Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Night.

All week I’ve been recording with All Time Low and Hannah had become my little assistant. I grew to adore her, and her father. At lunch earlier this week I found out Alex was Hannah’s father, when I found out I felt stupid for not realizing how similar the two looked. She had his lips, and eyes for sure, and I’m pretty sure his nose too. I also learned Hannah didn’t have a mother, I could tell it was a touchy subject for Alex so I dropped it at that and apologized for being invasive. He told me I wasn’t being intrusive but he’d tell me when he was ready, and when Hannah wasn’t around.

It was now Friday and I was in the studio with Hannah sitting on my lap as we all listening to the raw versions of the songs while making last minute adjustments before we record the real thing.

As Hannah sat on my lap listening to her dad’s voice sing through the speakers, I played with her semi-long blonde hair stroking it and combing it down with my fingers. Even though I knew Hannah wasn’t my daughter, I couldn’t stop treating her like one. I guess it was maternal instinct or the fact that my mother left my father and I at the age of five that was possessing me to do so. I understood what it was like growing up without a mother so I tried to give Hannah as much love as possible, even if it was just for the next couple of weeks, I knew she would need this- I did too.

Throughout the week I’ve become attached to Hannah and began to befriend some of the boys. Jack is crazy, but in the best possible way. He always found a way to put a smile on my face. Zack is shy, still is. He keeps to himself most of the time and I respect that. Rian is a complete sweetheart; he jokes around and is always pleasant to be around with his infectious smile. Alex is well, Alex. Anyone with eyes can see he loves Hannah and has so much passion for what he does. I respect him a lot for being the amazing father he is to Hannah, even though he doubts himself most of the time. Matt stares at me, and it kind of creeps me out, but he’s nice-- to me anyways, to the boys I sometimes find it hard to tell if he’s joking or is serious when he acts like a drill sergeant.

I looked over to Alex still absentmindedly stroking Hannah’s hair while she started to drift to sleep. He was playing his guitar working out some of the bridges. The corners of his lips perked up into a grin as he kept playing. I kept admiring him from the track-board table when I caught myself staring. Embarrassed, I turned away to find Jack inches away from my face staring at me.

I let out a small shriek trying not to scare Hannah, even though Jack scared the life out of me.

‘Jack!’ I scolded in a hushed tone. ‘Never do that again!’

‘but Soapieee.’ Jack pouted.

‘Sophia.’ I corrected.

‘I know but I need a nick name for you and until I can think of a good one, I’m calling you Soapie.’ he said proudly.

‘oh Jack...’ I sighed.

‘So whatcha staring at?’ he winked. A small amount of heat rushed to my face making me flustered.

‘Nothing, I-I.. was just spacing out, that’s all.’

‘liar.’ he accused

‘I’m serious.’

‘No you’re not.’

‘Jack!’ I whined.

‘Soapie!’ he mocked. I rolled my eyes and focused back on the tracking board.

‘Soapie!’ Jack called again so I turned towards him.

‘iloveyou,’ he said quickly, kissed my cheek and ran off yelling. I laughed, I was getting used to Jack’s immature antics and signs of affection. Trust me a kiss on the cheek is nothing, its when you’re working and he comes up smothering you in a hug and refusing to let go no matter how awkward the two of you look or imaginarily grinding against things and people, now that is when he gets a bit weird. I giggled when I heard Jack singing his own version of Katy Perry’s I kissed a Girl.

‘I kissed a girl and I liked it,

the taste of Sophie is.. tastic?

I kissed Sophie and she liked it,

the taste of her is fantastic’ he improvised.

‘Jack I’m so glad I got that on video.’ Matt laughed. ‘Now we have something to put up with the video of you dancing around the house.’

‘Shut up Matt, I have the sickest dance moves. I mean common what do you think won over Soapie here.’ Jack winked at me. I simply laughed; I mean what else could I do.

----------

It was quarter to nine when we emptied the studio. I waited for everyone to leave and locked up. I was heading to my car when my phone went off. I dug through my purse and checked the caller ID. Evan. I had been dodging him all week, telling him how I just got back to work and was swamped, but now it was Friday night, I couldn’t avoid him any longer.

‘Hello?’

‘Babe, I’ve been calling you all day, did you have your phone on silent again?’ He questioned sceptically.

‘Yeah sorry, I guess Hannah must have changed the settings when she was playing with my phone again.’ I giggled remembering how fascinated Hannah is with my stuff. ‘So what’s up?’

‘I was thinking, we never had lunch this week, so how about I take you out to dinner. Lana, Nick, Justin and Chris are hitting up Les Deux tonight, they invited us.’ He told me more than asked.

‘Dinner sounds amazing about now, but I’m not sure about Les Deux, you know I don’t like the whole socialite-club scene.’

‘Common babe, it’s just one night to celebrate your homecoming. We’ll just make an appearance, have a drink, and then I’ll take you home.’

‘mmmmm... fine. But only an appearance and you have to promise to take me home when I want to.’ I bargained.

‘Whatever you want babe, I’ll pick you up in 45.’ And with that he hung up.

---------

ALEX P.O.V:

It was now the weekend and to be honest I wasn’t sure how to feel about that. Usually I’d be stoked because I wouldn’t have to wake up early to get Hannah and myself ready to go to the studio. I’d finally get to relax. But this weekend was different, as much as I loved recording, there was something else drawing me to the studio everyday. Or should I say someone. In one short week Sophia managed to wrap Hannah and I around her finger without even trying, or noticing for that matter. Sophia was so proper and lady-like, more so than Hannah’s actual mother. Bitch. Sophia seemed so perfect; correction to me, she is perfect.

Hannah was asleep upstairs and Jack offered to take care of her for the night as he continued his James Bond marathon. From what I remember he’s on movie 7/22 now. Squire and Sophia recommended that since we were in Hollywood for a while we should check out the night life, if there was any town to party it was Hollywood. Rian opted out of going with the rest of us tonight to watch Hannah and to relax. I got ready and the Friday Night Boys, Matt and I were gonna party. Its been a while since I’ve been on the party scene; Hannah had a lot to do with that. I wanted to be a responsible father for her since her mother couldn’t, which meant surrendering my party-king crown.

----------

‘One more round of shots.’ Matt slurred.

‘No way man, I actually want to make it home tonight.’ Andrew joked.

‘I’m down.’ I said. It’s been awhile since I’ve drank this much, and shit my tolerance was out of whack. The bar tender placed two tequila shots in front of us. Three, two, one.

‘blahhhhhhhhh.’ Matt and I choked.

‘Okay, now I’m done.’ Matt huffed out holding his head.

‘Fuck, no more.’ I groaned in accordance.

We were now in our third location for the night. We hit up two bars and were going to a third when Matt and Robbie basically stalked a couple girls inside the club. It was some socialite club from what I remember Mike telling us. How he knew that, I have no idea. I didn’t complain either, the chicks in here were hot! But then again maybe that was the alcohol talking.

‘Dude, seriously I’m done!’ Matt started.

‘Yeah I’m ready to crash.’ Chris agreed.

‘... we going?’ I finally asked.

‘Mike, Robbie and I are gonna party a bit more, we’re gonna stay back.’ Andrew yelled over the music. ‘Plus I’m determined to get her number.’ he laughed pointing to some blonde by the bar.

‘Later man.’ I called walking towards the exit.

I stood outside waiting for a cab by the back exit since Chris and Matt didn’t hear me when I said I was going back with them.

“You promised we wouldn’t stay long, now its 2am!’ I heard a female try to voice yell over the music.

“Babe, it’s a Friday, what’s wrong with you?’ A male voice yelled back.

“I’m tired! You know what; don’t worry about me, its okay I’ll just take a cab home. You stay” the female voice countered her voice getting softer as she stepped further away from the club.

“Babe...”

“Its fine, really, tell the others I say bye.”

“You sure?” the male gave up

“Positive. Night” the female voice said politely.

I pretended not be eavesdropping but when you’re yelling near a back alley of a club, and its 2am- no ones around, it’s hard not to.

The heard the girl’s heels clacking against the pavement making it evident she was coming closer. By reflex I checked her out from the corner of my eye. From what I could see she wore a tight green dress that hugged her perfectly. The dress had no straps and was cut maybe two or three inches under her nice ass. Her hair was pulled back sloppily into a bun and she held her slim self tightly from the cold. Her back was turned towards me until she started pacing. She finally turned around and though it was dark I thought I saw a faintly familiar face. That or I was dreaming of her again.

“Sophia?”
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooo...
I hope you enjoyed it. (:

Links:
Girl's outfit