Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Don't Fall For Bull

Bailey

I watch the streets passing. I watch the lights changing colors. I watch people walking, talking, and chatting… I watch anything besides the guy right next to me. Crossing my arms, I slump in the seat, easily regaining the anger I’ve got against him.

Still, I have to admit he does bring good snacks.

But I take nothing more than that bar. In fact, I refuse to finish it and just put it back after about three bites. Then I try listening to the music, but it’s not exactly all that I really listen to. It’s nice, however, when a Hawthorne Heights song comes on, because that’s more my type.

My foot taps absently and impatiently, until we finally reach the mall. Unfortunately, the fool doesn’t just stop to let me go- I did consider jumping out, yes- but parks the car. I don’t even glance as I unbuckle and climb out.

The cold air strikes me in surprise, because I’d already forgotten since the car had been so cozy. I shrug my hands quickly into my jacket and begin walking towards the entrance doors, praying that the freak chooses to stay away from me.

As in forever.

…. It would be a good time for him to momentarily read my mind. I mean, you know- get the hint that I want to be alone!Like always. I’ve always been alone, seriously. Besides Missy, of course… and Derrick…

My hands involuntarily turn into fists. That jerk- but I need to stop thinking on him, I guess. Just… just another major disappointment. Someone who just thought I wasn’t good enough.

Wow, my life sure runs through repeats.

….

I hate it.

“Hey, Bailey?”

“Baaaaaileeeeyyy….”

“Bailey!”

I snap out of it, staring at my feet, as he grabs my arm suddenly. “Ow!” I snap, and then realize I’d just about run into the wall. “Oh…” Ignoring him, and my arm free again, I move around the wall and start walking again.

As does Alex. “You can go now,” I tell him rudely.

“What? Can’t I walk around the mall?” He smiles innocently- and mockingly.

“Yeah- in another direction,” I order him. But he doesn’t. So two minutes later, I can’t take the tenseness of the situation, so I turn around and take the other direction. He does the same. After a minute, I figure out a hopefully foolproof plan.

I walk into Victoria Secrets.

I’m wandering through the polka-dot collection of lingerie when a voice pops up. “Hm- I always took you more for stripes. Or solids?”

I whirl around, my jaw dropping open. “Alex, you jerk! You weren’t supposed to follow me in here!”

“Why not?” He objects with a sparkle in his eye, knowing it’s annoying me. “Guys can shop here, too. Some guys actually do wear this crap, you know? Especially the gay ones. They just love the springtime collection, with all that-”

Groaning, I make my way across the shop, heading to the perfume. “Oh,” he cooes, trailing after. “You should try this Seductioncause I think it works for you. Or the Savor Thiscause it’s really sparkly. But nah, you don’t like rhinestones. Hmm… oh! Mystery Endeavorthat is so you! You should get it!”

Taking a deep breath, I whirl around with a tight smile. “Just like you should get a life.”

“But I like the one I’ve got right now,” he wiggles his eyebrows happily.

“Well it’ll vanish if you don’t vanishout of my sight,” I snap and setting the perfume I was holding down, I stalk out of the store.

“OMGEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

“It’s him, OMG!”

“Alex Gaskarth!”

“I love you!”

“Marry me! I want your babies!”

Alex bumps into me because I’ve suddenly stopped, seeing the girls beginning to crowd around. “Crap,” I hear him mutter, and then he grabs my arm. “Run,” he tells me in my ear. Then nearly tugging my arm out of its socket, I’m dragged behind him, running from those over hyper teen girls with crazy eyes, and I don’t even know why. Still, after we’ve run up the escalator and reached the other side of the mall, ending up in a boutique called Save The Rave.

“Let go!” I hiss and finally yank my arm free. “Mind telling me what the heck just happened?”

He shifts feet, ruffling his hair. “Aww, it’s nothing. I’m just… you know, the ladies man.”

“Well you sure get around, buck-o,” I tell him sarcastically and jab him on the shoulder. “But I don’t fall for bull, okay? What- who-? I want a clear answer, and I want it now,” I demand, frustrated with this git.

“It’s nothing,” he insists. I give him a withering glare and start to leave. “Wait!” He grabs my arm, clearly not wanting to lose me. Inside, I’m secretly smirking- I’ve just found his weakness, meaning I can use it against him. “Fine,” he mutters. “You seriously want to know?”

I give him an obvious look. “I didn’t ask a question not expecting an answer, stupid.”

He frowns at me, but then glances around. “Fine, fine… I just… well…” He shrugs, scratching the back of his neck. “I mean, you know… I just happen to be a singer. For like, a band.”

“A band?” I echo.

“Who happens to be famous?” He offers sheepishly.