Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Resist This

Alex

“A… famous band?” She echoes, making sure she’s got it right. I nod quickly, a little concerned of what she’s going to do. Bailey blinks, letting it sink in… then she gives a small snigger, and laughs.

“Uh… well, that’s not what I expected,” I mutter awkwardly. Then I realize that I hadn’t actually heard her laugh before, and it’s actually really pretty. Which is sort of weird when you think about it, you know? I mean a laugh being pretty? That’s just bizarre.

“What do you?” She finally speaks again. “Rap? Or do you just stand there, showing off whatever you think you have? Maybe screamo? Please, don’t let it be pop.”

“It’s punk,” I pout defensively. “Or rock…”

She snorts.

“I’m the singer,” I put in.

Her eyes bulge and she laughs again, though after a minute I figure she’s almost mocking me… I cross my arms grumpily. Okay, so some people don’t like me singing, but I don’t actually know most of them. This is just- rude!

Finally, Bailey’s done laughing and sighs, wiping away a stray tear. “Yeah… that’s just funny.”

“It’s true.” I correct her.

She looks at me, slightly frowning. “Sure…” Shrugging, her eyes lazily look around the shop. “But what’s the big deal? If you’re in the band, your music can’t be that big of a hit.”

My lips close, swallowing down retaliation. “Well,” I allow, “you haven’t exactly listened to my band yet, have you?”

HA! I caught her, and she knows it. “But- then… it must not be that good, if I haven’t heard it yet,” she manages to sputter.

“But you have,” I smirk. “It was on the radio as we came here.”

“Oh… that awful song?”

Liar!

“No, the good one,” I roll my eyes. “Jeez…” Then the conversation dies down. “So you don’t care?” I ask, cocking my head at the shorter girl who keeps catching my eye.

“About what? You? Of course not,” she says disdainfully.

I chuckle. “No, but- being married to someone famous.” My smirk widens.

Her mouth opens, but she’s got nothing. Her brow furrows, trying to think of a snappy response but she can’t. Finally, Bailey just crosses her arms and hunches her shoulders a little. “You know what?” She says eventually. “Thanks for the ride, and thanks for all this he--. But I’ll be fine on my own now, okay?” Whipping her hair around, she leaves.

Talk about sexy…

Grinning, I watch her go. This is… almost more fun than being on stage- and that’s saying something. When she leaves the store, I start trotting after, ignoring the people who’ve caught up to me, trying to take pictures and all that weird crap.

The next hour, I stand casually outside whichever shop she trails into, taking pictures with fans and chatting, but immediately leaving whenever Bailey leaves the shop. She ignores me; I ignore my fans and keep a few yards distance. Every time she comes out with a new bag- three in all- I’m dying of curiosity of what she’s bought.

Too bad she didn’t get anything at Victoria Secret.

I have to admit, that was pretty disappointing…

“So, gorgeous, ready to go?” I ask when she finally stops, sitting down on a bench.

“You were supposed to leave,” she says bitterly, not looking at me.

“But you’re so much fun,” I smile cheekily. “I couldn’t resist.”

“Resist this, then,” she grumbles, flipping me the bird.

“You’re tired,” I note, ignoring her insult. It’s obvious, though, the way she had slowed down, slumps in the seat, and the bags underneath her eyes. “Want me to take you home?”

I could have her in my car again! Nice…

“I’ll be taking the bus,” she says disdainfully. Like it’s an honor to take it? Ha.

“But my car’s already here, and the stations may be closed,” I point out. “Plus my ride is sooo much cooler, faster, it won’t cost you. Best yet? I’ll be there.”

“That would be why I’m taking the bus,” she nods slowly as if I’m a little kid.

Hm. That sure seems to happen to me often. But I just shrug it off, standing. “Come on, Bailey. Homeward bound, we go!” I snatch her bags. “Or should I carry you, too?” I grin hopefully.

“Don’t plan on it,” she snaps. But she does follow me out, trailing behind as I head to my car. I have to hide the growing smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
So? What do you think of her response? I could think of nothing else... personally, if I were told someone was famous and I didn't know about it, I'd think it was pretty funny. Odd reaction, but we have to have odd people around sometimes, you know? hehe