Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

My Favorite

Alex

Wow. Wwwwooooooowww.

How is it she can wear anything simple, even casual- and she still looks amazing in it? I have the faint curious notion to wonder what she’d look like in a paper bag, but then why should she? She deserves better. And purple definitely works on her.

Low-cut halter slinky dress with a slit, some silver jewelry… I could easily see myself taking her somewhere- maybe the Oscars? Hmm… well, I resolve to myself, I’ll get her in that dream dress someday. And she’ll like me when she’s wearing it, too!

Still, to avoid the stares, I manage to look away and suddenly, I find myself back in the car, ready to go to some fair- after Georgie’s put away, of course- with her. In the car. Alone. Sorry, Georgie, you don’t really count, pal.

It’s quiet as I start driving and I get the hint that she’s feeling pretty uncomfortable with everything, but I can’t think of anything I can do or say to make it better. Act like it’s not there? Act casual? I guess…

She helps me get Georgie’s things out, but then I just stand there with him in my arms a few minutes later. “So… is it safe to leave him alone?” I scratch my head.

She blinks, her eyes roaming around, probably actually looking around for the first time, somewhat curious. “What?” She asks after a delayed moment. “Did you say something?”

I raise my eyebrow at her being spacey, but then if that means she won’t notice me staring at her, I can’t really complain. “Uh… yeah. What about Georgie?”

“Oh, right.” She nods. “How about your backyard? Wooden fence all around?”

“Right,” I nod. “That’s good. Okay.” I lead him out and Bailey trails after, bringing some food and water in his dishes. “Oh, hey. Yeah, thanks,” I add, having not thought of that. She nods and walks off towards the car. I start wondering what’s on her mind, but not feeling that I should ask right now, not after what’s all occurred today. Then I realize I’m still in these casual clothes that now smell like dog, so I run up to change. Putting on some skinny jeans, my ‘glamour’ shirt, hat and shades, favorite shoes and jacket, I use some of my favorite cologne- then running down the stairs, I run my hands through my hair and lock up, finding Bailey waiting in the car.

“I know!” I decide after we’ve been on the freeway for a few minutes. My radio’s being stupid so it’s all awkwardly quiet. “We can play a game!”

She gives me a look. “A game?” The way she says it seems to imply I can’t…hm.

I nod eagerly. “Twenty questions! Only we play till we get there,” I add with a goofy grin.

“That’s all you could think of?” She asks flatly.

“Have anything better?” I ask defensively.

She sighs, shaking her head and leaning it against the window. “Fine, whatever.”

Silence. Then I realize I have to be the one to start. After a minute, I come up with a question. “What’s your favorite color?”

“Don’t have one,” she finally murmurs, not looking over to me.

“You don’t have a favorite color?” I echo. “That’s impossible! Everyone has a favorite color! They just have to! Come on, seriously, though, Bailey. Truth.”

She shrugs. “I don’t, okay? I just don’t.”

“Come on,” I beg her lightly. “Any preference? What’s the most used color in your closet? Which color do you not like?”

Bailey is silent, hopefully coming up with her answer. “I suppose,” she starts softly, “I don’t like orange, pink, or yellow very much. And I have more black in my closet than anything else.”

Cause she looks so sexy in it, of course…

I nod. “Well there’s a start. Mine’s… uh….blue.” Isn’t it? Well, it was recently. I might be edging to green or red, but blue’s good. It goes with my eyes, of course. “Your turn to ask,” I prompt.

Giving a slight groan, she goes quiet. “Favorite movie?”

“Uh… Troy- and Nightmare Before Christmas!” I grin at the last one. “Jack is awesome! You?”

“Mmm… The Good Shepherd and Transformers.”

“Really? Sweet,” I grin over at her. “Okay, uh… if you were stuck on an island with only a Popsicle stick and stale cheese, what would you do?”

She looks at me oddly. “Is this a trick question?”

“Nope.”

“Okay, then… I guess… I’d throw them away and get on the boat to leave.”

“Hey, I never said there was a boat!”

“You never said there wasn’t,” she points out.

“I thought it was implied,” I say injured. She just shrugs. I sigh. “Fine… I’d do the same, too, I guess…”

“Favorite book?”

“Dr. Suess!” I laugh. “I like his rhymes. And when I actually act my age, I like… Grisham’s stuff.”

“Count of Monte Cristo and anything by Higgins.”

“Interesting,” I nod, though I’m not sure about the first. Sounds a little familiar, maybe… eh. But maybe I should read it, see what it’s like… more Bailey stuff! Yay! Anyways… “Okay, favorite childhood friend?”

She purses her lips. “My brother.”

I pale a little. “Oh, crap! I’m sorry,” I stumble over my words. “I wasn’t trying- I didn’t think, cause I was just- trying to- to you know, talk to you.” I swear again under my breath.

“It’s okay,” she says softly. “You?”

I scratch my head. “I’d say… Jack, maybe. But there was this kid down the street. I don’t remember that much, though. Huh, weird…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to let y'all know, I don't know any of the real facts about him, sorry! Heh... If you guys know, then just pretend to insert that info, kay?
Seeing All Time Low in concert, jealous!!!!!!!!
And I hope this link works to see the outfit that she's wearing for the night: Bailey's outfit
And ummmm..... yeah. Thanks for all the comments! Meant to put it out last night... but my dad gets sooooo moody when i'm on after nine. as in taking away 'my privileges' and all that bull. ughers.... oh well! here we goes....
Anyone read Count of Monte Cristo? or seen movie? amazing! :D