you didn’t, you wouldn’t do that. Even if I did deserve it.”

“Then, what is it?”

“Are you dating him?” His voice lowered to almost a whisper as he took a step closer.

“That’s none of your business.” I quietly responded keeping my head low, and eyes fixed on the inches of ground between Evan’s feet and my own.

“Soph...” He said advancing again, this time placing my hands with in his own.

“Evan, we’re broken up. Why should it matter if I am or am not seeing someone?”

“Because...”

“Because what?” I said finally mustering up the courage to look at him.

“Because I still love you.”

“Evan, don’t...” I quickly averted my eyes back to the ground.

“But I do! Please babe, tell me you’re don’t like him like that.”

“Evan...”

“Please, just tell me again, that you two are just friends.”

“Evan, I...I-I can’t.” Even though Alex and I weren’t dating, I knew that on my part of our friendship, we couldn’t be just friends. I could have denied it, spared Evan from the truth and told him there was nothing going on with Alex, that I didn’t have feelings for him, but what was the point? Evan would see right through it. We stood in silence, and I could feel my heart racing in anticipation for Evan’s response.

“Okay Soph,” He said finally taking his hands away from my own but remaining just as close. “I get it.”

I kept my head low and eyes on the ground but Evan lifted my face so I could look him in the eye. His face showed no trace of anger, only hurt. I bit my lip, I knew by the look on his face that I actually hurt him. After all the pain he caused me, I managed to do the same with my lack of words. Most would probably relish in the moment of hurting the one who hurt them, but in that moment, I felt nothing but sadness.

“I was an idiot to let you go.” He finally spoke. “He’s lucky you’d even look twice at him, I know I was.”

“Evan, that’s not true.”

“Sophia, you’re amazing in every single way. You don’t give yourself enough credit. I really am sorry, for everything.” Evan leaned in and kissed my forehead. “I hope he makes you happy and that maybe, you and I could be friends again.”

With that Evan kissed my forehead one last time his lips lingering there before walking away. I didn’t need to tell him I liked Alex, Evan could read me like a book. Whether I’d admit it to another soul aside from Jack and Rian, I like Alex Gaskarth. A lot.

----------

ALEX P.O.V:

Sophia never called back, or even sent a text. I sat on the couch of our house watching Hannah run around with Zack waiting for Sophia to come over. Fuck, how am I supposed to break the news to Hannah when Sophia doesn’t show up. She’ll be devastated, Hannah was already upset when Sophia was missing today. Fuck my life! How did I manage to screw this up? Oh well that’s because I am Alex fucking Gaskarth, I can basically screw up any situation. I stared down at my contacts on my iphone again. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately, oh right, that’s because I’m such a big fucking pussy who can’t even press the send call button.

It was after 6 and I was starved. Jack got off the phone and plopped down on to the couch beside me.

“Where’s the food man, I’m fuc-- freaking hungry.”

“Chill man, like five minutes.” He said stealing my phone from my hands. “Still hung up on Soapie?”

“I think she hates me.” I laughed bitterly at the thought.

“Nah man, she totally loves you.” Jack said with a lisp trying to be funny.

“You’re so weird man.”

“Yeah whatever.”

“So what are we having anyways?”

“It, umm, its a surprise?” He asked more than said.

I was about to comment on Jack’s behavior when the doorbell rang. The two of us got up and I opened the door. My mouth basically hit the ground when I opened it.

“S-Sophia?!” I choked out. She stood there with a small smile on her face holding up bags of food.

“Hey, Jack said it was okay to just show up. I hope that’s okay.”

“Surprise!” Jack squealed. I took the food from Sophia’s arms and shoved them over to him.

“Of course its okay.” I grinned stupidly as I engulfed her in a hug. “I thought you were gonna bail.”

“Alex, Alex I-I can’t breathe!” She coughed out.

“Shit.” I quickly loosened my grip on her tiny frame and laughed nervously. “Sorry Soph. I was.. ugh... just really happy to see you.”

“It’s okay. I’m glad to hear that, I thought you’d be mad at me, because of earlier...” She said before shifting her weight awkwardly from foot to foot.

“Soph, I was never mad, I was worried.” I smiled down at her. A small smile formed on her lips and she pulled back into the hug.

“Hey Hannah, look who’s here!” Jack yelled from the kitchen.

“SOPHIE!” Hannah squealed from behind before running towards us and quickly attaching her little arms around Sophia’s legs.

“Hey cutie pie.” Sophia giggled.

“Sophie,” Hannah called, looking up with big eyes.

“Hmmm, what is it Han?”

“You’re not allowed to leave early anymore, okay?” Hannah finished, her eyes wide with anticipation for Sophia’s answer.

“Okay sweetie.” Sophia continued smiled as she picked up Hannah. “Let’s have some dinner now. I don’t know about you, but I’m starved.”

----------

“Soph, where’d you get this? It’s so good!” Zack mumbled in between chewing his food.

“I got it from a friend’s Bistro, I can give you the name and address later if you like.”

“Please!”

We all sat scattered around the house eating away. Keith was by the kitchen eating as he argued with someone over his phone. Matt was on his Macbook working out some scheduling on the dining table with all his papers sprawled on everywhere. Rian was in his room on the phone, probably with Kara, leaving Zack, Jack, Sophia, Hannah and I in the living room eating on the couches. We ate with minimal conversation, probably because no one wanted to accidently bring up why Sophia left the studio earlier today.

“Yo, Gaskarth! Let us in!” Someone called from the back door.

“Who’s that?” Sophia asked as she finished her dinner.

“They’re some friends in the Friday Night Boys.” I informed her as Jack opened the door. She made an ‘O’ shape with her mouth then drew her attention back to Hannah pulling on the sleeve of her giant sweater.

“Sophie, can we watch the movie now, please?”

“Sure thing, is that alright Alex?”

“Yeah--”

“Gaskarth, Merrick, hey Hannah.” Andrew smiled ruffling her hair earning a giggle from Hannah. “Oh hello beautiful, I don’t think we’ve met.” He smirked towards Sophia who just laughed nervously.

“Hey, I’m Sophia.” She said back extending her hand, which he gladly took kissing it instead of shaking it.

“Andrew.”

“So Andrew, what’s up?” I asked him a bit bitterly, with jealousy running through my veins as I watched him check out Sophia the entire time.

“Dude, it’s friday night, which means party!”

“Right...”

“Maybe Sophia here will be kind enough to join us?”

“Oh, I-I can’t. I promised Hannah we’d watch a movie.”

“Shame, raincheck then?” Andrew said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at her.

“We’ll see.” She laughed.

“Daddy, can we watch the movie now?” Hannah chimed in crawling onto my lap.

“Sure baby, let’s get you ready for bed first. After the movie you’re going straight to bed, okay?”

“But daddy! Sophie’s over...”

“Hannah, it’s gonna be late.”

“But daddy.” Hannah pouted. I know Hannah’s only two and a half, but seriously, where did she learn the power of a pout? I was about to cave until Sophia spoke.

“Hannah, how about after the movie I read you a story before bed?” Sophia winked saving me from caving or saying no to Hannah.

“Yay!” Hannah said wrapping her little arm around my neck as I stood up carrying her to upstairs to get ready.

----------

I helped Hannah change into her pj’s and brushed her teeth. I got her ready for bed in record time, probably because this time Hannah was actually co-operating. Usually she’d be running around all hyper but tonight she was eager to get ready since Sophia was waiting downstairs to watch a movie with her. While I folded Hannah’s clothes she jumped onto the bed and grabbed her stuffed elephant and blanket, and just as quickly as she hopped onto the bed, she jumped off.

I gave Hannah a piggy back ride downstairs and found everyone was outside.

“...so basically you it’s like table tennis except you aim for a cup when you serve?” Sophia clarified.

“Don’t tell me you’ve never played beer pong before?” Andrew asked towering behind Sophia’s shoulder.

“No, I actually don’t like beer.” She giggled.

“You don’t drink?” Zack piped in.

“Oh I do, I just don’t like beer. I prefer hard liquor.”

“Well since you’re here, I insist you play a round.” Andrew smirked as he eyed Sophia. The jealousy from earlier pulsed inside me as I held Hannah and joined them.

“I shouldn’t. I’d loose so badly, plus I’m driving tonight.”

“Damn, looks like that’s another raincheck you owe me.” Andrew smirked widely as his eyes were fixed on Sophia’s cleavage. Despite the insane jealousy, I couldn’t blame the guy, I would too, hell I am now.

“Maybe... Oh Alex, Hannah!” Sophia chirped as she saw us. “Are we ready to watch now?”

“Yes!” Hannah called.

“Okay sweetheart, let’s go inside.” Sophia said as she walked ahead of me to open the door.

I popped the DVD in and the three of us along with Rian watched Kung Foo Panda. Hannah was definitely enjoying it, she sat comfortably wrapped in her blanket in between Sophia and I, while Rian sat in the lazy boy. About thirty minutes into the movie the guys coaxed Rian to join them outside leaning Hannah, Sophia and myself inside. Not long after Hannah fell asleep leaning against Sophia.

“What should we do?” She whispered stroking Hannah’s blonde hair.

“I guess I should tuck her in...” I whispered back gently picking up Hannah so I wouldn’t disturb her sleep.

“Can I...” Sophia started as I stood up holding Hannah in my arms. “could I go with you?” She finished, her voice small, as if she was afraid I’d say no.

“Sure.”

We navigated around the dark house and made our way up the stairs quietly. Without any words said, Sophia pulled open the comforter and fluffed Hannah’s pillow preparing where Hannah would sleep. I place Hannah on the bed and pulled the comforter over her before kissing her forehead and whispering goodnight. Sophia lingered beside the bed stroking Hannah’s hair.

“She’s perfect.” Sophia stated breathlessly, her eyes fixed on Hannah’s sleeping figure.

“She adores you, you know?” I spoke standing behind Sophia and whispering the words into her ear. I don’t know what came over me, maybe the darkness of the room grew me some balls to act but my body just reacted. I felt her tense up against me initially, but she quickly relaxing under my touch. My arms were fastened around her waist and I pulled her back into my chest, holding her as close as she would let me. Sophia fit perfectly into my arms, and our bodies stood together as if nothing else mattered. She tilted her head back and rested it on my shoulder. I could smell her peach fragrance off her exposed neck and it was intoxicating on the highest form of pleasure. Every ounce in my body was restraining me from kissing her exposed flesh. If she doesn’t start being more careful around me, I don’t think I’ll be able to hold back next time. After all my failed relationships and dealing with Jenna, whether I’m ready to admit it or not, I’m falling for Sophia Bendeth, and fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this took over a week to get out. School is a bitch! D;
My essay due today got pushed back two weeks, so I wrote this instead of working on it. <3

What do you think?

Links:
Sophia's outfit