Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Exciting

Bailey

Groaning, I pull on the outfit Missy gives me. “Stop that,” she says sternly. “You look cute.”

“I don’t like looking cute,” I glower, shoving on the shoes she’s letting me borrow. “Why can’t I just look the way I always do? I like my vests. You’re not letting me wear any black, either.”

“It’s good to wear a variation of colors,” she informs me. “And it’s a cute outfit. At least I’m letting you wear your jacket, right?” Missy offers. “It could have been the grown shrug.”

I wrinkle my nose. “True.” Sighing, I stand and look in the mirror. “I guess it’ll have to do.”

“Do? You look great,” Missy informs me.

“Least I’m doing it for myself,” I mutter under my breath.

“Oh, about Alex…” Missy starts slowly. “I just recalled- we’ve been wanting to talk to you about that.” I look at her, frowning. “Well, the press has caught on, and… well, something might happen to the band image, you know? So…” she offers a smile. “We want you guys to really act like a couple… as in you moving into his house.”

I blink. I stare. She doesn’t burst out laughing… not a joke? I keep trying to get my head wrapped around the new fact. Press. Band. Image. Marriage. Couple. House. Alex. “You know what?” I say finally. “I think… I think I’m going to pretend I didn’t just hear that.”

She follows me out with a sigh as I join the others. “You clean up good,” Alex smiles.

“I just changed.”

“True… did you know you always look good?”

“Flattery gets you nowhere, kid.”

“Says those at the bottom, sweetheart.”

“Are you implying I’m on the bottom?”

He shrugs. “No, babe. I’m just saying you refuse to act like you’re on top.”

“You know what? That did not make sense, and I refuse to reply to that.”

“You just did,” Alex points out.

“I talked to you, I did not reply to the comment,” I correct him.

“But we were still talking, and since I talked then you talked, we’re still talking and you did reply to the comment, cause that’s talking,” he tells me.

“Well isn’t that exciting!” Missy jabs in quickly. “And you know what’s more exciting? The fair! Okay, everybody out!”

“What about Georgie?” Alex pouts.

“Drop him off at home, man,” Rian rolls his eyes. “Bailey’ll help.” He adds as everyone trails out.

Wait… I have to ride with him? Again?



Wait a minute. Why didn’t I feel like puking at the thought? I blink, staring at the doorway. My heart hammers as my throat goes dry. Cause… this… this doesn’t happen. No, it’s not.

“Bailey?” Alex asks at the doorway.

I take a deep breath. “Coming.” Nothing is happening. Just trying to be nice to him. Stop thinking about him, and everything will be fine. Don’t give in. Giving in only gets somebody hurt and that’s never good. So nothing is happening, and it won’t. Ever. Just… being friendly. Sort of.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, about that tripled chapter repeated and everything. My computer must hate me.... or something. Heh. But yeah. Hope you're liking!
500 readers. 91 subscribers. 70 comments.
......*wiggles eyebrows*
Evil idea! Haha..... ::: I think it's time we upped it to three comments for a new chapter.
And yeah, I"m serious.... hey, at least I don't ask for ten! I know some [great] stories that do that