Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Hate.

SOPHIA P.O.V:

My back hit the mattress and I sprawled out across my soft comforters in my pajamas. Echoes of giggles escaped my lips as I heard Alex’s voice continue to speak. He was currently recapping one of the countless Jack stories that had happened throughout the day. Breaking my giggles, came a fit of coughs. Over the week it seems my allergies had been acting up leading to my withstanding fever. Most likely hay fever. I had been burning up for the past two days and it seemed the fever wasn’t letting up. 



“Soph? Soph... you okay?” Alex’s voice cooed through the phone.

“I think I’m okay now.” I said seconds before a few more coughs bellowed out from my throat. “Okay, now I think I’m alright.”

“You didn’t see the doctor today did you?”

“...” I remained silent knowing Alex would catch me even if I did lie or try to cover up the fact that I indeed did not visit my doctor today.

“Soph!” Alex whined. “You’re not going to get better if you don’t go see him err... or her.”

“Her. And I don’t like going to the doctors.” I complained.

“Then how do you expect to get better, love?” He countered and through the tone of his voice, I could picture a smirk forming on his lips.

“The old fashioned way... with rest, herbs and tea?”

“Soph...” Alex whined again. “As much as doctors suck, you should go. I want you to get better.”

“I will get better... just without the ‘help’ of a doctor. Besides I’m feeling better than I was yesterday.” I lied. I wasn’t feeling better, I felt the same if not worst. I started feeling light headed due to the fevers and had been up most nights from the hot-and-cold flashes... but Alex didn’t need to know that. He and the guys had been worrying about me all week and I felt bad for causing such a fuss. Its allergy season so this was bound to happen.

Before Alex could respond or start to lecture me about getting the proper medication, I heard the door bell ring.

“Hey Alex, hold on a minute there’s someone at the door.” I said setting the phone down on my dining table as I swapped it for a kleenex. I rubbed my runny nose with the soft piece of tissue as I sneezed again and again. I didn’t bother looking through the peep-hole to check who it was since I automatically assumed it was Lana since I couldn’t think of anyone else who would show up at my condo after midnight. I pulled the door open and stood behind it waiting for Lana to waltz right in. Instead, my mouth dropped when it wasn’t Lana but another person who walked through the door.

“Surprise?!”

“ALEX!” I practically yelled as I shoved the door closed before jumping on him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and attacked him with a hug.

“Glad to see you missed me.” He laughed wrapping his arms around me, suspending me from the ground as he spun me around lightly.

“I know I’m sick but I don’t care. I’m so happy to see you!” I admitted as I nuzzled my face into his neck after leaving a quick kiss on his cheek.

“Soph-- oh shit.” He paused as he lifted me up and sat me on top of the marble countertop of the kitchen’s island. Alex stood in between my legs as he brushed his hand over my cheek and rested on my forehead for a moment. “Love, you’re burning up. I thought you said you were getting better?”

“I-I just didn’t want you to worry.”

“See I thought you’d do something like that, which is why I’m here.” Alex smirked holding up a brown paper bag with a medical sign on it. “I knew you wouldn’t see a doctor so I stopped by the pharmacy and picked up medicine for you.”

I nodded with my head down having heat rise to my cheeks. I drew circles onto the marble and chewed on the inside of my cheek hoping that would stop the flustered blush on my already rosey cheeks.

Alex stood beside the sink as he rinsed a small yellow face towel he pulled out of brown paper bag. He ran the cold water over the towel allowing it to become completely drenched before turning off the tap and ringing out the water. Alex came back over to my resting position on the island counter resuming his place between my legs as he gently patted the refreshing towel over my forehead.
“Alex. Where’s Hannah?” I asked as he started leave a trail of dabs from my forehead to my cheeks.

“Hannah,” Alex paused as he blew cool air onto my face in hopes of cooling me down.

“Is with Kara and the guys.” He paused again. “I couldn’t bring her here with you sick and all.” Alex teased as he continued to blow cool air onto my face.

“Alex?” I asked putting my hands over his so he would stop for a minute to look at me. “D-did you come all the way here to take care of me?”

Alex bowed his head down bashfully as he nodded. A small smile played across my face while I let go of Alex’s hands and thanked him quietly. Alex turn around and made his way back to the sink to rinse the warm towel with cold water.

“But Alex what about recording?” I asked as a pang of guilt washed over from causing Alex and the guys so much trouble. “As much as I appreciate you being here, shouldn’t you be at Butch’s studio working?”

“Well, I finished my part of recording today. Rian and Zack are tracking for the next three days so technically I’m on break until I start tracking again on Friday.” Alex finished as he began to pat the refreshed towel over my forehead again.

“Plus, I missed your cute face. Two weeks is a long time without you.” Alex finished with a smile tugging on his lips.

“Its only been a week and a half.” I giggled both from Alex’s reasoning and from the cool air he was blowing along my jawline just below my ear.

“Same thing.” He rolled his eyes. “Point is, love. I missed you.”

I looked down again, gnawing on my bottom lip hoping the evident blush on my cheeks wasn’t noticeable due to the fluster of the fever. With just a few simple words Alex managed to have me weak in the knees. Such a typical Alex move, and he probably doesn’t even realize it.

Alex put down the towel on the countertop beside me. He then pushed his forehead to my own and one of his free hands made its way behind my head while the other was on my hip.

“Its late Soph, you’re not going to get any better if you don’t rest.” His gaze was low as he left his forehead pressed again my own. Shivers crept under my burning skin as Alex’s breath tickled my collar bone.

Alex scooped me up carrying me towards my bedroom despite my effort to convince him that I was sick not immobile. He pulled the comforter off with me still in his arms before placing me in the bed. As he pulled the thin layer over me he said, “This should keep you warm through the night, don’t pull the other covers over you or you’ll make the fever worst.”

“Thanks Alex.” I whispered sitting up slightly as I placed a kiss on my finger tips before reaching over and placing them on Alex’s cheek.

“You’re welcome Soph.” He grinned mimicking my actions. “Umm, if its alright I’ll use you’re guest bedroom?”

I grabbed Alex hand and held it within my own before he could leave. “Stay here.”

The words escaped my mouth before I could realize I said them out loud. I fumbled my words as my face began to heat up even more as I tried to fix the mess I just made. “I just. Umm, well. The guest room. It’s umm... messy. Yeah. S-so it’s n-not ready.”

“I could just crash on the couch if--”

“Oh n-no! I’d feel terrible!” I cut him off. “Just, umm... s-stay here?”

“Here?”

“Umm yeah. Stay with me?”

“Love, are you trying to seduce me.” Alex smirked as wiggled his dark eyebrows while he kneeled beside my bed and pushed my bangs out of my face.

“Alex!”

“Kidding love. Kidding.”

----------

ALEX P.O.V

I sat on Sophia’s couch as she laid against me in a light slumber. I stroked her soft dark brown hair and brushed my hands lightly over her forehead so she wouldn’t stir while I checked her temperature. Her fever had been calming down and was almost gone, and it was about time. Squire practically banned Sophia from going to work since he found out she wasn’t getting any better, and it was a good thing too. Now that Sophia was finally getting rest and feeling healthier.

The low murmur from the television screen was the only noise opposing that of the light breathing escaping Sophia’s lips. A sun-kissed glow filled the room through the cracks in between the curtains and illuminated Soph’s condo with natural light. Everything was tranquil as Sophia began to stir against my chest before her eye lids fluttered open.

“Mmmm, you’re comfy.” Sophia mused, her voice slightly hoarse from just waking up.

“Is that why you’re always falling asleep on me?”

“Of course.”

“I know you just woke up, but its almost 7, how about some diner?”

“That’d be great.” She yawned raising her arms and stretching them out. “Let’s go out for diner tonight.”

“Whatever you want love.”

----------

“What did Hannah say?” Soph asked, her jade eyes swimming with curiosity.

“Kara’s been keeping her busy and Sebastian is being... well Sebastian. She also said that all the guys are spoiling her and Zack tried to teach her how to play beach volley ball--”

“With a real volley ball?!” Sophia cut in, her worry evident in her voice.

“No, no.” I laughed. “With an inflatable beach ball.”

Sophia nodded as she placed her hand over her chest where her heart would be.

“Oh, and Hannah asked, that since you’re better if she is allowed to see you.” I laughed. Hannah wanted to come with me when I left Malibu to visit Soph, but couldn’t since Sophia was sick. The last thing I wanted was for Hannah to get sick as well. It took a long time to convince Hannah that she couldn’t come with me, but she finally came around once I told her she’d be able to visit Soph or vice versa once Sophia was better.

Sophia nodded as she chewed on her meal before setting her fork down and glancing solemnly towards the street through the silky curtains of Beso. “I miss her.”

“She misses you too.”

“Mmm, I wish I wasn’t sick so that she could have visited.” Sophia frowned picking up her fork again and pushing her food around on her plate as she sighed. “I’ll try visiting this weekend, but my dad is coming back from New York so... I’ll have to see.”

I nodded looking down at my meal, playing with it the same way Sophia did.

“I hate this.” She blurted out.

“Hate what?”

“This.” She insisted. “I hate that we have to schedule to see each other. That I don’t get to see you everyday. And that I can’t stop by your place on a whim to play with Hannah and tuck her into bed with you before I go home. I hate... I hate. That you’re gone.”

I watched as Sophia chewed on her bottom lipstick stained lip with her head hung low. Her food remained untouched with the fork sitting on the corner of the plate while her hands lied on her lap fidgeting with the hem of her cocktail dress.

“Soph, I’m not gone, I’m here.”

“You’re here now. But tomorrow you’re leaving again, and I don’t know when I’ll get to see you before you guys pack up and leave California.”

“I know.” I frowned, bowing my head. I didn’t know what to say because the words I’ve been dying to tell her, would only bring her more heartache.

After a few minutes of silence Sophia spoke again. “I’m sorry.”

I looked up giving her a questioning stare, waiting in anticipation for her response.

“I’m such a downer. I’m going to shut up now so we can attempt to salvage this diner, since I clearly ruined--”

“Soph.” I said cutting her off earning a curious gaze. I laughed, “Shut up.”

She knew I was kidding, and instantly her bright smile found itself back on her lips. We quickly changed topics while continuing to finish our diner. The two of us were now waiting for the check as I just finished promising Sophia I’d call Squire and tell him that she was feeling better and that he could let her come back to work the day after tomorrow.

“You better!” She giggled. “Its my job to be there and you, Mr. Gaskarth have been keeping me captive at home the past two days.”

“Hey, its not my fault Squire banned you from the--, oh wait... it kinda is.” I chuckled. “But only because you’re a workaholic and weren’t getting the proper rest to get better.”

“Am not!” She gasped. “But thanks Alex, because now I’m feeling a lot better.”

“Anything for you love.”

The waiter reappeared with the check and I signed the receipt after he swiped my visa. Sophia thanked me for the meal bitterly after the waiter took my credit card instead of hers.

“Next time, I’m paying.” Sophia pouted standing up straightening out her dress.

“Fine.” I joked tucking in her chair which I had just pulled out for her. “Awe common, love. Smile.”

Sophia flashed me a sarcastic smile before giggling and a real one emerged on her porcelain face. “Who am I kidding, I can’t be mad at you.” She smiled placing her hand in my own leading the way out of the crowded restaurant. Sophia toyed with my hand like she usually did and I couldn’t help but smile at the small gesture. We just passed the bar and were almost at the exit when we heard a voice.

“Alex?!” A female voice called.

Sophia and I paused after hearing my name and turned around to find the owner of the voice. My mouth fell to the floor as I gazed up at the blonde standing in front of me. I completely froze, she was the last person I expected to see, let alone be the one calling me and not the other way around.

“Alex, who's that?” Sophia asked squeezing my hand in her petite one gently to regain my attention.

“She.” I breathed closing my eyes for a second. “Is Jenna. Hannah’s mother.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sketchyyyy O:

Links:
pajamas