Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

I Was Thinking Skinny Dipping

Bailey

I guess life just wasn’t meant for me, eh? Or just… I guess it has a fun time, obviously, messing around with me. Cause it sure keeps happening to me, you know? Everything just refuses to go my way- and I have no idea why. Did I ever do anything to it? No, of course not. Life just… likes to mess with some people.

“OMG! Y- you’re Alex Gaskarth! Can I get a picture with you?”

“Sure,” he smiles, and he’s gone for another five seconds.

I brush a strand of hair from my face. It’s the fourth time it’s happened… and strange as it is, it’s extremely irritating. I just- hello, he’s trying to eat dinner! Can’t he be left in peace? Can’t I be left in peace? They should just- just not- just leave us in peace, gah…

And no, of course it’s not jealousy, okay? No. I do not get jealous. Like, ever. Psh, me? I mean, really… I never do. I just… you know, I just… can’t. Or won’t. Or… whatever!

“You okay?” Alex asks me, giving me a concerned look.

I shift in my seat. “Oh, yeah. Of course. Why wouldn’t I?” I ask sarcastically and take a quick sip. This champagne is pretty good… I pick at the rest of my big Caesar salad. Twirling the fork, a quick slide across the glass pate makes a screeching sound. I do it again… and again…

“You’re being rude,” Missy whispers across the table.

“Sorry,” I mutter a little sarcastically and set the fork down with a sigh. I rub my forehead quickly, and absently wonder what the heck is wrong with me. Feeling Alex’s eyes on me, I refuse to look at him. Well, it’s just been a long day.

Finally, though, we make our way out and soon we’re arriving at the club. Alex and Zack, of course, refuse to wait in line and go to the front of the line. Apparently, they all know each other, the people working there. So we’re led straight through and I find myself in a pretty good club.

Good- I’ve been needing a place to relax.

I let out a whoop when my jacket is put away and I immediately head straight for the bar. Grabbing a quick shot, I drink it and head out to the dance floor, never needing anyone really to dance with, but just going around.

Shortly after, I see that Alex has made his way over, smirking. “Hey,” he throws me a nod. I return it, wordless, enjoying the loud music. Chuckling, he grabs my arm, and pulls me closer. “Dance with me.”

I hesitate, considering it. But then, I just need a break right now. And if he can dance, I’m good with that. A short nod and I get moving again. We both keep in sync, moving together and staying close in the mass of sweating bodies and people.

“You sure know how to dance,” he says after a while, striking up conversation.

I give a dry laugh. “I would hope so. I took classes for years.”

“Really?” He says impressed. I nod and twirl, closing my eyes to the music. “You know,” he says after a minute. “You look great tonight.”

My eyes open in surprise. “Oh… thanks,” I shrug it off.

“Want a drink?” He asks. That, I don’t even have to think about and nod quickly. He takes my hand, leading me over to the bar where we order some funky martinis and he starts cracking jokes about little umbrellas… that are actually pretty funny and make me laugh.

That, or I also had a bit too much champagne and I’m getting a little wired with the new drink. It’s strong, I realize, but so am I. We order another before returning to the dance floor, where we find Missy and Zack and we make a little circle, chatting a little and having a blast.

Suddenly, it’s nearly three in the morning and I’ve lost count of the drinks I’ve had. I never count, anyways. “I have an idea!” I shout, raising a fist in the air.

“Oh yeah?” Alex grins. “Me too!”

“Let’s do a contest! I bet I can drink more,” I smirk, leaning forward.

“Oh… I was thinking skinny dipping,” he pouts.

That strikes me as funny, making my stomach feel all bubbly so I giggle. “Maybe later, Alex. Come on! Let’s do the contest!” I bring the subject back up, jumping up and down as I get off the chair and yank at his hand.

He nods quickly and excitedly. “Bartender! Let’s get those rounds a-coming!”

Apparently, we both can hold our liquor and after about four shots maybe, we lose track of how many we’d been downing. That’s funny, and laughing, we go back on the dance floor for a little while.

The alcohol has made us a little slow, so we give up on trying to dance quickly and Alex wraps his arms around my waist, pulling and keeping me close to him. I sigh contentedly and wrap my arms around his neck, thinking how nice it is right now. We sway like that for a while, until Zack and Missy arrive, saying they’re ready to go.

“Ya’know what I fig’rred?” Alex slurs, holding my hand as we leave.

“Mmm… chocolate’s yummy?” I ask brightly.

“Nope,” he pops the p. He takes a deep breath. “I dunno nothing about you!”

I laugh. “Haha, you don’t!”

He pouts. “That’s not funny! You’re mean!”

“No I’m not!” I snap suddenly. “It’s not my f-fault! Cause- cause I didn’t want it, I did NOT ask for it,” I complain dramatically, swaying a little as we keep walking to his car. It’s so far away! We’ll be walking all night! A bed sounds sooo good right now…

“Asked fer what?” Alex cocks his head.

Aww, like a puppy! It’s soososoosssoooo cute! I grab his face and give him a sudden kiss. His lips feel so good, but I let go cause my mind’s already wandering again- and he looks so funny, leaving his mouth hanging open… I love puppies! Then I start walking again like nothing happened. We reach his car and climb in.

He’s started driving and those lights are sooo bright and pretty, I think. Maybe, maybe some day I’ll go touch them! “Okay, okay,” I take a deep breath. “Y-ya wanna know what reeeeeeeallly happeneded?”

“Yeah, yeah, I do!” Alex claps.

“What reeeellllllyyyyy happen’d?” I ask, drawing it out slowly like it’s sexy or something. He nods quickly. “Wellz-” I stop suddenly, because I feel all weird inside. My breath catches suddenly. “I- I…” my eyes fill with tears and I bring up my hands, trying to catch the salt water. “My b-baby brother died. He died, he died. Annnnded, it was all, all my fault. Cause, cause it was- was up to me.”

“Nu-uh,” Alex starts, wearing a confused face.

“I saw a murder!” I shriek, my eyes opening wide and I run a hand across my dripping nose. “It- it was soooososoossosoo scary, and- and I cried and I cried and I cried, b-but there was no one there for me! No one! And I was sosososo alone and sad, and I cried, and it was so scary. And I miss m-my brot’er…” I sniff and rub furiously at my eyes. “Cause… it was…” my eyelids droop, and I sway a little, feeling the car stop.

It stopped? Why did it stop? Why aren’t we going? I choke on my next words as my door opens. Alex lets me out. Hurriedly I run to the bushes nearby, and let everything in my stomach out.

Finished, I stand up and cough as Alex clumsily brushes my hair back. “Y-you’rrre… okay?” He asks, blinking dumbly.

“I… I don’t know,” I sniff and take an uneasy step, almost falling into him. “I’m just… gonna… sleep,” I blink widely, then my eyes close as I pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
....did I get your hopes up with the title? I hope not! lol

Wowser. LOTS happened....

IS she getting jealous?
She danced with him!
When they're drunk, they can't count....
And her past waaaaaaaaaaaay sucks.

Curious?

66 subscribers! Awesome! :D