Blinded

Insults

I can hear someone move. I just keep sitting still with my arms crossed.
I hear a pair of feet land softly on the floor, and then being dragged over the carpeted floor. They’re moving away from me – probably on a hunt for coffee. The footdrags sound light. It’s either Frank or Mikey. Now, I’m not saying that Bob and Ray are fat or anything, I’m just saying Mikey is a skinny shit and Frank is a short shit. And now I’m offending everybody. Well, they left me alone with coffee! They deserve it!
The smell of coffee enters my nose. It’s tempting, but then I remember the straw, and I’d rather live without than drinking it through a straw again!
Okay; that’s a lie. But I just hate coffee through a straw!
I hear another pair of footsteps. They either belong to Ray or Bob. Why? Because they’re fat! Got that? They’re fat, inconsiderate motherfuckers!
Again the footsteps move away from me. People on this bus and their coffee! Fucking addicts.
I hear mumbling, but it’s very short and low. Before I can even try to hear what’s being said by whom, it’s gone. Everyone on this bus are b-people – getting up late and going to bed late. Well, sometimes we do go to bed early. What a rock band, huh?
One more pair of feet hit the floor. For a while, they don’t move. Whoever it is sure is tired – probably rubbing the sleep out of their eyes.
Then soft footsteps can be heard. They’re moving away from me. Everyone is moving away from me. Is that symbolic for something?
Nah.
I hear mumbling. I can’t make it out – not even who it belonged to. Someone mumbles again.
Then soft footsteps move closer.
I realize I’ve lost my posture, and I tighten my crossed arms over my chest and bring my eyebrows closer together.

“Hey.” Frank’s voice is soft and sweet. I wanna let go of my anger, but I have a standpoint. I hate being ignored. I hate being left behind – especially by my friends. Especially when I’m blind!!
“Why are you pouting?” Pouting? I’m not pouting! I’m mad! I’m angry! He should be able to see that!

“I’m not pouting!” I snarl. Can’t you see that I’m furious?!

“Sorry.” Part of my frown melts a bit. He really sounded sincere. Am I even mad at him?
“Why’re you mad, then?” He sounds worried. Or guilty. Is it really his fault?
Sure it is. It’s all of the guys’ fault! They’ve all just left me! I’m blind and I can’t use my hands! And what do they do? They all just fucking sleep!
I just shake my head – my anger fully back in my frown.
I hear Frank’s footsteps quickly slide over the floor. The couch gives in.
“Oh, you’re not mad? Then why are you happy?” He wraps his arms around my one arm – bringing it out of its tight hold of my chest. My angry face falls again.
“Oh, you’re gonna smile, right? You’re gonna smile! I can see it!” The corner of my mouth that’s away from Frank betrays me and twitches.
“Oh, come on! Just smiiile,” Frank sings into my ear. His voice is actually pretty good.
I smile.
“Yay!!” Frank bounce up and down in victory as he giggles.
“He smiiiled!” My smile grows wider.
Frank stops bouncing, and suddenly I feel something warm against my lips. It isn’t until I feel a slight wet feeling just before the warmth disappears that I realize it was Frank’s lips.
“Come on. There’s coffee soon,” he says, before he gets off the couch and pulls at my arm.
I stay seated.

“I’ll be there. I’m just gonna…sit here. For a little while longer.” Frank stops pulling, and I just know he’s frowning. Then slowly he lets go of my arm.

“Oh. Okay,” he says in a soft and kinda disappointed voice. His soft footsteps slowly move away from me.
I let my eyes move around, but I can’t see a fucking thing. I can’t see any-fucking-thing!
♠ ♠ ♠
Advertisement: Did you read my new one-shot?